Register now to get rid of these ads!

"The Road to Bonneville"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zombie Hot Rod, Feb 5, 2008.

1. coop31

coop31

I got mine yesterday and watched it last night, Killer video, really makes me want to make a road trip! One question, why are the 3w's running radial tires on the front only? Did they have tire problems in the past. I know I sure did but got it fixed. Didn't mean to ramble on. Thanks Brian for a great video the beat yet!

2. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

They had some bad luck in the past years with the 475x16's bias plys being out of round. They run them on their cars normally, but for the long trip this year the guys decided to try out a different set of tires.

P.S. Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you guys like the movie.

3. JaBoney

JaBoney

I got mine too a few days ago and couldn't stop watching it. Really cool stuff in there and love the music tracks. Got me rockin in my easy chair!

Hey Brian - when are you coming out to Wading River for Thursday night cruise night. If not hope to see you guys under the BQE in August!

4. tex34ford

tex34ford

Guys, bear with me on this question, I'll be 70 this year so my music tastes might be different than yours. I watched the trailer and it looks like a cool DVD, but is the music from the trailer the constant background sound? What I'm saying is the real music to me are the sounds of the quickchanges, flatties and the pipes. Just a question prior to purchase.

5. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

The music is only a small party of the movie. It is a documentary, half covering the trip from NY to Utah, and half covering speedweek with a little bit off history in between. It has interviews, break downs, road side repairs, last minute fixes at Bonneville to pass tech, real time sound, and enough flatheads with open pipes and winding quick changes to put a smile on any real hot rodders face.

If you pick up a copy I have a pretty good feeling that you will not be disappointed.

6. tex34ford

tex34ford

Thanks Brian, I have video of the Bones arriving in Erie PA so I can appreciate what you are saying.

7. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

I put two aside for you, what happened? I eventually had to sell them by the end of the night since I sold out of what I brought pretty fast. Anyone who didn't get one at garage night can still get it through the site:

www.AtomicHotRods.com

8. AV8Paul

AV8Paul
    Member Emeritus

Brian,
    It was a pleasure meeting you at the Bone's garage night. I've already watched the video twice. Of all of the years for me not to make the trip with the Bones. The video gave me inspiration to be in the garage most of the day today.
    Paul Howard

9. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Brian, Tom and myself meet you in Maxton, Tom got a copy last week and I saw it thursday night..It made want to pack the deuce and head north , for garage night but weather did not look that great....

10. Joe Grippo

Joe Grippo

Thanks for doing that Brian...My brother grabbed our two of you at some point when he saw they were flying out of your hands. What a night! I can't wait to watch the DVD!

11. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Cool, glad you guys got a copy. Let us know what you think once you get a chance to watch it.

Paul and Jack, glad you guys liked it. It's always nice when a couple of real hot rodders are into what you're doing.

Thanks for the support, it means alot!

12. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Send me the info on that and I'll make it out there once the weather warms up a bit.

13. Brian W

Brian W

I just finished placing my order. I can't wait to see it!
    -Brian

14. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Been getting alot of positive feedback from guys here on the HAMB...

Thanks for the support!

15. yekoms

yekoms

Yep Zombie it's cool. I was at the Rollin' Bones deal with Grippo. I watched the DVD three times so far. It's inspirin'. Damn, I need to get the coupe done...
    Smokey

16. mailed out payment this evening~

17. misfit36

misfit36
    from new york

im a little late in my review as i got my copy a few weeks ago. this video kicks ass in more ways than one. first thing id like to say is how much i felt like i was "there". it wasnt like keith and ken were getting interviewed but more like they were just shootin the shit with me. i enjoyed the music of both the punk rock, jazzy lounge shop music and of course the flatheads running like beasts. you can tell by watching it, he put alot of work into it.

18. NYNY

NYNY

been looking forward to thid dvd for some time.
    Thanks

19. peteynj

peteynj
    from Jersey

oh i got this .... its a good one

20. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Hi Petey...

21. Asshole Garage

Asshole Garage
    BANNED
    from Sandy Utah

So, I'm a little late on the up-take, so, what else is new, any way I ordered a copy and am looking foward to it! Any thing with the letter "B" as in 'BONNEVILLE" count me in !
    We had an asskickin' winter this year, I'm sure the salt is under 6 feet of water, hope for a HOT summer and pray for good salt !

22. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Brian wanted me to give an honest opinion of his video...I liked it...very cool...

The music was terrible if you're over 40...

Just mute till you see someone talking, then un-mute (de-mute?) :)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  23. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

What's the saying? If it's too loud you're too old... :D

Seriously, that's funny, I get e-mails daily asking me if and when the sound track is going to be available!

24. JaBoney

JaBoney

Hey watch it man, I'm 54 and I LOVED the music. Of course the video was brilliant too!

25. Buy this thing. Brian Darwas has done an awesome job and the Rolling Bones are full of awesome people. Support his hard work!

26. slepe67

slepe67

kinda wierd, I fell in lust with Darwas' blue '32 roadster (R&K Winter '08), and I watched this film today...If that ain't enough to get a guy motivated...great movie, SWEET cars...