Register now to get rid of these ads!

So what the hell did you get done?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 296 V8, Mar 30, 2008.

1. misfit36

misfit36
    from new york

finally yanked the crap motor/tranny out of my F1, degreased front end after front sump oil pan smashed the shit out of my front axle. figured out which holes need to be welded up on my firewall ( looks like a-hole PO shot a .22 at it ), realized tranny crossmember needs to be reinforced and welded. came to the conclusion that i need to learn how to weld.

2. spoony

spoony
    from L.A.

I finally made progress on my 33 ford frame, replaced the front cross member and boxed the front half today! sounds like a little but i've been meaning to get this done a long time ago.

3. Dyce

Dyce

I pulled the heads on My '40 chevy (see avitar). Anybody tells you you can run unleaded fuel without hard seats there right. You can, for a while..... Two valve seats went away. I pulled a set of 441 1.94-1.5 stock heads off.
    Last week I built a set of 441's to stick on. They have hard seats, 1.6-2.02 valves, angle milled .060 and flat milled anouther .020 for a total of .080 (makes the chamber size 66cc), with screw in studs and guide plates. Should pep it up:)...
    I just had UPS deliver roller tiped rockers and Petronics for the distributer so I sould be able to finish it this week. Next project will be Chassis Engineering rear springs.
    Jeff

4. Hot Rodz R Us

Hot Rodz R Us
    Member Emeritus

Started a 2nd stage of cleanup last night, rolled the front end out of the roadster for a rebuild, pulling the motor to paint the firewall and give the motor a fresh coat of paint in the process.......we all do stupid shit when were bored, I wished warm weather would hurry in where it would be time to ride.