Register now to get rid of these ads!

Are 4doors going to be the new craze

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carpet Bomber, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nailhead

Nailhead

I don't know, I don't mind more doors....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tommy v

tommy v

3. tommy v

tommy v

4. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

I agree with those saying a 2-door is more desirable. More "sporty". As an owner of a 4-door, I say, If it's gotta be a 4-door... better make it the hardtop version. I was in search of a 2-door, but they were so hard to come by in good condition and once I found one, it was WAY over my budget. I found an excellent 4 door hardtop that I couldnt pass up.
    Here's a nice 4-door.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Nostalgic Dave

Nostalgic Dave

BuickBorracho, your 4 door HT Buick looks every bit as cool as a 2-door! What I am not a fan of is when people shave the rear door handles off, but not the fronts in an attempt to FOOL us somehow. Lame! if its a 4 door its a 4-door, don't try to hide it. If your that embarrassed about it being a 4-door, then sell it and get something else.

6. T-Bone

T-Bone

Just when we think this fucking thread has died, some dingus brings it BTTT...again.

7. five-duece-chevy

five-duece-chevy
    from PA

I have two kids who ride in car seats, so yea, a four door just works a whole hell of a lot better for me. But hell, at least I'm not driving some POS Neon, right? I need a four door as my daily driver at least until my kids get old enough to hop in the backseat and buckle themselves. (and yes, this is my daily driver)

[​IMG]

But for the haters, I also own a 2 door 1952 Chevy and a 2 door 1960 Rambler American. I'd drive my 4 door Nova over some boring ho hum late model any day.

8. Man. my first rod was a four door without post ''sport sedan," so ive done my time of four door pride. But no lets not call is popular. its despiration and money. a wagon is always cooler than a four door. I got one four door that runs great, got if for cheap, and i can drive it every day. THEN I got a two door that runs like piss and is rusted to hell.

but most cars were concieved to be two doors, they were designed with 2 doors in mind in relation to the balance and flow. 2 is still the shit.

9. Nostalgic Dave

Nostalgic Dave

There is one car I can think of that I like BETTER as a 4-door than a 2-door... the 50's Hudson! The 4-door has a more streamlined roof and just looks more-bitchiner! I was talking to the former owner of my '60 Impala Sport Sedan, he drove it when he was in high-school in the 70's, said nobody gave him any flack for it being a 4-door, kuz it was a hard-top and had a cool roofline.

10. DeVille472

DeVille472
    from GA

I dont really care much anymore... i pass so many ford mustangs, toyota corolla's, and honda civic's, ill just about give a thumbs up to ANYTHING remotely different.

The average cars today look so cheap, plain and plastic they all basicly blend together. 4 doors or 2, its still a classic. Its still different, and its still 5,000 times better than 99% of cars made this decade. I get so tired of seeing the same crap over and over and over...

You guys that "Think 4 doors suck" need to remember that in a world of blending and people selling there soul for gas mileage anyone "Daring to be different" should be encouraged... not ridiculed. Just me...

11. gearjam1

gearjam1

I've got a family, and ya-know...it's nice having a car that's cooler than a mini-van...but, still useful for hauling everyone around it. My 2 door '64 is a pain in the ass, letting the backseat crew in and out all the time...

12. P-townkustoms

P-townkustoms
    from P-Town CA

FACE IT THE ONLY REASON YOU WOULD EVER GET ONE IS BEACUSE YOU CAN'T FIND A TWO DOOR! Who in their right mind would rather have a 4 door??? That is of corse if you like Hot rods... For doors suck! No such thing as a 4 door Hot rod!

13. P-townkustoms

P-townkustoms
    from P-Town CA

There are very few exceptions, Hot rods are for getting girls , 4 doors are for getting FAT GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!

14. TRAMPKING

TRAMPKING
    from SGV

here some pics of a 4dr chrysler windsor were building

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. tommy v

tommy v

16. tommy v

tommy v

17. TyAtkinson

TyAtkinson

What if they didnt make a 2 door version of your car it cant be a hotrod or a gasser?

i say Dare to be different you can buy a 57 chevy 2 door and go to a huge car show and be 1 out of 30 of them or you can be the four door car.

