Register now to get rid of these ads!

SE Pennsylvania HAMB and eggs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HomemadeHardtop57, Feb 29, 2008.

1. gas pumper

gas pumper

Just looked at the Yuengling site, and the Satrurday tours don't start til next week.
    Sent them an email, and they confirmed, no tours this Saturday:mad:

I'm still riding out, Another fat old guy in an old car:)

Frank

2. LongT

LongT

Weather looks good as of today. I plan on being there. Another middle aged fat guy in a T bucket.

Bill

3. well guys looks like good weather for saturday! im stoked to meet all you cats,

4. lulabelle

lulabelle

I can't make it.Family stuff to do....Have fun everyone!

5. Looks like weather should clear OK, and aren't we ALL middle aged by now :D. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

HotrodSurfer, did you get a ride or are you driving up in your family-mobile?

6. novadude

novadude

Bah! Was looking forward to the tour! Was gonna bring the wife as she wanted to see the brewery. If the tour is off, this might be a good reason to leave her home. ;) :D

7. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

Hahahahaha..

Yeah, looks like the weather will be reasonable. Since the brewery won't be giving tours on Sat. I'm going to look into another option which could be possible after eating. A friend of mine, Eli Horst , operates a small hot rod shop not too far from where we will be meeting. Several of the cars he has built have been featured in Rod and Kulture. For those of your that were at the Jalopies this past year, Eli was the guy who had the grey "tractor rod"...the roadster with the tractor grill and hood with the blown flathead...what a car!
    I'll give him a call to see if he'd be alright with us stoppin by.

Jerry
    Homemadehardtop57

8. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

P.S. Eli's shop is not far from the Pa turnpike entrance for those of you that might be taking it on the way back home so it might work out

9. i will be in my daily(04 trail blazer) my truck has 4.86 gears
    would take me forever to get there,so ill will leave it home this time

10. Who else is going to the Maple Grove swap afterwards? I know I'm hitting that shit up, even tho it'll be late in the day, figure it's a good way to kill the rest of the day for only 5 bucks.

11. Spitfire1776

Spitfire1776
    from York, PA

I believe its in Trexlertown along 222, mid-way between Reading and A-town theres is a cool old diner, that would be great for a meet up.

In Ephrata PA, the first Sunday of every month there is a motorcycle breakfast at the American Legion, and it has an astounding turn out. Be a great place for a meet up as well, we actually usually get breakfast across the street and meander to the Legion.

12. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

This sounds good to me. I'm still not sure if I can make the trip at all yet, but I thought if I do, I might kill two birds with one stone.

13. 5window

5window

So. who's up for name tags and,or a sign in log so we have everyone accounted for?

14. 5window

5window

Who has info on the Maple Grove Swap meet? Map, admission info,times, website??

15. skidsteer

skidsteer

Maple Grove swap meet opens at 8am. I believe it's Green Hills exit off I-176, going south from Reading, then follow signs. If anybody wants to caravan/carpool from Scranton/W-B area, I have room, but am going to Maple Grove before Cabelas.

16. 5window

5window

Is it at the Maple Grove raceway?

17. Just came across this...little late. Keep me posted if something is happening in NJ or close to it. Real busy right now, but I'd like to meet up for sure.

I did a Hamb meet a year or two ago, it was fun.

18. AstroMonkey

AstroMonkey

I've been laxed about keepin up with what's going on at the HAMB. Glad I caught this post though. Baring any major problems I should be there.

If any of the Jersey and Philly area people decide to do something I'd be down for that as well. I'm closer to Philly than I am Cabelas.

Since this is about the SE PA HAMB'ers I'll take a quick moment to pimp this year's AstroMonkey BBQ as well. It's June 28th at the Railroad Bar & Grill in Linfield/Limerick PA. We had a pretty good turn out last year, but this year will be the first time we're having it hosted at a bar so I'm hoping to get all the area people to come out.

All the details are on the MySpace: [FONT=Georgia,]http://www.myspace.com/astromonkeybbq

[/FONT]

19. i like the sing in sheet idea i can whipp one up on the computer

20. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

The Pretzel City (Reading) Rod & Custom club is having their annual mall car show at the Bekshire Mall this weekend. From Cabelas, it would be south 15-18 miles on Rt 61, then west on Rt 12, which turns into Rt 422 West about 2 miles. Usually about 18-20 cars.

21. skidsteer

skidsteer

5window,
    that's right, the swap meet is at the Maple Grove Raceway.

22. <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100&#37;" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">
    DD and 73 RL,
    We should definitely do a get together in NJ. I'm near Newark Airport, but any place in NJ works for me.
    Thoughts????
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

23. fleetside66

fleetside66

We don't need no stinkin' brewery..The Pretzel City show, a possible tour of a hot rod shop..the Maple Grove swap meet...I think, I'm gonna hyperventilate..this is too much after being cooped up all winter!!

24. novadude

novadude

A junkyard tour would be fun sometime! :)

25. ya know yous guys SUCK!!! i have to eat and run to be at a stinkin birthday party! and you guys are talking swap meets,cruises ,junk yards,have a little mercy on me!!! oh yea i made up a sign in sheet to

26. skidsteer

skidsteer

maplegroveraceway.com
    That site should also have directions.

27. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

28. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

I'll be at maple grove in the a.m. Things get rolling pretty early there..around 7:30ish..then it's off to Cabelas. Hopefully I won't have spent all my $$ on parts I don't really need.

29. novadude

novadude

Haha... that is why I am planning to avoid Maple Grove! Seems to happen too easily! ;):D

30. i will see you cats tomorrow