Register now to get rid of these ads!

POOR BOYS at Billetproof

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gator, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Gator

Gator

Got in from Florida about 6 p.m. last night after a 12 hour drive.

We had one Hell of a good time in Ocala - got to see some old friends and made some new ones including Alan and the Missus - good folks in my opinion and I'm glad the show was so succesful.

Here are a few of the pics I took - I don't want to make this another 'Billetproof picture thread' these are just pics of the PoorBoys and the pre-party.

The group grope - Bruce and Jay from Sacto were excited about getting "all the chapters" in one pic - we realized later the Detroit guys were across the street eating lunch when they announced it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dave (rooster's hot rods) had to tweak (hotrod mike) Mike's 39 a little - this was pretty much the first time out for it.

[​IMG]

We got to the museum Friday morning for a pre-show breifing. I found the Detroit guys drinking beer in the hotel parking lot and missed the whole thing.

[​IMG]

My Caddy and Glenns wicked little sedan:

[​IMG]

The pre-party at the No-Where bar was a lot of fun, and would have made a nice car show on it's own.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Glenn (ahotrod) was extremely excited when he noticed top fuel crew cheif Dick LaHaie was there.

[​IMG]

I stayed pretty busy at the show striping some of the PoorBoys' stuff.

Rogers' new Triumph:

[​IMG]

Glenns' coupe:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Arts' original Hot Rod:

[​IMG]

BIG Mike's 46:

[​IMG]

2. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

you were a busy guy... damn... looking great too!

3. Gator

Gator

Jason and Joe came down in Jason's T, it was in the low 30's when they left Tennessee.

[​IMG]

I think this car was rebuilt at PoorBoys Ted's shop:

[​IMG]

Roger's wagon:

[​IMG]

Arts' 'original' hot rod, still just like it was built 50 years ago:

[​IMG]

Big Mike's (4T64rd) 46 and 'Green Stink'

[​IMG]

Phillip's 53 Ford in progress - first road trip down from TN.

[​IMG]

Wille's A

[​IMG]

Hotrod Mike's 39:

[​IMG]

(rooster's hot rods) Dave's A.

[​IMG]

Glenns Lime Squeezer:

[​IMG]

Jasons' T driven down from TN.

[​IMG]

Glenns coupe:

[​IMG]

My Caddy, first road trip since we rebuilt it this winter. I replaced the TH400 with a 700R4 and bumped my mileage from 13 mpg to 16-17, so I only had to spend $300 on gas this trip. :rolleyes: It was worth every penny though!

[​IMG]

Skips' Merc.

[​IMG]

Roger's blown-hemi powered Ford:

[​IMG]

Ted's Chicken Salad:

[​IMG]

I can't take credit for the last few pics, I borrowed them from another picture hosting site - I'll give props when I remember who took 'em.

4. PsychoBandito

PsychoBandito
    from Montreal

you sir, own the most beautiful caddy i have ever laid eyes on.

5. Great coverage. Thanks.

6. hatch

hatch
    from house

Cool pics...but that beautiful gray coupe is a 39....the absolutely positively most perfect design Henry Ford ever put together....lovin it!!! my favorite at the show.

7. old kid

old kid
    Member Emeritus
    from middle ga

gator,
    i passed you guys early sunday morning in gainsville i think, on the way home. i was thinking about how long it would be before i got home to ga, and then remembered that you guys had four more hours after i got home. hope you had a good trip.
    dan
    p.s. i was in the black 32 sedan

8. evilone0528

evilone0528

Any more pics of the green A?

9. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Well, gee....Thanks! I agree with you. I love 'the '39 body style even more than the '40. Mike

10. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Hey it was great meeting a few of of you guys you did a excellent job. I kept waiting for you guys to come by the booth ane let me shoot you club picture for you..................I guess you might have been just a little busy lol

11. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

sweet pics gator..it was great spending time together,thanks for pulling some cool lines on my dash...dave

12. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Gator, it was great to see ya again and Pam and Connie seemed to have a ball together. Those are great pics. Now, I'm thinkin' I shoulda' got you to stripe something on my car. :( Maybe next year. In any case, thanks for coming down again and that Caddie is just tits! Mike

13. Gator

Gator

YTou're absolutely right, sorry!

Yeah, I remember that - you were rolling on pretty good - nice car!.

Phillips '53 is flatty powered with a ford-o-matic so we had to take it kinda easy.

All in all a very good trip.

14. Skip-o-Matic

Skip-o-Matic

Glad you got home safe Gator.
    Thanks for posting the pics.
    Your Caddy makes me salivate. Getting to look it over in person has really got me chomping at the bit to get started on my '49.
    Hope to see ya next year if not sooner.

15. terrafirma66

terrafirma66
    from tampa fla

saw some of you guys in tampa gassing up at the starbucks down the road from me.. talked a minute with a really nice couple sitting in a nice ride..can't pull the name sadly..was literally just outta bed after a week with the flu and rough back (someone dropped a palm tree on me. can you believe the shit? crazy)..any how..but damn! some nice rides were there....wish I coulda gone...next year though..
    terrafirma (66)

16. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

nice pics gator....sure do luv the caddy! turned out perfect!

17. Mike53

Mike53

Wow how'd you get Dick-o to smile?Both times I've met him he was pretty grumpy!

18. Wyle E Coyote

Wyle E Coyote

Great shots Gator, thanks a bunch for making the trip and doing all the killer stripingf or the guys. Hope we get to see you again soon.

I think Dicko had a few brewskis in him by the time that picture was taken... :)

19. KIRK!

KIRK!

Damn! I created TWO monsters! Poor Boys and Billetproof. Dear world, I'm sorry.

21. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

HA HA HA You're on a roll. One more great idea and you can retire. :D Mike

22. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

I want the Tampa Poor Boys to know that they put on one of the best shows I have been to in a long time. Thanks to them and Alan for having it here.
    I'm looking forward to next year already, and if nothing drastic happens, we will be up there for the pre party on Friday night.
    Thanks to all of you for a great show!
    Robert

23. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

It was a surprise to see you there Robert but I'm glad you came up. I wish I'd have known you drove the hot rod. I would have liked to see it. Nevertheless, all the best to your son for a complete recovery. Hope he's surprised when he see the pics of it. Mike

24. AHotRod

AHotRod

Gator ! ......your a HERO ! THANK YOU for striping my purple Coupe, Jennifers vintage cooler, my glass bead cabinet, .......you are awesome buddy. I'da have you do my house if you lived here :)
    Your Caddy looked like it was at home in my Shop....makes me want one :)
    You and Connie and the Best !

25. Gator

Gator

Hey, thank the ladies again for entertaining Connie, she said several times how much she enjoyed it and how sorry she was she didn't get to tell anyone goodbye.

Trust me, I'm trying to figure some way to drag my self down there permanently.

26. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Well, that nice house next door is still available and there is room to build a nice, big shop???:D We'd be happy to have you down here. Mike

27. If there is a model for what a Poor Boy should be, Gator is it! All Hail Gator!

I just sent you an email about your stickers, I'll ship them out as soon as they get here, with some other stuff.

Thanks for the lines on my firewall too! I love it! when the rest of the car gets final-er paint (not just Ace Hardware rattlecan), I'll get you to do some more... the dash will need some too, but sooner.

Thanks for posting a picture of my brood.

28. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Y'all did good, my hat's off to you.

29. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

Thanks for the lift to the No Where bar Friday night. I was really impressed with the build quality on that caddy!

30. AHotRod

AHotRod

You all are Welcome, there was a lot of hard work put into the show, and we are so honored that all of came.
    Glenn