Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lets see some Bobber Trucks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrManz, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adidasink

adidasink
    from Denton, TX

Yeah...I understand the channeling...but I am 6 foot 2....so it couldnt be that drastic!!!

I guess I am looking for specs/build information on the Rudy Truck, that Canada Custom Hotrod Truck such as body style, frame...chop, channel, all the good info...so I can draw out what I am looking to do...and what I would need to collect (part wise)

2. adidasink

adidasink
    from Denton, TX

Thank you sir!!! Just the info I was looking for.....I am going to PM him and ask him some questions...I love that truck!!!

3. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

My truck is only channeled about 3" and Chopped 2.5" so there is lots of room. I am 6'2" and I looked at a bunch of coupes and trucks before I built this one. Also my old coupe was channeled 4" and had a real short custom roof on it and I really didn't fit so I wanted to make this one so I could ACTUALLY DRIVE it and be comfortable. Its not easy to get looks and comfort at the same time. Mine is not done, but I think I will have both!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  4. rab71

rab71

Laurie Peterson's truck is actually the truck taht made me want to build mine. I know mines not as nice but I like it, and I will keep working on it until I get it just the way I want.

By the way I really dont see a problem with his interior. Nic ecustom dash descent upohlstered seats... Add some door skins, and a head liner and call it good. ;)

5. Dznuts

Dznuts
    from ATL jo ja

as far as im concerned this guy hit the nail on the head! ive been lookng for this truck since i read an article in rodders journal about it. he really turned nothing into something. from what i understand he found most of this truck in various creeks and fields. didnt buy too much of it.

6. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Just A Sneek Peek.........

Attached Files:

7. striper

striper

Uh Ohh!!! :eek::eek::eek:

8. neverlift666

neverlift666
    from Sacramento

I'm diggin on all these! Maybe rename this thread "loboy pickups"? Seems like most of 'em are just that - channeled, fenderless pickups that can't fit anyone over 5'7"! Anyone got some bitchin roadster pickups, or modified pictures? Something that the big guys can fit in?

9. cydways

cydways

v. bobbed, bob·bing, bobs
    v.intr. To fish with a bob.

v.tr. To cut short or reshape: bobbed her hair; had his nose bobbed.

seems like a fitting name to me? to many different ways to build hot rods...just gives people a idea of what your going for. i thought thats what hot rodding was all about.. finding new stuff to do to set you apart? plus maybe this is all some can find to build..i mean not everyone has the money to buy some nice ford roadster or coupe body. truck cabs are still available but usually just the cab..no fenders or bed. so people make due!

10. How about a RAT/BOBBER?

11. bobbers are great. they have their own little niche just like rats, old skool, traditional, street, custom. just drive 'em!

12. Crazy8

Crazy8
    from KY

13. Kuzze

Kuzze

this is my.
    l_257f76b0a52b1ec9f151667af2fdb714.jpg

14. AHotRod

AHotRod

Let's see some more !

15. billbrown

billbrown
    BANNED

iv drooled over ruscco's truck a few times. Fast trucks are way sweeter than a slow A.

16. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

17. Are we talking about boobs...........?

18. axle

axle
    from Drag City

I'll be the first to say it. Its time to end this thread.

19. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Columbus Ohio Goodguys show 2008.

20. krashman

krashman

Here is my 35. Just started on the bodywork yesterday. Its the never ending project.

Attached Files:

21. Skunk Works

Skunk Works

Johnnieratzilla.jpg

Dude! Is that a kick stand? Totally bitchin'...yer right, I'm smilin'. I love seeing stuff like this.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  22. Skunk Works

Skunk Works

Personally, I like 'em! Not everyone can afford or even likes the standard cookie cutter formula for the "quintessential hot rod". Besides, if someone gets it "wrong", I like to figure out why so I don't make the same mistake on my ride. When I go to a car show, I usually do a quick walk through all the cars and then come back and study things that catch my eye on the second pass. More often than not, it's cars and trucks like these that I've spent a lot of time examining up close. I admire the engineering and metal work that make them what they are. Anybody can throw together a "catalog car" without much thought, but these are more an expression of art, form and function. I watched Dennis Gage feature the truck below for his TV show at last years Hunnert Car Pileup... The engineering was INCREDIBLE. I looked at this truck for almost an hour. Definitely way above and beyond 90% of the cars there.

As for the term "Bobber", I always thought it had something to do with something being cut short. Women can get a bob haircut, semi's without a trailer are bobtail, motorcycles minus all unnecessary accessories are bobbers or choppers, although I tend to associate chopper with extended forks and bobber with conventional forks. These trucks are cut down to the essentials and don't have a lot of extras, which makes them cheap and in some cases pretty cool. I like the term bobber truck. The title certainly grabbed the attention of more than a few HAMBers. Either way, it's like anything else. Some folks will like it, some won't. Do what makes you happy.

Attached Files:

23. STEELRAT

STEELRAT

Here's mine. '36 cab on a model a frame, homemade box, '34 chevy grille.

24. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

Here is a picture of mind still under construction. Ford Model T cab on a Model A frame.

Attached Files:

25. lost boy 62

lost boy 62

here's one more

Attached Files:

26. Oz Cody

Oz Cody
    from Australia

I like old skool attitude.....

Like---- wimin are fer cookin' an cleanin':p:p

27. redsean

redsean

just had to add a couple more hot rod truck. (this is what happens when rich guys have time on there hands) lol

(camo one is the Runamucka)

Attached Files:

28. Those kick ass...

I'd love to hear that straight 6

29. ....+1

30. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

.... +2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.