Register now to get rid of these ads!

against the law?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by e z i, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeithDyer

KeithDyer

I think there is something in the American Racing catalog about problems you can / will experience with the Large Diameter Crack Rims.

The other day, my son-in-law tagged a rock or chunk of asphalt in the road and suffered what they term "rapid loss of air" when the offending object mashed the tire up into the flat part of the rim and broke the aluminum. Cheap late model Mercedes OEM stuff.

If you like 'em, screw us!! They be fine!! What do we know??

K

2. Dueceburnout

Dueceburnout

wheels aside WHY lose the shinny paint? it looks good? who cares what wheels you have go with what you like. just don't tell me your painting it flat cuz that the cool thing to do.

3. theunforguven

theunforguven
    from U.K.

4. i would loose the wheels,looks good with the www and caps

5. Truckedup

Truckedup

I prefer blackwalls on painted rims with no wheel covers. Bottom line,it's your car,build it to your tastes and enjoy the ride.

6. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I have to respect that...you are one up on me...:eek:

7. Dirk35

Dirk35

Are you retarded? Dont take the shiney paint off unless you actually have a reason to. The paint looks great. I agree the rims dont fit the style of this board, but, personally, I like them. I just know better than to post stuff like that.

For the paint, refer to this thread:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253287&showall=1

8. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

I'm with Dirk on the paint, primer does not equal traditional, and tradtional is not making a nice car look like dog shit.
    As for the wheels 5 spokes 15 inchers with blackwalls would look cool.

9. I wasn't going to say anything but now I don't have to

10. Old Gold

Old Gold

I don't think anybody on here ponied up the cash for your ride, so do what you like.

11. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I sold my biscayne to my neighbor. It had steel wheels with caps and beauty rings. He put billet wheels on it. Everyone I know saids he ruined the car. I tell them, "It's his car now, he can do anything he wants."

12. coopdevill65

coopdevill65
    from tac ,wa

that thing looks cool with the hucaps on it! put them back on and drive the piss out of it! i get a lot of grief cause my car aint all the way traditional but i like it , i built it, and i drive it![​IMG]

13. BOBBY FORD

BOBBY FORD

Like the old song says,"it's your thing, do watcha wana do. I can't tell you who to sock it to" If you were looking for opinions you certainly got em. Most traditional hot rods at a regular car show wouldn't get a second look. Most people today that like old cars like to see them a little updated in the way of wheels and tire combos as well as engines and transmissions. I also think that it is a good idea to upgrade to disk brakes so you can stop the damn thing. I like traditional hot rods and customs. Don't get me wrong here but I also agree with some that it can be taken a little too far. Your car looks good. Do whatcha wanna do. Just my $0.02

14. BOBBY FORD

BOBBY FORD

That statement and $1.00 will get me a cup of coffee and probably a rash of poop from a lot of guys on the HAMB.

15. roddinron

roddinron

Caps and www's look MUCH better, but if you're gonna run those wheels, it's gonna get expensive, gotta rip out that interior and go with some tweed buckets, and one of those fancy billet steering wheels.:rolleyes:

16. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

The hub caps look great. I want to see the "dicks" brakes.;)

17. TexasDart

TexasDart

I like that type of wheel but they are probably too big and I like the second shot better...but use 'disk' brakes instead.

18. e z i

e z i

maybe semi-retarded. heres the deal on the paint. i paid good money to get that car shiney. i mean GOOD money. the car gets flat bedded back from the "painter" and it looks like shit. so i call the guy up and tell him he needs to fix it. he says he's spent enough time on it, and he won't spend any more. everyday i'm up his ass about it. then one day his shop is closed. he's moved out of state, no forwarding address...i'm so fucking mad at this point, that the car is either going in primer, or i'm dragging it out in the drive way and torching it. i think it will be primer. no, i don't need to be trendy. i've had cars in primer before there was primer. as for the wheels, i still value other peoples opinions, hence my query on the wheels. yea, i'm gunna put the trim back on it, and no, i won't leave the rusty brake drums on it. i like what i like, just like everyone here.

19. Jim Beam

Jim Beam
    from St. George

What do you mean, the shiny paint is coming off? are seriously going to paint some flat color? do you think that is an improvement?

20. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

Dude sell that car the way it is (preferably with the billet wheels) and start over...

You're pissed cause the paint isn't the way you want it and you have no recourse for the money you spent, so you're gonna throw a tantrum and fuck it up on principle...

You still won't be happy with the car.

So sell it and be done with it... Someone will think it's worth every penny you spent on it...

As for the rest of this thread, either this thread is chock-full of people who don't get what the HAMB is all about... Or I don't... I really can't see it any other way...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.