Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm guna piss everyone off with this build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 63dan63, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

Speaking of piss, the only piss involved with this build would be the piss from the beer we drank while talking about how you did it all. You're paying for it build it the way you want.

A true compliment in this neck of the southern woods would be "I'd be seen in that".

That sir is quite the compliment around here. Enjoy your build.:)

2. twofosho

twofosho

A 265 and a four speed IS pretty traditional for a late 50s early 60s hot rod. Of course, it needs eight exhaust ports in a 55 or 6 SBC block and a clutch in front of a T10.

If you use 60 grit on a 9 inch high speed body sander, it will give you that perfect surface for the first layer of rust to imitate just being hauled out of the nearest desert arroyo.
    All and all, it should be pretty easy to fit in with the rest of the Goth meets the 50s crowd, even if the body's not dragging on the ground, if you don't forget to run zoomie pipes with no mufflers, baffles, or exhaust system, and make sure the shifter ball is at least eye level. Remember though, it won't be finished until you punch a few fake bullet holes in it to go with the rot. Or you could just trade me for my rotted out about the same Sport Coupe body, it's already got the bullet holes and they're NOT fake.

Just kidding!

3. fordorford

fordorford

OH, you're going to have to do a lot more than that to piss off everyone!!!

That is going to be a nice driver.

Bob

4. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Get a handle on where you are before you run your mouth.... When you signed up you were directed to Read This First! Had you read it you would have seen that is the first line in there. Not me but the owner of the site... Now get over yourself already...

5. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

6+ pages of this BS,,,,???

makes the "are 4 doors cool?",,and "what's it worth?" posts sound interesting

6. injectedA

injectedA

Go for it! actually I am hoping you have completed wtf you’re doing there and can still see us…I am also hoping you’re not the one pissed because one of those little wires flies off of your wheel and imbeds in your eye. Because we wear glasses doesn’t mean it won’t happen, it means when.

One night while wire wheeling at the vice a friend was like wtf is that noise? heard over the music. It was the wires flying into the insulation on the garage door. Hundred’s. I just leave them :)

I am sure there is a law applied to physics that will show while we four eyed fuckers are wearing our second eyes and feeling safety in doing so the probability is much higher for the projection of an object spinning at high rpm’s when finally released is going to contact our iris.

7. Elrusto

Elrusto

I've been gathering shit for the past three years to build something to piss people off.

TEXAS STYLE BABY !!!!!!

8. greasel

greasel
    from Fresno, CA

you better not leave that 4.3 stock, those things are choked down like crazy and there are just too many parts available for them to leave 'em alone.

is it a hot rod or not...well, it's gonna be faster and run better than stock, right? and you'll be able to routinely drive it. I think the bare metal is a dumb idea, personally I'd put paint on it for the sake of keeping that old of a steel body intact a little longer; but that's the beauty of being able to do whatever the hell you want. as long as it's faster and you enjoy it...

9. Henry Floored

Henry Floored

I wanna know how you thought of sticking a chevy engine in yer Ford? Now that's some uncommon thinking.

10. Elrusto

Elrusto

The year 2008, some guys on message board talking............
    ........A 4.3 V-6 in a Model A? What a fag, who would do that?

The year 1948, some guys sittin' around a garage talking.........
    .............A V-8 in a Model T? What a fag, who would do that?

This traditionalism that we mock, wasn't it about utilizing the latest and greatest technology to make our cars go (and stop)?
    The car is still a Model A, it still has wire wheels, its still buggy sprung. The nod towards traditionalism is still there, just a different interperatation.
    The bare metal is not for me, but how many cars have came and gone on the HAMB that were bare metal? I can thnk of a few that I'm amazed aren't rusted into the ground from people drooooling all over them.

11. Jaker

Jaker

By that explanation it makes it sound as if s-10's with whitewalls, or 1968 flat black mercury cougars belong on the board...

12. Elrusto

Elrusto

I know they dont and you know they dont, but we both know they're out there.

13. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

hey, that's what its all about! looks like a fun ride!

14. Mooosman

Mooosman

With gas creeping up to $4 a gallon, I wouldn't hesitate to run the 4.3L either! They are strong little motors, and with the overdrive trans, it'll make a great cruiser.

Build what you like. That's what this hobby is about. Don't even think about what others think.

Nick:D

15. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

16. Elvisaurusrex

Elvisaurusrex

I love the stance on this.
    Channeling is bitchin', but sometimes it can't have it's ass on the ground.

17. toddc

toddc

Its just paint:confused::confused::confused: Just cause its bare metal now doesn't mean its going to be for ever. Things change. Its probably been painted a dozen times in its life already, and is likely to be painted a dozen times again.

And its in Texas, not the dead sea. Wipe it over with trans fluid and it'll be good for years.

18. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

i would use a mask so you can at least live long enough to see all the people you piss off.

19. The fact that you have a Cubs hat on tells me all I need to hear. NO FUCKING TASTE!!!! Have fun with your Not Rod looser Cub fan!

20. T-Bone

T-Bone

What the fuck is it with this "build it to piss people off" crowd?? Usually followed in the same breathe with "I don't give a fuck what other people think"...er...obviously you do. I hadn't realized so many people had such an infantile need to seek their validation (negative or positive) from others. Weird

Do you assholes even bother to read the rules before you sign on?

I've been noticing a higher than normal percentage of mouth-breathing, prominent-frontal-lobe knuckledraggers in the hotrod community (and the HAMB) lately..hopefully this fad will pass soon before all the nice vintage tin has been destroyed by these idjits.....

21. P.S. If you are not actualy cubs fan, take off that stupid hat and get back to work.

22. kenbo

kenbo
    from Texas

Old Fords have been thru hell. The have seen dirt tracks of the forties,the hotdders of the fifties and sixties. Got a little rest in the seventies and then came the eighties and woke them up to prep the for the butchers of the ninties. The survivers came out of the ninties with a sigh of relief and along comes the rat rodder. For no reason at all he wants to strip the protective coating(paint) of his prized possession and laugh his ass off while he watches it rust.

23. OrangeCrushin

OrangeCrushin
    from Austin, TX

Why yes, read the thing a few days back. Not even alone in my opinion:

To each his own..

24. aerorocket

aerorocket
    from N.E. P.A.

Cheaterjack, Zman, Kuystom 7777, T Bone and a few others know what the hell there talking about, the rest should take up quilting.