Register now to get rid of these ads!

Goin to have dinner with 40StudeDude this afternoon..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocky, Jun 13, 2004.

1. I finally get to meet Roger Jetter. Bill, our resident HAMB Mopar fanatic is hosting a dinner in Onowa, Iowa this evening and Mrs Rocky and I are gonna charge up I-29 about 70 miles to attend. Roger is visiting relatives and attending the local car show up there. His brother, Dan is gonna be there too, along with Roger's famous mint green full custom 57 chevy, which he drives all over the country like it was some kinda regular car...
    Maybe I'll get a few photos of the swar--ayy...supposed to be some good cruisin and there's always the Onowa burn-out contest right on the city streets...to be continued..

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Sounds like a grand ol time. Bill and his lovely wife Gail ALWAYS put on a fine feed..... and their "guest room" ain't too shabby either. I consider it an honor and privledge when they invite me over. I'm thinking Daryle (40) and Mike (MikeJ) might have also gotten an invite as well. If so, your in for a rip roaring nite! Have fun and take lots-o-photos to share. Please tell all I said "hi".

3. Will do, Denise. ........and without further ado, I'm off!

4. Just got back from the wilds of Onowa, Iowa. Mrs Rocky accompanied me to meet up with Moparodder [Bill Hicks] and 40StudeDude [Roger Jetter] to have a little dinner and a B.S. session. We cruised the 70 miles in her daily driver and parked it on the fairgounds.

5. We were late and the awards for the car show had already been given out. I spied Roger's car parked in the grass nearby...............

6. I found them under a canopy, hiding from the sun. Left to right:
    Mrs Rocky, Roger Jetter, Rogers brother, Dan, Moparodder's son, his wife and Moparodder, hisself.

7. Great pics, thank you for sharing. I can't wait til I get to meet Roger one of these years...he is one heck of a nice guy and I enjoy talking to him through emails. That 57 of his is killer!

Greg

8. I saw this 60 Belair with syrupy black paint.........hadda click a photo.........

9. Wish my el-cheapo camera was better....maybe I'll get a new one for Christmas, eh? This 56 Vicky was just screamin 1966 to me....damn camera!

10. Hey, guess who scored "best of show"?

11. While I had my head stuck in Roger's car [where the hell are the door handles and how do ya get the doors open?] I thought I'd click a photo of this...

12. Oooooooooooooo-k, I'll try it again!

13. Uuuuuh, yeah....
    Mrs Rocky insisted she take a photo of us men folk..

14. We went to a local eatery and stuffed ourselves with good food, sat around the table and shot the shit for about 2 hours and split for home.....See ya later, Roger and Dan..

15. moparrodder

moparrodder

Hey Rocky, Thanks for posting the pics!! they were super [​IMG] and a big thank you to you and mrs Rocky for comming up, it was a blast!! I don't think we've had a better time, it was the best!! I don't think we have laughed and had that good of a time in years, even if I didn't get to drive the kids T bucket to the show, I think I'll rename it the roadster from Hell, but we'll get it right sooner or later I hope!! Again thanks for making the day complete!!! Bill [​IMG]

16. Nice picts, glad you had a good time.

Sweet Buick by the way