Register now to get rid of these ads!

What they steal?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NORCALCUERVO, Mar 13, 2008.

1. duste01

duste01

I dont even try to lock the doors on my stuff, keeps my stuff from being broke by my own kids. I keep valuable parts in my 53 sitting in the driveway, but the dumb kids will steal the biikes out of the yard, but not the carter afb sitting on the seat of the truck. figure that on out. Oh I sold some tranmission stuff to a guy from Cali..on the hamb and he never paid me, does that count as stealing?

2. One year someone took all the stainless trim off my 61 Chrysler. It was my first real car and while it was parked in a "secure" yard all the trim disapeared.

Coincidently... One of the guys who worked there owned a 61 Chrysler 300.

Couldn't prove anything, but I worked in the building next door and knew a few of the other guys who worked with him. A whille later the thief shows up with a "wow, I just heard what happened to your car, and I have lots of extra parts from my restoration to give you"

So... Was it guilt, pressure from his co-workers, or just a nice guy?

I have my theory.... We didn't become close friends...

3. ratrodrodder

ratrodrodder
    from Boston

Air compressor (less than a yr old), chainsaw, some tools...now I lock the garage 24/7

4. El Guapo Nuevo

El Guapo Nuevo
    from Oregon

Yep, it's the same way with me. That used to be my life in New Mexico.

5. PollockzRodz

PollockzRodz

Shoot I hate hearing this stuff haha I have yet to be ripped off but my brother has had a few nice sound systems stolen out of his cars in Troy NY haha shitty city where your pants will get stolen if you dont have a belt on. So now that I got my sound system I built a full steel cage around it out of 1" tubing and welded it to the floor. Bastards arent getting my $700 subwoofer unless they bring a sawsall -Jon

6. Tony

Tony

A handfull of year's ago we had a fullsize chevy van brought into the shop for a no start condition. We found it wasn't getting fuel. Electric fuel pump wasn't working.. Got under the van with a rubber mallet to give the tank a couple taps only to find the whole tank was gone..
    Yes, someone slid under the van and took the tank..

Had another car brought it for a no start and it was missing it's starter..
    I've seen some strange stuff turn up missing over the years.

7. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

Ask Ryan what stinky the bum stole from him... altho i THINK Ryan got his shit back tho :p

8. xbtnikx

xbtnikx

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">'89 chevy caprice more door, right out of my driveway. that was my first car. bastards.
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

9. they did you a favor..:D

10. I never had anything weird stolen from me. They did brake the driver's door glass out of my '89 VW Fox wagon I was useing for a junk yard runner and got a bunch of my tools. A couple of buddies of mine own junk yards and would let me drive it right in and go after what ever I needed. It's beat to crap from having too much fun driving around the yards, has no interior but the drivers seat and was full of tools. It was just a big tool box. Almost 40 years in one place, never locking anything up and nothing ever touched, then the crackheads moved in up the road. Like others I know who but can't prove anything. I'm lucky I didn't catch them doing it. Back in the early '70's dad had an M22 Rock Crusher, a tricked out Q-jet, and a factory 4 row radiator stolen off a '67 GS400 while it was parked in a buddies barn.

11. JustBryan

JustBryan
    from NE Ohio

Had a pair of sunglasses ripped off that were in my 68 Chevelle 327/300 4spd
    dickweed stayed around long enough to razor blade complete mint interior. Glovebox had probly 35 cassettes in it, stereo was killer, only took f***ing glasses. Same year another assbag breaks into my garage and lifts a bunch of small block hi perf stuff,all my tools and my garage radio. Insurance Co. hoses me with depreceation of life time guarantee tools just to ice the cake.

12. Road Toad

Road Toad

I had my Harley, '92 heritage Softail, stolen when I lived in Huntington Beach. It was stolen while I was at work. My wife's beach cruiser was stolen from the same spot a few months prior. Guess I didn't learn.