18. RATTRAX

RATTRAX

I don't think they'll take over or anything...but they do make cheap hot rods.
    Example:...........I've got a tubbed 65 ChevyII Wagon with a 454 in it.
    I've also got a 69 Chevelle 4dr hdtop that I'm dropping a 454 in,a little later in the spring.
    I've had a bunch of 2 door cars & still like them..I just like having different/odd cars from the rest of the crowd.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

....Mark
    www.benchseatracin.com

19. Bash'n'Weld

Bash'n'Weld

4 Doors the new craze? Maybe not, but I sincerely believe that price does dictate and has got a hell of a lot to do with it, hence, people buying 4 doors and turning them into 2 doors (myself included) because the 2 door versions are just too dear.

20. Not everyone thinks 2 doors are the best thing since sliced bread. I could care less about the doors, it's the LOOK that counts. My Plymouth is 4 door, and I'm perfectly happy with it. I get countless folks coming up and telling me my car is cool, never once had one say "it would be better if it was a 2 door"...
    No, they're not going to be the new craze, they've always been here.
    [​IMG]

21. Old Gold

Old Gold

I don't think I'd consider it a craze that has to do with any age group. I for one am far from the under 30 age group and have built mostly 2 doors in the past 25 years. However the next one coming home is a 1952 Packard 4 door straight 8. Why? Because I'm building it to drive, not to sell. (I've lost money on 2 doors). I'm building it for me and not for you(4 door bashers). And finally, living your life based on others opinions or acceptance is just plain weak.

22. zipper-z

zipper-z
    from MA

4 doors are for classics and customs and were chosen not really for hot rods. I like 4 door cars for the purpose of them. Putting together a 57 ford 4 door right now for the wife. But it will be a restoration and not a hot rod. Doesn't mean there are not some pretty cool customs out there that are 4 doors. I think the general consensus here for the traditionalists are that it is not what a hot rod is. To each his own though. I wouldn't mind trying to make a 4 door model a sedan into a decent old style hot rod. Some people just like to take this out of the normal sense of builds and have fun with it. When I finish the 57 ford I am going to build a 3 wheel car (Aptera look-like) from an old motorcycle. No particular reason other than something different. Do what you like and tell the nosey bitchers to get back into their camry or minivan and go find a hobby.

23. CLSSY56

CLSSY56

I, for one, would because of my family. I don't see me getting 2 door till the kids are out of the house... but then there are grandkids (hopefully).

Another thought, in 1956, the Bel Air 2 door Hardtop weighs the same as the Bel Air 4 door Sedan.... Who says they can't be hot rodded or a hot rod...

All the cars we own are 4 doors... 2007 F150 SuperCrew, 2005 PT and the 56 Chevy.

24. I want to cut the doors and quarters out of a two door and make a 4 door, just to piss everyone off...

25. tommy v

tommy v

how stupid:rolleyes:

26. JHhj0978

JHhj0978
    from Youngstown

idk about a new craze...they are gain some popularity cause they are affordable...but they will always be affordable...the 2 doors are always going to be worth more and the craze....although wagons i think are pretty sweet..

27. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Yeah I have (2) 2dr now, one half crappy 51 and a fully crappy 51 next, but that aside, this thing was a LOT of fun and I miss cruising it.

[​IMG]

28. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

i dont have time to fully read through all this but, i dont think 4 doors will ever gain the popularity that 2drs have. aesthetically they just arent as pleasing unless its like a 59 galaxy 4dr HT. i personally own one, but i jumped into buying it and still regret it. but now i cant get rid of it cause it was my first car and theres sentiment attatched. in any case, when ever a friend asks me if they should buy a car, the first words outa my mouth are "is it a two door? if no, then no. save your money." some people say they like them but, i honestly cant see why, i have grown fond of mine but thats just because i can haul all my friends and shit around in it.

a good way to build a 4dr and have it be traditional, i think would be to do a clean push car. i wish more people would go for that look.

29. greasel

greasel
    from Fresno, CA

so, tell us how you really feel about 4 drs...
    is anyone on the HAMB or into hot rods really of sound mind?! as far as I know we're all a bit off-kilter and unique.

well, if yer gonna throw girls into the decision making process of 2 v. 4 door, nearly every hottie has an ugly, fat, annoying friend. well, the hottie's gonna sit up front, when fatty tags along it's a lot nicer for her to have her own door than to climb over the seat and break something that can't be replaced...
    oh damn, when there's a car full o' hotties it's better to see em climbing in and out of the back seat in a 2 dr. there goes my theory. they do get annoyed with that, though; I've had much better success filling up a 4 dr with good lookin girls than a 2 dr.

30. Adam D.

Adam D.

are 4 doors worse than 2 doors??? who gives 2 shits and a fuck? a cool car is a cool car. dont matter how many doors it has, as long as it looks cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.