Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tin Rescue Mission...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrGasser, Mar 15, 2008.

1. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

...Rob and I went out to western Michigan this morning to save this old, what's-left-of-a-sedan body, from it's previous life as a gunshot target!
    Don't ask if it's for sale tho,...this delectable piece of 1934 Henry is on it's way to Califas, to Mr. Dan Collins!...

Attached Files:

2. Black Primer

Black Primer

You sure that wasn't Bonnie and Clydes death car? LOL....It's still pretty cool.

3. David Chandler

David Chandler

4. Ratty55

Ratty55
    from Frohna,MO

don't you know? they're speed-holes!

5. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

i know where there is a Model T tats sittng i n the woods doing the same thing......getting shot at. tha bad thing about it it has a really big tree growing through it.

6. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just pull it apart and haul it away.

7. That's a cute dune buggy!!-MIKE:eek::D

8. slammed1

slammed1

Thats so sad.

My Dad left here in FtSmith in the mid 60's to go to Atlanta and start a career and family,he did take his 37 straight axles Chevy coupe but left his 46 Ford here for Family to watch until he could ever come back for it..........many many many years later I went with him to see his old 46 with its flip frt end and all,only to see it in 3 large pieces at the bottom of a hill. The body had been used to build fires inside and the roof collapsed in after being jumped on repeatedly,the welded up one piece frt end sat near by rattled with bullet holes and the frame sat near also damn near bent in half by a large machine.

9. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

This body was actually still on the frame, but the old guy wanted to keep the frame to use,...it was rusted and destroyed so bad, I didn't see one piece that was useable, "maybe" the front crossmember, after ALOT of welding!...said he was going to fix it!

When the body was lifted off, what was left of the floor pans, stayed on the frame!

10. DanCollins

DanCollins

awesome, this is my first time seeing it, and it's actually no where near as bad as I thought it was gonna be!

11. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Dan, there's still alot of useable metal there, you're going to use this to fix the coupe, right? Rob took a ton of pics of it, so you can get a better idea of what's there...

12. brewsir

brewsir

Shit...if it was Jim Sibleys it would be a showcar in a week....so I'm sure you will build a Killer rod out of it Dan! If you bought it sight unseen...how did you hear about it halfway across the country???

13. It's already sitting on a nice rake.

JH

14. confederate jack

confederate jack

leave the bullet holes as is.

15. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

" If you bought it sight unseen...how did you hear about it halfway across the country???"

...Dan's got that "SuperSecretOldFordSheetmetalDetectingX-RaySpyVisionSoftware"(TM), on his fancy com-puter!

16. Dirk35

Dirk35

Sounds likke your using it for patch peices. Too bad. You could make something like this......... (Kenney did the Chop for me)

Attached Files:

17. BOBBY FORD

BOBBY FORD

This is what you need to make it look like. Dirk35's car is really bad ass.

18. DanCollins

DanCollins

I found it on craigslist believe it or not. Thanks to Rob and Randy for haulin that carcass back for me. Good to have friends like that. The old man that owned it made sure I knew that it was rough, he advertised it as "whats left of a '34 tudor body." I bought it mainly for the doors and cowl, but I think it may be too good to cut up.....

19. Scott F.

Scott F.

Damnit. I called on that car and the guy was real honest about it... but the way it sounded to me was that there was basically just a cowl there. It was actually listed for quite a while. Good on you for getting it.

Scott

20. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

That's going to make a neat looking ride... can't wait to see more pics.

21. Squablow

Squablow

I would say, it looks to be very fixable to me. Would be a shame to cut it up. Although if you use the doors/cowl and sell the back half to someone else, then nothing is really wasted.