Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old wrecking yards in Texas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lobucrod, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I took a trip this past weekend and ran across a couple of old wrecking yards along the way. Theres still lots of old iron out there. Heres a few pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. toddc

toddc

3. restin&rustin

restin&rustin
    from illinois

thanx for posting cant get enough of these fallen heroes frozen in time.

4. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

got to see if some of those trucks are for sale

5. Terry

Terry

That starliner is just out side Aspermount, right?

6. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

thats the one

7. Robert gilbert

Robert gilbert
    from boston

did you get to ask or talk to anyone

8. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ohhhhhhh I think I'm on love :)

9. Oh Shit, you guys are fucking up my retirement.. :rolleyes:

I am moving close to that area in a year or two.

I always say there is enough for everyone, so have at it.

The starliner is cool. Always wanted one of those, 20 years before Kirk built his..but his is cool too.

Not being a bandwagoner..

10. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

What would it cost to ship that to Australia.

11. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Nope, we went through on Sunday and no one was around. No phone # posted anywhere either. We should be going through there again in a week or two and will try to get some more info.

12. Those cars in Aspermont (my home town) are owned by Felix Calamaco.

Any price he gives will be at least quadruple the worth of the vehicle.

I'm waiting for him to die. His kids probably will be more reasonable.

13. 48fordcoe

48fordcoe
    from In

I like to get the Ford school bus

14. ...thanks for those wonderful pics, hope someone gets to save some of that tin,....eventually.

15. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

we have a similar case here in Abilene... a has owned a tow yard since forever... keeps all vintage tin he finds... now he has a obscene amount, and noone will ever get it til he dies.

16. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Dont wait too long, you might make the obits before he does.
    Then whose gonna get all the old iron your hording!

17. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

There's a couple of yards around the Lubbock area. One is on Hwy 83 between I 70 and US 82. Looks like some good stuff there, the other on Hwys 62/82 near Wolforth. Saw them last year, need to go back soon and walk them.

18. PunkRodder

PunkRodder

I am about an hour from Aspermont. You right though those old guys are tight.

19. The last group of your pics were taken on Hwy 380 between Newcastle and Graham. That is not a wrecking yard, that is his "personal collection". Those cars are all owned by Mike "Bear" Young. A cantankerous old fart. Pretty much everything is for sale, but not a fair prices. He is a little different than you and I, if you know what I mean.
    I`ve always wondered why all the gripey old farts have the cool old cars ? Life is not fair.

20. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

Probaly because all the reasonable people made deals to sell theirs years ago.

21. I'm not hoarding all that old iron...just gettin' it ready for new owners!

As soon as I get the junk cleaned out of 'em, get good pictures, and get title hearings started, you're gonna see at least seven of my project cars hit the classifieds ('36 Ford sedan, '38 Ford sedan, '46 Ford pickup, '52 Ford station wagon, '52 Dodge station wagon, '54 Lincoln sedan, '57 Pontiac station wagon).

I thought I recognized that batch of vehicles. I stopped there years ago and tried to buy a Chevy II convertible sitting under his carshed.

BTW, I'm not a gripey old fart unless ya have no sense and offer me $150 for a complete '50 Ford pickup or ask $3500 for yer '50 Pontiac six-cylinder sedan that has no title and ain't moved since 1976.

22. Zeke T.

Zeke T.

Last week I had to go to Waco for work and on the way back to SA I drove past some place that had a bunch of muscle cars on display in the front yard. I saw a '57 chevy and other stuff. What caught my eye was right next to it was a lot with '30s, '40s bodies all perfectly spaces out and arranged. I think I was in Temple but I couldn't get any pics or turn around cuz the jerk I was with didn't want to stop. Anybody know about this place?

23. tr12

tr12

there is still some good tin out there for us youngins to cut up!!!!

24. Robert gilbert

Robert gilbert
    from boston

Man i dont get it . I know a few old times who hoard shit and its just rotted right into the ground and they wont sell it to me . The town is giving them tickets and they still wont , Or they think its worth thousands it may have been but thats before it fell off the frame 10 / 20 years ago

25. Zeke T.

Zeke T.

Oh yeah, it was IH-35 access rd.

26. green

green

I hate when people would rather sit on a car till it rots than let it go to someone.

27. JJK

JJK

I've been around some of the west tx guys and man they have got to be some of the hardest to deal with when it comes to sellin a car. Had one guy ask "what he hell do you want that for? I said I really like it and would love to fix it up (31 roadster on 32 frame) pretty beat car by the way. His response "Don't waste your time just go buy one" Then he proceded to tell me about his buddys that was for sale that had a 350/350 and a mustang II painted yellow on cragars that was "balls to the wall" I just left , what do you say to that?

28. Anybody want to check and see if there's some door stainless for a 57 chev 150 2door?

29. welshj

welshj

Um, that sounds like the one off highway 190 just outside of killeen.
    Pink convertible '57 bel air? On the right side of the road heading away from 35?

Yeah, it's been sitting in that field since I got here in '02.
    The top's been down for at least that long, and he wanted (memory serves..) 10 grand for it.

I stopped out there once, he's got a lot of old iron out back. i wandered around for awhile, and went to ask about some of the cars. The guy was cutting the back end off of one '57 to weld onto the front end of another.

No biggie right?

He cut the whole damn car in half - frame, body, everything and welded it to the other part all at once.
    Says he specializes in restoring tri fives... scared the crap outta me.

He thinks his cars are made of gold.

joel

30. 52style

52style

That pink 57 with the top down hell the hard top is just plain choppeed off that thing aint nothing but an old parade car

that guy is out of his mind on complete cars but very reasonable on parts

that place is called little valley auto ranch i live right by there the real savable stuff is in the back being parted out the rusted out shit is in the front being sold as whole cars they got it kinda backwards if you ask me