Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Friday Art Show - Lonestar Style

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toyghoul

Toyghoul
    from SPOKANE

and a Hubcap. [​IMG]

2. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

been going through withdrawl....havent been on the hamb in almost a month and just got my internet hooked up finally. Bought a new computer and re-worked an older piece, how you guys like it.
    ***open the new window in full for best quality***

Norwell you are the man

Attached Files:

3. chad lampert

chad lampert
    from Michigan

51chevart.zip:~create 51chevart.zip

Attached Files:

4. ANewBeat

ANewBeat
    from Floriduh

What can I say but DAMN! Norwell thanks for the Franco loot. Your stuff is awe inspiring as well. Zombie, WOW! Lowcab, I think I am in love with you. I need to get of my ass and push a brush.

5. Da Flash

Da Flash

I really like your art, do you have a web page with prices etc. Plus your prices for an original art of my car.
    regards
    Da Flash

6. stinsonart

stinsonart

Great show so far! Welcome aboard to Chad Lambert! Looks like you got it right to me! Great piece. Here's a crappy pic of the rod that'll prob'ly be on one of my '08 Woodward Ave. Cruise T-shirts.

Attached Files:

7. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Chad...there is no "right" way here..it's YOUR way...and I like it...

Here's a pen and ink I did for Nate's "contest"...

R-

[​IMG]

8. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

stinsonart if you get that on t-shirts for woodward im buyig one!

9. stinsonart

stinsonart

Thanks, bro! I'm sure it will be, with a little tweaking here and there. Thanks for the kind words!

Bill

10. Though you wouldn't know it...DEL has been around for quite awhile.....He will never blow his own horn, but Del has to be the most gifted and Humble artist I've ever had the pleasure of knowing....He is truly amazing, and is gracious enough to not be aware of it....Class act....He would be a welcome addition ......Sandpiper

11. mcload

mcload

Damn!! The talent on this forum blows me away...y'all are GOOD!

P
    ===============

12. Huzzah huzzah...

13. timebombkustoms

timebombkustoms
    from Indiana

Great show this week and I cant wait for the round up,speaking of the round up I got this done last night for the show.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Jeff Norwell = Ruler/ Hero/ Artistic God. Thankyou and more power to your arm Sir.

A few pictures from Wheels Day, last Friday over here in the U.K.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. crashbox

crashbox

Ryan,
    I know the feeling one gets when a well respected artist does a rendering of yourself. It feels pretty good. Mine was a big surprise. (From the art show Oct 18,19) Here's my story.
    Last fall Tardel had his open house the Friday before the Revolution show, so after work I drove over to check things out. The Hot Rod Ranch is like Dream Land. A couple weeks later I go down to my pals place in the Frisco suburbs, do Sunday donuts, check out in progress projects, etc. My buddy Mike has his laptop on the workbench. "Have you seen the art show on the HAMB this week?" I reply "no, not yet". I start crawling around a '34 pick-up cab Mike is working on, not paying any attention to the computer. "you've got the same look." Mike has a big smile on his face and points to the computer. There was a nice drawing of a guy loking at a 32 roadster at Tardels and the fellow in the picture looks lost in thought. I say something like "Oh, that's at Tardels." Mike says "look closer".
    I look. It dawns on me that I'm looking at...Me! "Do I really look like that?" I stammered, "Yes you do, and Norwell nailed it. He got you, the way you study stuff you like. That guy is very good."
    I was thunderstruck, I had no idea. I saw a couple of guys with 35mm cameras, but I didn't see anybody there with a scetch pad.
    When I got home I called my wife who was visiting her mom in Illinois and told her. She gets on the HAMB with her 80 year old mother, they scroll through the monster art, (Oh Gawd) they find it, E-mail it to all my relatives, my mailbox starts getting busy with attachments of "The Picture". "It looks just like you" thay all tell me, "you've got The Look".
    So, I'll be at the Revolution this Septmber. I'll be the guy studying the cars.
    Tom West

16. dgang26

dgang26

Great work guys -- VERY impressive work !

17. rootbrothers spl.

rootbrothers spl.
    from indiana

heres a couple me and my brother did for this weeks show geat stuff guys keep it coming:D

Attached Files:

18. My drawing efforts literally stopped in their tracks the first day I saw Del Swansons work....I had been drawing cars for about 40 years at that time....My personal Thanks to Del, Jeff. Steve and every one of your other talented guys here at the HAMB. As much as I love the cars here, and I sure do love them, the Art is my favorite place to play...I actually scan the Boards everyday looking for new "stuff".....This place rocks, and no matter what your art is...somebody here is diggin' it....Thanks to all for sharing it.....Sandpiper

19. mayej

mayej
    from Tok, AK

Since my fiance' lives in Austin and I am soon moving there, I will definitely make this years...as opposed to missing last years...ugh.
    [​IMG]
    Fishtank
    (And yes, this is a photoshop pic. Great way to test ideas on your ride before you spend the money)

20. bigeasy

bigeasy

This might be the wrong place for this, so I'll excuse myself now...
    I'll throw this sketch up, it is a first draft:
    [​IMG]
    I firmed it up, second draft:
    [​IMG]
    For this...the seat on my '63 Pan chopper
    [​IMG]

21. Taken Friday before Billetproof, my old 2 megapixel Kodak finally took a dump Saturday AM, so these are the last pics taken with it, doctored them up in Photoshop a little.

Gator's car is very photogenic...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Thank's everyone! This is great, I look forward to it every week. Someday.........

23. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I miss my friends.

24. Del does some NICE stuff.
    Had the pleasure of seeing his work at the
    International Letterheads Meet there a few years ago.

25. Fowler5

Fowler5
    from Georgia

I know I kind of popped on this forum but I've been intimidated by the work produced here. This site is great and there are some talented people here. You guys challenge my ability for different culture of art work. If you look at my web site you'll see what I mean, just a different style. Thanks for a challenge.
    I missed the Lowrider Art Challenge deadline last week this would have been my entry.
    Thanks, Dale

Attached Files:

26. I think you're lost,dude! Talk about out of place....

27. Great shot though.

28. Slide

Slide

Awesome show, everyone!

Here's another recent shop logo I did for a HAMBer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

no shit...hey guys, how come none of us ever thought of that before?? ;)

30. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

You really can't come up with words for all the talent flyin' round here!
    Gees...5 pages on Thursday...Love it!:)

Its great to see all the new posters!

Norwell...Simply amazing!

GaryC I like your quick, loose drawings, also I got your art print and it is totally awesome! Its going to the frame shop tomorrow!

I finally got my pen pad and was just screwing around with a background.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.