13. SB5332

SB5332
    from NEW YORK

Don't Know How Old You Are But I Remember A Threaded Ring You Could Buy At Western Auto For Your Valve Stem. They Cost About A Buck For Fourof Them. Rich

14. rustnpz

rustnpz

my mac wire feed welder, nail guns ,and tail lights out of my 83 Chevy shop truck , stared truck backed it out in middle of the street it died they left the doors open emptied ash tray change in the street and left wtf. So I guess it could be worse but would still like to brake some fingers.

15. Farmallmta

Farmallmta
    from P.V. Ks.

I guess I'm really lucky. The only time I've had anything stolen was 2 years ago. I had a bunch of REALLY worn out hand tools and the rustiest tool box you ever saw stolen from the back of my pickup. Guys did me a favor stealing them because it forced me to get off my *ss and get some decent tools. My PU has two fuel tanks... they siphoned maybe 2 gallons out of the nearly empty tank and failed to notice the second FULL tank.

All in all, I'd say they can have the gas as payment for hauling off those sh*tty tools.

16. Farmallmta

Farmallmta
    from P.V. Ks.

Here's an interesting one, in addition to the other one above. When I was in high school some "friends" who happened to be identical twins poured water into my PU gas tank for a "joke" and caused it to conk out on me five miles from home on the highway. Had to walk home, go get some of that water cure stuff and put in the tank so it'd run enough to get me home then had to siphon out 15 gallons of watered gas and replace it. Pissed me off big time.

I told my dad I knew who had done it and I'd get even with them for it. He told me I didn't have to because of "POETIC JUSTICE," which means that evil begets evil and it wouldn't even have to come for me... they'd get theirs, just be patient." So I let it slide and never said a word to them or did anything at all about it, but that was the end of that "friendship".

We graduated and went off to different colleges. One day we met up by accident and after hello's and brief small talk, one of the twins said, "hey, while we were away somebody crawled over our driveway fence and completely stripped my '55 Chevy highboy! Took EVERYTHING!" And they were both watching my face to see if I'd show some sign of guilt, like maybe I'd done it to get even for their screwing with my pickup, right?

Without missing a single beat, I said, "hey, that's really unfortunate. I know how you feel. But you don't need to worry about getting even with whoever did it. See, 2 years ago my pickup had water poured into the gas tank and I had to walk home, cost me money in gas. I was mad and wanted to get even with who'd done it but my dad told me that POETIC JUSTICE would get even with them for me. So I never did anything about it because they'll for sure get it right back and probably worse than what they did to me. So, hey. Be like me! I KNEW who put the gas in my truck and I KNEW they'd pay for it somehow someday!"

And without a single other word, I turned and walked off. The sweetest 30 seconds of my entire life!

17. xbtnikx

xbtnikx

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"></TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <br><br>ha..

18. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

my 84 silverado, but they didnt let it warm up and it died in the street in front of the house. Found it the next day wide open in the middle of the street. So instead they took a crappy dollar store weed leaf necklace my buddy hung from the mirror as a joke.

19. so.ill.

so.ill.

I had a couple of decent tires in the bed of my 60 f-100 that had about 7 patches each, good tread but wouldn't hold air. got taken in the parking lot of a sign shop i used to work for that was in the ghetto of St. louis, Mo. Sucks for the asshole when they payed to mount those pieces of shit and they didn't hold air.

20. I heard this story a long time ago. Guy living in an apartment complex somewhere here in upstate New York had like a '70 Eldorado, with the 500 cubic inch engine. Goes out to start it one day, turns the key, nothing. Opens the hood... no motor (!) ... somehow overnight in the parking lot it got stolen, figure that one out.

I think no one breaks into my driver because I just don't clean it much and leave a lot of assorted shit in it.. hell there's a folding table in it that I never took out after the last car show. Good thing I have a Suburban.

21. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

A cherry 40 2 door sedan, all stock with Sears rebuilt 48 motor, uninsured, never saw it again. Stolen in 1965 and Im still pissed

22. irishpol

irishpol
    from Texas

Grill shell of my last 32!

23. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

my 92 dodge diese lpu. walked out to go to work and truck was not there, went and asked wife if i was out last nite and left truck somewere.said no,asked my boy's if they took it , they said it ran away,[i didn't keep it very clean] 3 day's later at 1am. deputy called said he found it missing stero. lot of tools and equip. stolen.......

