Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford front hub inner bearing seals?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Neophyte, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Neophyte

Neophyte

When I stripped the brakes and drums off of my '38 Ford front axle I ekpt everything. Now I can't find any evidence off or remmber taking out any inner seals from the drum's hubs.

Did they actually have seals?

From my measurements the shaft is about 1.5" diameter where the seals should sit and the seal's o.d. is about 2.67".

Is there anywhere online where I could order these from as it seems a bit difficult to find this size at the local bearing shops?

2. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

3. the id is actually 1.5625

CR (that stands for Chicago Rawhide) part # 15730 at any good auto parts store here is the USA

4. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

yea, but he's in south africa, thats the reason i shot him the DC link and pic for reasembly

how the hell ya been anyhow?

5. synchro7

synchro7

According to the International Seal Interchange book 48-1190 crosses to:C/R-15730,15735; National-40751,5796; and Victor-49187.
    It is ISI group 61611, 1.563" ID, 2.686" OD, .375" wide.

6. yeah, i know...that's why i said USA, and gave a part number from a company that distributes their products all over the world and has been in business for 127 years

hopefully someone there can cross it , and get one from the warehouse...i was thinking he could find one local and save the time and expense of shipping from here

7. Neophyte

Neophyte

Very cool! Thanks for all the part numbers guys. I'm quite sure that I'll be able to get much further on those.

Yeah, to get it locally will definitely save on time and shipping cost.

8. Neophyte

Neophyte

I managed to find a local equivalent but the shop can only have it in on Monday but that's cool. At least they could help. Will report back with the make and part # for your reference when I have it.