Register now to get rid of these ads!

Beware! More bangers boys B.S. & Monthly meeting

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Feb 28, 2008.

1. kelgar50

kelgar50
    from socal

Thanks for the reply,I have a couple of axles a early to mid 30's chevy car and a 46 ford car axle with 2 sets of wish bones,a banjo rear end and a T rearend,sprint car tail tank and a old salt flats style nose but thats about it.Was thinking of building some sort of speedster.Thats why I was thinking the 4 banger would be great.
    The free stuff aint going nowhere its on some prop.my unkle bought.
    What would you sugguest for power?

2. Rand Man

Rand Man

I think the deal fell through on the stock running chassis I mentioned, but there are others out there. I have a question about the stock Model A transmission. Is it true you can't really downshift (without a whole lota grinding).

3. With practice you can learn to downshift without grinding, we used to downshift without using the clutch but if you screw up you pay. I once had a short "S" turn into my drive way and would downshift into 1 st gear and slide to the left and then punch it right into the drive. When we were kids this was something you HAD to learn to do or you were a sissy or worse. I would advise you to practice double clutching. It is a matter of synchronizing the engine speed with that of the gears. Or install a 39 trans.

4. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

lookin good!
    I'm jealous

5. Corn coupe

Corn coupe
    from CZ

Just Plain Bill - Thanks for the info, reassurance is always welcome, thats the way I'd done 'em, played around with the linkages and timming today - got upto 65mph on the speedo (which is about 10% out on the slow side), and chickened out before the babbit rattled loose....................... I know this aint high speed for some of you boys, but for me it's amazing!!!!

6. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

65mph ain't bad at all! Any other mods or just the carbs?

7. Corn coupe

Corn coupe
    from CZ

High comp head, the one that looks stock - described as a Police car head?

8. 1930 vicky

1930 vicky
    from England,UK

That looks the buisness Darren,real family transport. Look foward to seeing it on the road.

9. Pierre H

Pierre H
    from france

"bonjour" Artiki,
    yes it's a Dan Price head, ... I'll get my B engine in 2 weeks, so things can really starts... it's true that it's look great... I'm thinking order another one just to make a nice,small, light and cheap paper weight on my desk....

10. BADENGINEERING

BADENGINEERING
    from SWEDEN

I'm putting thogether a banger, +0.20 bore and a Brierly cam, Winfield head. And I need some advice, where to buy; one pice valve guids, valves, springs, insert valv seats etc.?

11. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

12. Magnus B

Magnus B

Hallå Niklas

I have not bought from them myself but Piranios http://www.modelaparts.net/ (page doesn't work today but I was there yesterday) have a one piece guide conversion set for a fair price. They also have the Donovan B banger if you want to go crazy. I have solid guides made by a guy named Mike Flanagan, calls him self Model A Foole sometimes. They are turned down from a larger guide to fit the model A and B. I was going to use these on my model B engine. But I'm currently changing valves in my Model A and I think I'll use these instead of the stock 2 peice guides which are just a pain in the ass anyway.

//Magnus

13. Simon

Simon
    from London, UK

not seen this one before

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iFSGSL3Nrmc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iFSGSL3Nrmc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

14. Corn coupe

Corn coupe
    from CZ

15. Piewagn

Piewagn