24. Kinky6

Kinky6

Yesterday, while I was at work, EARNING MY INCOME!, some rat bastard theives stole my 4'x8' utility trailer w/ a Model A frame sitting on it out of my backyard. At least one of my neighbors came over while the police were taking a report this morning and gave them a description of these guys.

If they're really dumb, they'll try and sell the frame as scrap; I told the cop that if anybody tries to sell an antique car frame to a scrapper, that would be them.

Who knows! :mad:

25. RacerRick

RacerRick

One of the assholes who work in the asshole body mans garage I had start on my camaro stole, the tach, battery, and a bunch of little shit. They pried open the trunklid to take out the trunk mounted battery. The asshole also sugared the fuel cell, and threw some random nuts into the carburator. Good thing I took it off before trying to start it.

I also almost caught a pair of guys stealing my laptop from the locked trunk of my girlfriends car. Missed them by a minute.

I think I know who did it and if I catch him I am going to beat him to a bloody pulp.

26. Gigantor

Gigantor

I had a 71 Charger sitting in my driveway for a while. I slowly sold parts off it to a guy and one day convinced him to buy the whole car. When he was loading it on the trailer he turns to me real pissy and says, "Where's the grille?!"
    That's when I noticed a big gaping hole in the front. Some fucker came and stole the grille right off it from my driveway in the two days between me selling it to him and him picking it up! The car had sat there for a year and a half! He still bought the car, but at a reduced price. It made me reevaluate my neighborhood, that's for sure.

27. johndanger

johndanger

we had a problem with bums at the shop at night stealing gas , one morning we came to work to find a siphon hose in one of the trucks and the parking lot flooded with fuel , ruined the asphalt. After that locking gas caps on everything , next morning holes punched through the fuel tanks , so the locking caps came off.

had a set of Cadillac caps stolen of a car years ago , few nights later saw a 4 door 53 chevy drive past with the caps on it , he had painted over the medalions to match the car, I had seen the car parked before, asked around and found his sister , told her if I didn't get them back tonight I would beat the kid to death.

11:50 that night I was working late on the house , and noticed a car drive up, it was the sister with the caps , I guess she was gonna just leave them on the porch , but I opened the door as she made the top step , scared the crap out of her , forgot I had a hammer in my hand , she must of thought I was crazy. She said the kid was too scared to bring them by. Ran into her years later at some party , and we laughed about it .

Oh yeah , Gene Winfield stole an original Cal Custom grille bar for a shoebox and an original naked lady hubcap flipper from me that he said he was gonna " make copies of " I was after him for years to get them back , I heard he sold them at a swap meet.

Builder of the Year , Hall of Famer = Asshole.

I was at a swapmeet and had just bought the grille bar and was walking around with it, had been after one forever for my 51 coupe , he said he would send me mine back and a new one for the trouble , I never even got it home.

Never lend anyone anything , no matter how cool you think they are , less you don't care if it comes back.

John

28. fast freddy

fast freddy

Summer after high school I worked as a carpenter. I had a 1969 chevy C/10 Step Side with a tool box. Some Rat Bastard used a battery powered grinder to cut the bolts that held the tool box to the bed rails. Took the entire tool box w/ Tools. Didn't bother to open the unlocked truck where i kept a fifty in the ashtray for emergency money.

29. Mopar34

Mopar34

Not much off my old cars. Kids seem to like taking the dice valve caps off my wheels periodically. I always keep a supply on hand just for such occasions. Can't really super glue them on.:eek:

I've had friends who have lost fender skirts, foxtails, dice, etc. There are always a few cheap ass crooks in every group. These days they seem to congregate at car events, looking for souveniers or new free parts for their own rides.

30. Fairlane Dave

Fairlane Dave

Some a-hole threw a brick through the passenger side window of my daily driver Sunday night (in my driveway). Stole a box that was on the floor. It contained a set of '57 Ford dog dish hub caps that I was going to ship to a fellow HAMB'er. Those caps are probably in a dumpster somewhere.

It does, however, make me appreciate that I have room in the garage for my Fairlane!