Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car parts in the house

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Oilcan Harry, Mar 23, 2008.

1. I dont hav any parts in the house because we have a1600 sq ft building and a900 sq ft shop to store stuff in. Several years ago in the dead of winter we rebuilt a road ranger semi trans in the living room. It was just too cold outside and had to be fixed. pulled an all nighter installed the next day. And left on a 400 mile run with no sleep for over two days. Shure glad we dont own a truck anymore. OldWolf

2. ems customer service

ems customer service

have a parking meter in the living room,

3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

That is my family room, in my basement, My place is a walkout, I had it built with an 8 ft wide patio door. just have to take it off the tracks to put a car in. My homeowners insurance agent was over and said it was ok as long as there were no batteries or gasolene in them

4. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

what do I get?

5. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kept the chrome full height windshield for my bucket under the bed until I needed it. Took the furniture out of the third bedroom, made some racks out of 2/4' and 1/6's and stored car parts on 'em. And oh yeah, speaking of the little lady, do you know what a good job the dishwasher does on small to medium greasy aluminum engine parts?

6. TopHat

TopHat
    from NC

Geeze on the "coffee" table next to me in the living room, I see a Dodge tail light and a VW speedo. In the front hallway, is a complete Harley 2-smoke bike, my very first motorcycle. In the spare bedroom is an autographed Richard Petty NASCAR slick, an Earnhardt slick, and a third no name slick.

TopHat

7. Harms Way

Harms Way

Our undying respect and admiration !....:D

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

a ride in Big Olds??:rolleyes:

9. rdstr31

rdstr31
    from Ney, OH

I got the front fenders, gas tank, steering column, & wiring harness from the '52 in the spare bedroom.

The longer I keep them in there, the easier it is to talk my wife into letting me build another garage...:)!

10. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Pick me up, I'll wait by my mail box.

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Better take a snack out there with you, it might take me awhile to get there.;)

12. I figured you'd take him some cookies as well.

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Kerry, thats suppose to be a surprise for him.....:p

14. I won't mention the secret ingredient if that helps. ;-)

15. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

Mockup in the basement. I plan to build the majority of the car there. The woman rules.

[​IMG]

16. You should see whats on my toilet.

[​IMG]

17. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Wife just kinda looked at me funny when I brung in all the interior, and lots of N.O.S. trim for my Ford conv., and stacked about 10ft from where I'am now.

I would like to think that I have a farily nice recently built home. Wife does whatever to the inside, but the shop, garages, and the office are mine!

We think we have a good balanced marriage. [​IMG]

18. looks like another 3 weeks of snowy weather...........
    then rain/mud ...
    2 days of warm weather (hopefully fr btt50's)
    then winter starts again.. then....

19. fleetbob50

fleetbob50
    from Waco,Texas

Since my apartment was built in one corner of the shop, technically all my car, bike and airplane parts are in the house :)

20. beatnik

beatnik

I use to be really good about keeping parts out of the house but my garage is packed and I've been collecting parts for a few projects this winter so I can go full steam ahead as soon as spring gets here. My basement has become a parts storage center and engine building area.

[​IMG]

21. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

All over the house... Engine parts wheels, hubcaps, mirrors, intakes exhaust parts, extra interior parts, grille parts, they are everywhere...

22. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

23. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I got a few scattered here and there, mostly nice stuff to look at. Kinda like ART ..yeah automotive art..in the house.
    2 months ago it was so friggen cold up here and didnt feel like spending the time and money to heat up the shop for a few hours of work , so I assembled the New Model A Front End in the Living room!

24. Kaline

Kaline

I used to keep a LOT of parts in the basement and turned one room in my basement into an engine assembly area, UNTIL we had the move the first engine out. That cost me a lot in beer and pizza, as it took 4 friends to move it! Now my basement has become a work area for small parts that I can carry, as well as a cleaning area in cold weather months. Someday I hope to have a shop large enough to keep everything in! My wife would appreciate that!

I know a guy in Pittsburgh who is DEEP in to drag racing aircooled VWs. Every room of his house as parts in it, and one bedroom is his engine/trans assembly area. He definately has passion!

25. well, there is a 55 buick grill bar next to me... and I think there are a ton of door handles and emblems in a box to my left....also a mid-century modern furniture buff/collector and I see lots of pieces in need of repair,and parts to fix laying about the house also...

26. BenW455

BenW455

I have a set of restored Pontiac Snowflakes setting beside the couch. They look great in the living room. And yes I am married.

27. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

my uncle has a complete engine in peices in his house a motorcycle . in the basement he has parts and a welder all sorts of stuff.

28. 392_hemi

392_hemi

Basement is pretty much full, except for a path to the washer and drier (concession to my wife). So is the shed and 10x20 storage space. Good news is the garage is looking better, so now I actaully have room to work.

29. k-member

k-member

The center piece on my dinning room table is 3 new rebuilt 97's for my Y-block and I have a few misc. taillights that light up for nitelights. There's always car parts somewhere in my house.

30. I have some junk in my house too.

Attached Files: