Register now to get rid of these ads!

this might sound really stupid to you guys but..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by uniqueone, Mar 29, 2008.

1. uniqueone

uniqueone

me and the wife(32 years old) was just in the garage and I was sittin in the 30 A sedan and I realized this car is the oldest thing we have. we have NOTHING this old. i just thought it was cool and wanted to share this with you.

later

chuck

2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

:)

It is OLDER than any car I own ... but not by much. :D

[​IMG]

3. beetlejuice55

beetlejuice55

my 55 is the oldest car i currently own. i did have a 48 chevy a few years back. my 66 triumph is the second oldest motorized thing i own.
    THE oldest thing i own ??
    that would be a china cabinet that was made in the late 1800's. but who cares about that...it doesn't have a motor.

4. Ornery37

Ornery37
    from Texas

The oldest car for me is a 26 coupe and sedan, but not running yet so may not count.
    Next is my 37 chevy pu. And I get weird looks from people that I tell them that the 37 is my daily.

the newest is my 97 diesel. And it is just used for towing.

5. The only thing stupid about that is your thinking you own the car. It owns you.

I have golf clubs that are 125 years old, lots of arrowheads I found as a kid, and my knees feel like they are around a hundred. The oldest thing I own is a Roman coin.

6. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

My friends that helped me build my truck are all older than the truck and me.
    I tell em if they drove thru D.C.,the people at the Smithsonian would come after them and try to get them stationed inside the Antiques Americana exhibit?
    Haa haa

Hope they're all around for a lotta more years too.
    Good friends...

7. Gerg

Gerg

my house is 115 years old but i have bicycles from the 30's so they beat out my 53 chevy

8. rixrex

rixrex

maintaining something from 1930 that still functions is an achievement, cool, you should be proud..I am slowly putting back together a disassembled log cabin that was originally built in 1790..oldest car I own is 39 Chevy...

9. 2-TONED

2-TONED

OLD is good!
    ---- that model A is just the beginning - get some more old stuff! :D

10. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I carry my great grandfathers Hamilton pocket-watch everyday. He had it engraved in 1881.

11. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Yes, aren't we just the caretakers? That Roman coin is it dated 500 B.C.?:eek I think it would be easier to list the new stuff,I'm a hell of a caretaker! Oldest Vehicle a light spring wagon, oldest car '26 Chevy roadster just the body but it's a beaut! You'll see it one of these days. :)

12. 31hotrodsedan man

31hotrodsedan man

id have to say my 31 is the oldest thing i own, after that its some hot rod magazines from the 60's and my grandfathers lifetime membership card to a library he built.

13. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

my house and my car were both built in 1951 and i have a 49 in the shop and the wife is a 1953 model..............

14. 61bone

61bone

That would have to be a fossil shark tooth 4" long from a Megalodon. 100-200 million years old.:)

15. I have 500 shares of Tarbox Mining Company stock. It's dated March 23, 1912.

I think I'll sell it and buy a White Castle. :)

16. johndanger

johndanger

rocks are very old , and they are free there are some outside , I have some pre historic fossils that my dad and I dug up, other than that I have letters from my great great grandfather from the 1840s when he left his girlfriend and family in Vermont during the goldrush . Some uniforms , clothes , tools and car parts from the teens and the oldest car is a 28 AR roadster.

17. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

'26 T roadster for me as far as cars go. I've got my grandfathers pocket knife that he carried when he was 8years old (1908). The dirt that my house is built on is a little older but I've got no date to prove it.:rolleyes::)

Frank

18. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

I always think of those things and I wonder where the car has been in it whole life and the adventure's people have gone on in the car. I also have a running number of the oldest car I have driven.

19. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

when i was 19 I had a 55 chevy 2 door hrd top.
    the oldest car now is my 65 impala , born the same year as me.

20. fuzzface

fuzzface

The oldest car is a 1909 model t that should be back together in a week or two.(blew radiator last season), then a 1928 model a that is torn apart in shop, then a 1930 studebaker that won't stop(needs brake work), then a 1941 cadillac driver, then a 1948 packard hearse that is also all torn apart in shop, then a bunch of 50's and 60's stuff in the storage shed waiting their turn.

other older objects would be a wood camera from either1896 or 1898 and a cat and ball double barrel pistol that I don't remember the year off the top of my head. oldest house is one from 1842 . Wife is a fifties vintage but my favorite toy. oops the wife didn't like me telling her age but said I was kissing ass about the favorite toy part.

21. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

I've got a handfull of Civil war (and older)era silver dollars my grandfather had left me. Pretty rad. Other than that, my car was built in '48 and my house was built in '43. Some kind of a trend going on here.

22. HotRodPaint.com

HotRodPaint.com

You can buy a trilobyte fossil, like I did, for a couple bucks, and it will be 250 million to over 500 million years old. :) ....or you can have the "old lady"...

23. hoarder1212

hoarder1212

My oldest car is a 55 then a 57and after that some 90's junk,house is a 56 and I've got a kitchen cabinet that has been in my family since the late 1800's.

24. McGrath

McGrath

Oldest thing I own is a 1936 Westinghouse Radio. My Great Grandparents listened to news of WWII on it while two of their sons (my Grandpa was one of them) were overseas fighting.

It was a beautiful piece of furniture at one time. Curly Maple trimmed with Walnut, and a deep gold colored cloth speaker grille. Stands about 4 feet tall. I'll get around to refinishing/restoring it one of these days.

The insulation on the wiring is cracked pretty badly, but it does still work. The "radio" part, with all the tubes and other hardware weighs around 50 pounds...

25. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

I love old stuff. Got all kinds of it too, dating back to the Roman Empire (mostly coins). Our house was built in 1910, 17 years before our '27 Essex was driven off the assembly line. :)

26. man i love old cars!as soon as my kid graduates high school,i am loosing my daily(03 trail blazer) and getting a mid 60s -early 70s chevy truck!my wife can have the "comfortable"car