Register now to get rid of these ads!

Well I just blew a hole in My Block!! No car at the Roundup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bones35, Apr 1, 2008.

1. bones35

bones35

well ive spent the last two weeks getting my olds back together and have been dying to drive my forty. i took my 56 heads and put 194 exhaust valves in, installed some ross roller rockers, ported and ppolished them, and to to top it off put two holley 450's on a offy intake. its been atleast 7 months. about two days ago i took her for the first drive it took till today to get the jetting right. i take her on little track like test to check the plugs. 3 gears 5 grand a piece and kill the motor at about 90mph. check the plugs looks a little lean, go to fire her up and out blows piles of white smoke. now at these point im trying to be optomistic, but but a its ashit load of white smoke. come home pull all my hard work apart and it had a blown headgasket that proceded to blow a huge hole in the cylinder wall to waterjacket. now this motor has put up with a crapload of beating dragracing and whatnot but this block is heading for the scrapyard. by the way that son of bitch pulled like a damn fright train. cory

2. Lucky77

Lucky77

As I'm sure you know, its all part of the game. At least you got to have a little fun with it.

3. bones35

bones35

pic

Attached Files:

4. wvenfield

wvenfield

I feel bad for you. I hate to see a guy miss an event they were looking forward to. I'll go ahead and trade you a running 54 Chevy and you can still attend.

5. bones35

bones35

im still going, just the second year this car has missed the roundup, last year was the night before. guess ill just have to ride the panhead around

6. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. Are ya gonna make it to the Stray Kat 500 in May?

Or come down to Conway on the 12th...we're having a little HAMB get together.

7. bones35

bones35

well that all depends if i can get my other block machined and jam it all back together, my wife just came home with the camera im gonna take some pics. cory

8. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

It seems like they always run best just before they give it up.

9. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

lord knows thats the truth!!!!!

10. clemdaddy

clemdaddy

don't worry, you're young, there's a lot more time for disappointments. the absolute shame is after all the work you got teased by what it could be.

the real story, since i was with you when this happened, you were taching out second gear, pulling hard and winding tight on a narrow and bumpy road when this big truck coming at us swerved. the speed, the g force, the impending death senario, hell... i just pissed my pants. when the pee leaked through your floorboard and hit that hot motor it blew. sorry, man. my bad!

11. The Shocker

The Shocker

Sorry to hear about your motor.I always have that kind of shit in the back of my mind for a second or two when i pull up to the Christmas Tree .The motor in the Falcon is fresh ,but anything is possible when your pushing the engine over 6000 .It hasnt came apart after many runs ,but the very next time could be the straw that broke the Camels back.Its part of it i know ,but it still sucks when it happens to you.See you at the show...

12. richie rebel

richie rebel

bones, sorry to here about your motor,but you have to learn you can't do both (drive /race) its one way or other,if you really like driving your car you can't race it ,thats a quote from joe sherman, engine builder from l.a.