Register now to get rid of these ads!

rear end what to doooo need the braniacs here

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 65 impala, Mar 25, 2008.

1. 65 impala

65 impala

got 28 tudoor channeled 5 inch the prob is with 9 inch pinion is of center so diff is longer on drivers side need about 65 inch drum to drum to have sufficient room between tire and body the prob is noone seems to have jig long enough to change axle tubes to even it out for me and if i do get the housing modified i would need an axle 34 incheslong on pass side strange engineering does not carry anything that long ???????? im gonna be putting some good power to the gound at track so i got to go with 35 spline 31 not strong enough really dont want to mini tub her want to keep that open wheel look what you guys do to keep tire spacing even on both sides on even say a not so high hp power application i could never live with a diff thats 2 inch longer on drivers side could you? terry from the great white north

2. 65 impala

65 impala

and if i guy were to mini tub how much clearace would be needed between the top of the tire and fender the issues are cornering and the slicks growing in size in upward manner come on stil no help???? where are the gurus terry from the great white north:D

3. Tin Can

Tin Can

I have a 9" in mine with an offset pinnion. Of course i am not putting that much power to the pavement either. As far as clearance to the top of the tire for a mini tub it all depends on what kind of susspension setup you have and how stiff you are running it.

4. 65 impala

65 impala

thanks kustom kulture but still need more facts where are the gurus of info??????:confused:

5. BOHICA

BOHICA

First of all, it would help to understand your predicament if you put periods in between your sentences. ;) Sounds to me like the easiest thing to do would be to go with a 12 bolt.

6. slam49

slam49
    from tulsa ok

moser can prolly make you any axle you want

7. slam49

slam49
    from tulsa ok

8. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

ive got into this .dutchman and moser can make a axle that long

9. rodknocker

rodknocker

10. If your 9" axle tubes have different lengths your pinion is actually centered. One axle will be long and the other will be short. You can widen your rear end by locating another long axle and a section of matching axle tube with the brake flange. The difference in length between the old axle and the new axle is the amount of with that you will get by cutting off the old brake flange and welding on a stub from the doner. And when you are done the pinion will be off center.

11. 65 impala

65 impala

thanks for the info, guys almost got everything awnserd. still a few issues! keep the info coming.