Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's the coolest thing you've found lately?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choppa Hanee, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Ok, I may be bragging a little but check this out. A 1960 pedal car, I can't belive the things that turn up at swapmeets. I have never seen one of these before, It even matches the big one I got. What is the coolest thing you have found out there in the world?? SHOW US!!:eek:!

Brent

Attached Files:

2. so.ill.

so.ill.

that thing is awsome! ya want to sell it?

3. GearHeadDiver

GearHeadDiver

DUDE!

That is SICK!....totally THEEEEE coolest.

4. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

5. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

The name escapes me right now but there was a company that made these small scale autos. They'd frequent be given away in dealer promotions. I've seen a few different one of these, somebody help me out here with the name (d-jet?).

PS: I notice it's not sitting on the hood of your A in the last two pix, hope it didn't do too much damage when it slid off.

6. jerry

jerry

Saw you leaving the swap with that under your arm! Said hi as you guys were in the parkib=ng lot.

Did you have to pay the asking price?

jerry

7. That's the coolest pedal car I've ever seen. You lucky bastard...

The only thing I can compare is at the flea market today for $5 I got the old Matchbox '60 Pontiac convertible in not too bad of shape. Ones like it on eBay were bringing $10-$20. They're a bitch to find with a windshield on them still, unless you go on eBay and pay $10 and up for one.

8. I have seen that Jr central.com site but even they do not have any pictures of a 1960 Buick pedal car, just the go cart. I hate to part with it, but right now I am building a hot rod and every thing will go for the right price:rolleyes:

9. Elvisaurusrex

Elvisaurusrex

[​IMG]
    I got blue suede shoes at a flea market today..

10. I was able to talk him down a little

11. Swifster

Swifster

I like old dealerships. I was in a body shop in St. Pete the other day and found out it was a former Studebaker dealership. In what used to be the showroom, there are a pair of fans with 6' drops that appear to be original to the dealership. They are taking them down for me this week. These are not as cool as that Buick pedal car, but they'll work great in the Garage Mahal I'm planning.

[​IMG]

12. so.ill.

so.ill.

!!!!!DUDE!!!!!! I NEED THOSE SHOES TO GO WITH MY LEISURE SUIT.
    Pic of me from my buddy's 30th b-day 70's party.:D

[​IMG]

13. Those fans and blue suede shoes are badass, we all are very lucky dudes!!!!!:cool:

14. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

If it was electric or gas powered I would say it was made in Wisconsin by the same company that made the Studebaker larkette but since it is a pedal car I am going to say it is a Trimex. The Trimex was a slightly smaller scale and the dead givaway was the built in seat that is part of the body. I am going to guess that there is a small battery box built into the body next to the drivers left knee? It should be just large enough to fit 4 C-cell batteries to handle the headlights and tailllights.

Here is my webpage dedicated to Trimex cars. http://www.roadkillontheweb.com/mex1.html
    The Trimex cars were made in Mexico and had fairly good detail and were probably made using pictures in magazines for reference since they also made prototype car replicas in miniature. Often they are sold here as factory promos but you can bet that Trimex did not have factory support or approval.

he red one below is another original 1960. The blue green/white one and the pink one are the same car before and after, as you can see it is a 59. I also added a picture of the frame the guy built for the pink car since it did not have a frame when he got it.
    The same company made a lot of other cars also

Attached Files:

15. TRuss

TRuss

I wish I could say "the twenty bucks I thought I lost under the sofa." But I can't.

16. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

Here are some more Trimex cars that I have not added to the webpage yet.

Attached Files:

17. Elvisaurusrex

Elvisaurusrex

I've got a smoking jacket to go with the shoes and the pipe I picked up at the same swap meet today.. It adds about 40 years. All the other kids that smoke cigarettes now have to deal with the Corvair-loving-pipe-smoking-greaser punk.

Now, I need a pedal car!

18. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

The '61 Dodge and '59 Chevy are cool.. but that '61 DeSoto is incredible! Heck, they probably made as many of those pedal cars as real 61 DeSotos. :D

19. RetroJoe

RetroJoe

I just picked these up for the garage.

Attached Files:

20. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Early 60's collectable Polished aluminum McDonnel Douglas DC-8 plane. It was a gararge sale find. I bought a box of model planes for five bucks and less than 16 hours later I had sold the polished aluminum plane for $1500....Guy flew into LAX and I met him at the airport and gave him the plane... He was a very serious collector....Lucky

Attached Files:

21. Man Roadkill, thanks for the info on the pedal car. That 59 buick is super cool, That's kind of what I had in mind for the 60. I am going to hang it up in my shop for a while and maybe come up with some cool idea's. Thanks again!!! Please let me know if you come across any more pictures.

22. skeeeeoooorrrr Lucky!!!! nice planes!;)

23. got this for nuttin 2 weeks ago with a free chassis :p:p:p

Attached Files:

24. its a while ago now, but i got this dodgem car ( circa 1950s) for nothing aswell. The guy told me to come and get it before he changed his mind!!!

BBodybenny and I arn't for sale so stop askin!!!:)

25. Whoops

forgot the photo:D

Attached Files:

26. rixrex

rixrex

A Masarati four overhead cam roller bearing V/6 with three Weber twos and a five-speed tranny that runs and nothing appears to be missing or broken?....

27. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

What city in Mexico were they made?