Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Death Of a Sweet Merc!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by suicidal-element, Apr 1, 2008.

1. wheres the car that hit him??? id like to see how bad his car is...

yeah its fixable, lots of time though....good time to make a custom bumper and switch tail lights, glad hes ok...really, now im scared to take out my 52 after she's done!!!! shit happens... gorgeous merc

2. Cadfink

Cadfink
    from california

Wow.... Its crazy how most of us look at the merc and just know how much work and money and favors go in to a car like that and in an instant poof all gone for a text... I got side swiped head on by a guy taking a picture of himself with his camera phone.. Priorities... I feel for this guy.. cause the insurance company only gave me enough to start from scratch.....

3. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Most of us are guilty of talking on the cell phone, me not very much but still have done it. Those frickin things are killing more people than drunk driving ever did and still no comprehensive plan to rid us of this. Pisses me off bigtime.

4. old beet

old beet

I've got an extra blue dot tailite, not much but I would like to help. PM me!....OLDBEET

5. <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">A good friend of mine just finished fixing his 50 drop top Ford that was rear ended on the freeway just outside of Columbus Ohio. She was on a cell and doing makeup and late to be somewhere. She told the Cop that she didn't see the orange barrels making it come down to one lane, imagine that. She hit him at the continental kit and pushed it into the trunk. Insurance took care of it and it's back on the road, looks nice, Rags
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

6. skyrodder

skyrodder

Damn... i hope you can get it fixed...

7. luvzccr

luvzccr

wow looking at that makes my stomach hurt :(

8. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

There is a dude on ebay right now that is cutting up a 49-50 merc for parts. He has the driver side b-pillar for sale right now. I sure hope he decides to fix it.

9. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

They run about $50, but I didn't tell you that:D

10. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Down here its a $100 fine for using your cell phone while driving, still see a few doing it but not many...

11. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I'd beat the living shit out of someone...

12. Oh Shit!!!!!!! That sucks major ass, but at least he walked away and it looks like it can be brought back. Hopefully he had good insurance

13. Are public Kanings still illegal in this country?

14. Django

Django
    from Chicago

That sucks. There was a kid killed on his bike mentioned on Jockey Journal too from someone texting I think.

that is definitely worth fixing by someone.

15. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Oh yea... instead of rear ending us texting they will rear end us screwing around with the phone trying to get a signal.
    Man this sucks... I hate cell phone users on the road. I hate cell phone users in public...period.
    Who's kid has to get killed by a cell phone user to get these laws passed and people time for doing this???

16. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

AAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Should be tied to a post and stoned to death with cell phones.

17. AWWWWWW FUCKKKK thats when you kill a person.

18. ol rusty

ol rusty
    from Kentucky

hope no one was hurt damn shame about the ride rape the insurance company oh my check i mean oh my neck

19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie

Man what a shame ! It's taken me 13 years to get my Merc on the road and my mind won't evan let me go there. I hope he fixes it.

FF

20. dmac620

dmac620

Ouch! Hope he can fix it and get it back on the road.

21. Thelonious

Thelonious

You're a prick. No matter how stupid somebody is, they don't deserve that sort of shit. I know I was a terrible and irresponsible driver when I was 16, and I can't think of many other 16 year olds who weren't. She fucked up and got hurt, (probably badly) and you taunt her about it? Its no wonder you got screwed by insurance, karma is a bitch.

22. 52 csb

52 csb

It is illigal to use hand held cell phone on da ROCK . Gotta use headset !!!!!! Glad local boy survived!!!!!!!!!!

23. RoscoeFink

RoscoeFink
    from Idaho

What in the hell must've hit him and how fast must it have been going?!?! Those Mercs aren't made of light weight metal.
    I hope both parties are okay. What a stupid reason to cause a wreck.
    I don't have any parts to offer, but I do want to help, so I'll keep my eyes open. I sure hope he opts to fix the thing. It really does look doable. somebody oughta' start some kind of petition or something to stop Texting while driving.

24. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Just a heads up. alot of states have laws against texting and holding phones up to your rear..its a stiff fine..and if an accident occured due to this action..there could be law suits involved..so if they can prove this person was in fact texting.. this ol boy may have a good case on his hands to not only fix his car but to teach these kinds of people a financial lesson that sooon would not be forgotten

25. suicidal-element

suicidal-element
    from Auburn, CA

I dont know what hit him, or what his plans are. I forwarded him the link, so maybe he will log on and answer some of the questions!!!

26. EL BOZITO

EL BOZITO
    from EAST BAY

it was a ford ranger.

27. BigBoys_Girl

BigBoys_Girl

Hi Everyone - Thanks so much for your support. The Merc belongs to my fiance Jack. Luckily he was able to walk away from this accident but he has the expected major neck, back pain, & bruises. The other vehicle was a Ford Ranger, doing about 60 mph.
    The young kid, under 20 yrs, driving was not paying attention but also the county has not remedied this hazardous road. We have now learned from neighbors that there have been multiple accidents at this location, in one a 18 year old girl lost her life. We just bought our house a month ago which is located about 1/4 mile up the road from the accident site. It's very scarey knowing that my 15 year old daughter will be driving this road in 1 year. If Jack was not in his Merc the outcome could of been tragic. The Merc is insured, hopefully they will spend the $$ to fix it, or we will be looking for something new. I'm so sad that we will not be driving the Merc to Santa Maria this year :(

28. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

BadBoys Girl...take it to the state level too than..its time to wake up some people

29. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

glad your man made it out of this alive.

30. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Thank God Jack is alright the sad thing is jack was talking about finishing the merc now i guess he can. Did jack kick the kids ass, Tell jack when he is better to call me for parts i might be able to help him out.
    Jared