Register now to get rid of these ads!

Welcome to Austin: Ryan's Top 5

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Damnit! I was all happy and smug about not planning on Austin this year (since I live in the best place for natural wonders in the world) but I digress.........then you guys get talking food and beer.........some things I enjoy deeply. Now I feel like a heel for not trying to go this year! Thats OK tho, the Tudor has one more reason to be roadworthy.....................and I just heard we have a tortilla bakery in our area that serves those great texmex tortillas fresh. Plan on picking up some tomorrow, to fill the void.

You kids have fun,myself and the Vagabonds wish ya'll the best.

2. You're running out of excuses for avoiding me, aren't you?

You better be coming to Pile Up this fall so I can collect on that man-hug.

3. Foo! I was there last year when you had some girly excuse about an old friends wedding:rolleyes: And it was chilly! I could have used some extra man-heat!:D BTW, great Hawk entry! Galaga..................heheheehehe;)

4. Yes, I will be in Morris this fall, it has become my Bday treat to myself.

5. See latest when you have a chance.

6. At least she dumped that weirdo...mmmAtlantic.......tip a Shiner for me!

7. 31DAN

31DAN

The best BBQ is located at Donns BBQ in Oakhill Hwy 71 & 290 W. 288-4060 Don is in his late 80's or early 90's and been doing BBQ for years. Rated 4****. all of his staff has worked for him years..The best home style cooking is at Hovers on manor road just east of Hwy 35....
    Dan

8. J3W3L$

J3W3L$

Stop it you guys are making me Hungry!

9. Marcie Cochran

Marcie Cochran
    Event Coordinator

Buzzard -

I just saw your lovely wife! Believe me, I can't wait to have this kid so we can get together for some drinks. Definitely at Shady Grove, one of our favorite places too!

(Eight weeks and counting... then I'll be back!)

See you tomorrow!

10. hankcash

hankcash

Hey...
    Congrats!
    Who's is it?

hc
    www.monstrosityfoto.com

11. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Shady Grove is truely some of last of "old Austin". Easy few blocks from the action on Congress. It's also right next to the most valuable trailer park in Texas!!

The Magnolia for breakfast - miga's are killer.

The "new" Threadgill's downtown is good comfort food and one of the best Austin music memorabilia displays in town (Janis and others played the old gas station out on Lamar). Just around the corner from the action.

Really, just keep south of the river and everything will be fine.
    Huh, unless you just need to troll for Jail bait on 6th :- )

12. Am I the only Roller Girls fan on the HAMB? I go to Big Easy Rollergirls matches as well as Panama City, Biloxi, and Mobile. I know Austin has a few teams. I might as well go ahead and plead guilty to the dirty old man charges.

13. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

The Austin gals reinvented Roller Derby in '01. The Roller Derby revival started from there. If you are staying through Sunday, you can check out the action.

http://www.txrollergirls.com/

14. ig'nant

ig'nant

Ahhhh, you guys are getting me all Austin horny. Most of the bases have been covered when it comes to my old favorite haunts. And just a quick aside: yes Dallas sucks, but Fort Worth is a helluva town, only 15 miles away.

Anywho, just for giggles, y'all click this link and then click "street view" and imagine how much different the view is gonna be on Friday night.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&u...744292&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=image

[​IMG]

15. Wahoooooooooooo, on my way out the door! See you tonight!

16. spankbomb

spankbomb

For those headed back towards Houston on 290E Sunday, may I recommend the 290 Cafe in Manor for breakfast?

Grab an omelette or migas and pop for two pancakes on the side. The pancakes are the best I've ever had.

Enjoy the show, looks like the weather is clearing up.

Later,
    Jon D.

17. Don Dalton

Don Dalton
    from Austin,Tx

18. skinnydennis

skinnydennis
    from Austin, TX

Y'all forgittin about Chuy's:cool:

19. shoeboxsean

shoeboxsean

dont forget abouts chuys mexican restaurant get a elvis memorial platter.

20. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

You guys can have most of the Tex-Mex, but I'll cut ya if you come between me and my love migas and cornmeal pancakes. You can find me starting each day at the Magnolia Cafe.

Doc.

21. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Me and the little lady had Chuy's for the first time the other night. Pretty darn good.

22. Lucky444

Lucky444

My wife and I loved Austin so much we toyed with the idea of moving there from Hawaii. This coming from someone who is born and raised on Kauai (Still one of my favorite places to be)!

We were there for the LSRU last year and were blown away with the friendliness of the people. Even went back in June to check out real estate. We were serious, but we were total sissy's about the heat! Still love to visit though. On my top five list of awesome towns.

23. I visited about two months ago. I loved the place. I went to the Continental every night I was there, GREAT place. Did all the other food stops too, home slice, gueros, and the random side of the road vendors! Even got a tour of A.S.S. I wish it wasn't 7 hours from here, I'd spend more time. what I love about the town is the laid back attitude. Reminds me of where I lived during college (Pismo Beach/ Shell Beach, Ca area)

24. Is that sicko in the silver jacket still chompin' mex at Guero's?:D

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011