Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm guna piss everyone off with this build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 63dan63, Mar 25, 2008.

1. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

I'm finding a small amount of swiss cheese in the normal spots. Not enough to do patch panels. How would you fill these holes?

oh shit, that things a real rust bucket, better come take it off yer hands! :D really though, i would just put a swipe of ALL METAL body filler over the rust spots, because it dries SILVER and you would never notice it down there. just my .02

2. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

If you're running bare metal the "swiss cheese" holes will eventually get big enough for real patch panels so I wouldn't worry about it.

Looks like a fun car, I like fun.

3. Not pissed. Try harder.

4. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

doesnt piss me off either>> i dont have to look at the damn thing..
    Dave

5. COS

COS
    from KCMO

MARK IT A ZERO SMOKEY!! LOL I was going to post the same thing!!

Cool car man build it the way you want!!

-COS

6. Just pissed me off because your not done yet...hurry!
    Keep us posted!!

7. AD

AD

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! FUKIN JOHN GOODMAN! LOL, fuck thats funny

8. 8flat

8flat

What some people don't realize, is that even though the holes are small, the metal in that whole area is pretty thin, rusted from the back side. Because of this, it will usually be tough to only weld up the little pinholes because the metal is so thin around that area. I'd cut it all out, then you don't have to worry about any future problems. The car is worth the effort.:)

9. ray

ray
    from colorado

i'm with da zeeman. i don't get the bare metal thing. it looks like you made it the first week of auto body school and dropped out. i can appreciate a bare metal body when there's been lots of metalwork done to get it to the state it's in. but to strip the paint off for no other reason than "the look"? whatever floats your boat i guess. i dig the whole concept of the car...with the faded cracked old paint. you just turned a fun low maintenance driver into a high maintenance fairground cruiser IMHO.

on the ladder bars, you could have flipped the axle brackets to tuck the bars up higher being you are running a very high ride height. looks like plenty of clearance.

i'm cool with the 4.3. they can really romp. it should vaporize those skinny tires. plenty of speed parts for em too. if it were me, i'd go all out and disguise the engine as a period motor, maybe even (gasp!) a set of fauxmobile valve covers cut down to fit.

10. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

You mean to tell me you robbed a perfectly good S10 and created this.......sweet coupe? good goin! I like the ladder bars too!

11. JAWS

JAWS

Well then, I guess I will be pissed, since no one else is and I want to be different just like everyone else does.:D

12. just use some foil tape and scuff it with a red pad. :D

13. 28 chevy

28 chevy
    from NE Pa

The right Wire brush takes LESS time and seems to be easier in the tin!

I Like!!
    Jim

14. stillkruzn

stillkruzn
    from Conway, AR

I like... keep us posted...

15. inkundone

inkundone

personally i think all you need is a Milwaukee Brewers hat instead of that awful Cubs one.

16. Terry

Terry

Blue? OK if your seeing blue .... what color would your hat be? =)

17. I think it's midnight blue, and I would've left it. And, to make this more controversial- baseball sucks.

Thanks,
    Kurt

18. 2-TONED

2-TONED

if you wernt such a BIG MEAN LOOKIN MUTHA-FOOOOCKER in the pics over half these guys that posted would be callin you a DUMB-MUTHAFOOOOOCKER!!! & yes they are pissed off! :D

i like it! do what ya gotta man! i dont give a sh!t what anyone else thinks either.

19. easyrider47

easyrider47

I'd save a little work though and use aircraft stripper and a putty knife, and then use your wire wheel to get the small stuff. I just stripped my 29 roadster to the bare metal, although I'm going to paint it. The aircraft stripper worked great.

20. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

Dan, I can see you are making some good progress. Somehow you have got this forum popping. Mmmm,Mmmm :D:eek::D Looks like you are gonna make the Roundup for sure.:rolleyes:

21. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

wow... where do i start...

first off, i hate to bust your bubble but, your car dont piss me off, it just leaves me scratching my head and thinking "WTF, Over?", so if that was your true goal? congrats.

those doors are going to need patch panels, period. but if you're leaving it in bare metal, they'll look like those do now in 5 years so dont bother with repair and just use the suggested foil tape and brillo pad.

22. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

someones gotta do it...

23. I'll be cussin' your V6 when you pass me by at the gas station. ;)

Little engines are gonna be the new thing, the way fuel prices are going.

24. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Nothing about it pisses me off. But I did get a scare when I opened up the post. I thought someone had dug up Boyd Codington!

25. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

So this is how Texas rolls?........Littleman

26. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

I like the engine trans combo, you should be able to cruise that all day long. Go for it, different is good.

Jon

27. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

oh FUCK thats hysterical :D

28. its all really kool in my book. any time you can do something to make people look a nd think thats what its all about......now about that cubbies cap............

29. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

30. duwty

duwty

careful not to warp the hell out of the panels with that wire wheel