Register now to get rid of these ads!

WTF is this and is it yours?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by invizibletouch, Mar 19, 2008.

1. invizibletouch

invizibletouch
    from Mobile, AL

Caught this on the way to work last week. This thing is a BEAST! Couldn't get next to the guy to check decals etc. It was in Mobile, AL last Monday I think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I'm guessing Blastolene.

JH

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

looks wicked as hell..and huge too

4. invizibletouch

invizibletouch
    from Mobile, AL

Huge it is! I'm thinking maybe it's a "Great Race" car.

5. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

Maybe not a bad guess, the "Blastolene Brothers" are from AZ and the trailer has AZ plates. But it would be odd to let it be that dirty and in an open trailer.

6. invizibletouch

invizibletouch
    from Mobile, AL

Holy shit that guy builds some monsters.

7. invizibletouch

invizibletouch
    from Mobile, AL

Thanks for the tag ID. Was about to ask what state it is.

8. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

That is the best reason to not tailgate. That fucker is mean!!!

9. Maybe they couldn't tie it down with the doors on the trailer?

JH

10. Bigblock351w

Bigblock351w
    BANNED

have you seen Jay Leno's FUCKIN MONSTER!.

11. invizibletouch

invizibletouch
    from Mobile, AL

Just checked it out. Insane!

Dig this, it's one of the Blastolene brother's "Art Cycles":

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. VoodooBlade

VoodooBlade

I'ts got blue dots. Random cool thought of the day.

13. Horsepower67

Horsepower67

That's the Blastolene Indy Special. He added a couple big turbos to it though :eek:.

14. primed55

primed55

correction they're from Santa Cruz, CA (unless they moved in the last 6 months?) I see them from time to time, dude used to get coffee at the same place i did.

It does look like one of thier contraptions. http://www.blastolene.com

15. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I think its a black trailer being pulled by a newer GM? pickup

16. dbradley

dbradley

Its a quarter midget pulled in a tiny trailer by a legends truck.............

17. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

Group Hug:

From a Goodguys report:

The “Blastolene Brothers” are returning to the Goodguys 21st Texaco/Havoline West Coast Nationals in a big way later this month.

Randy Grubb of Grants Pass, Oregon is putting the finishing touches on a creation he’s calling “B-702” – spectacular roadster based on the “French curve” boat tail roadsters of the 1930s. Built almost exclusively in house by Grubb (he hand built the entire car and performed all the fabrication other than the interior – which was done by Randy’s Rods in Williams, Oregon), the “B-702” will make its long awaited debut the weekend of August 17-19 at the Pebble Beach Concours.

Inspired by the great "French Curve" cars of the 30's with a shot of Blastolene, the hand formed aluminum body and fenders ride on a custom 155" wheel base made out of 2"x 5" x 3/16" wall steel box tubing. The front axle is a custom oversized I-beam located by hand made hairpins and a custom tranverse leaf spring.

The 1962 GMC 702 cubic inch V-12 was rebuilt in 1981 by the U.S. government and was used in an airport rescue vehicle. Coupled to a modified Allison 545 automatic transmission, the 650 lbs. of torque at 850 rpm should be more than enough power!

Winslow, Arizona based Blastolene Brother Rodney Rucker will debut his brand new, 28 foot long “Blastolene Daytona Special” roadster – powered by a 2400 cubic inch Packard V-12 (yanked from a Military PT Boat). The car features a mind-blowing 250-inch wheelbase! Rucker will also bring “Sneaky Pete” - a Peterbuilt truck inspired model A hot rod which just completed the 4,600-mile “Great Race” across America, consuming a mind-boggling $8,000 worth of gasoline!

But wait! There’s more! Santa Cruz, California Blastolene Brother Mike Leeds will be bringing his new hemi powered tricycle and will exclusively debut the “El Gordo Verde” – a new Peterbuilt truck inspired hot rod which was built as a flagship test vehicle for the television show “Green Machines” which will air this fall. The car runs on bio diesel and will make stops around America in support of Green Earth environmental awareness.

It’s going to “Blastolene Overdrive” at the West Coast Nationals! Make sure and stop by to check out these wild, very original creations!

18. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Dontcha just love digital cameras in the front seat! Them an picture phones but I don't know how to download yet!

That Sneaky Pete used like 100 gallons a day on that race. It was just in a write up. Must have an oil well in his back yard.

19. invizibletouch

invizibletouch
    from Mobile, AL

Gotta have a digi in the front seat at all times! Wish I would have got the guy to pull over. He was heading north on 98 so who knows where he was heading. Probably returning up from a Florida event. Just odd to see something like that down here in the dirty south although on my ride home along I10 East I see all kinds of big name wrapped semi's returning from FL in the westbound lanes.

20. primed55

primed55

TWO RIGHTS!!! does that mean we're both wrong?

21. Bigblock351w

Bigblock351w
    BANNED

ive been looking for one of thos GMC 702's and a Ford GAA.

where the hell do you find em!..