Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sycamore Cruise Memories

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dino the weirdo, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

The year is 1987, and it's early saturday night at the Sycamore Drive-In, in Bethel,Ct. I ran it from '82 'til about'88. From my photofiles.....more to come

Attached Files:

2. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Can all the old Sycamore Cruisers be Gone ? Who's got any old photos besides me?

3. I used to go once in a while back around the time of that picture. My dad and I would cruise down and have a good time.

I would love to see more of your pics..

4. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Nice Car! did your dad have a car he brought ?

5. tootallrodder

tootallrodder
    Member Emeritus

Dino, Many good memories from the Sycamore Cruise. My son was little, I was Single and My 36 Was Purple. Now my son if all grown up, I've been remarried 25 + years and my 36 is Yellow.

A much better cruise could not be found.

6. olskool53

olskool53
    from CT

I still prefer Sycamore over Marcus on Sat nights! Not as big any more but still a good time! Too bad we lost Coreys!!

7. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

i have'nt been to the sycamore in years, but i think they still have sat. night cruises. i also heard that marcus dairy got sold, and they're done with sat. nights. maybe more of the traditional cars will go back there! lets hope so.

8. olskool53

olskool53
    from CT

Monroe (Bills) On Fri Still a great cruise night!

9. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

the Sycamore is still going on sat nights strong. i went to the last one last year and it was packed. they should be startin up soon

10. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Just found on YouTube....the "New" cruise started in '92. Bogus ! Ya see ...we had a plan. Digger Dave and I set the Show ,then promoted spectators. We'd grid lock in the cars to keep the cars from coming and going ."First one in-last one out". Once we had the cars ...it became THE place to hang out on Sat. nights. Featured in over 17 newspaper articles ,including the New York Times. TV, and magizine storys. Had Tom Mcmullin show up one night, and weekly had cars from 8 states.Patterned after Caiilifornia Cruises and run professionally, with featured dash plaque nights and sponsors. We ran it right, with plenty of planning and organization. Nobody has duplicated it yet.