Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vern Tardel Ranch-photo set

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buildy, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Buildy

Buildy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/notebooms/sets/72157603356652890/

Found this set over on flickr. I`m a newbie here so I`m not sure if this was posted here before.

Maybe I better give my introduction,since I`m pretty new here. My name is Tony De Seta,and I`ve been interested in auto racing and Hot Rodding my whole life. I am particularly interested in the early days of Hot Rodding. I also am an oval track open wheel history fan.
    Although I don`t have a Rod of my own,I am into modeling Hot rods and oval track open wheel cars,and into photography.
    I was introduced to drag racing at an early age by my uncle Frank De Seta,who raced a Willys B/gasser on Long Island in the mid 1960s. He used to take me along to the drags when I was just a kid. Once he took me in the pits and I got to shake hands with Jungle Jim at a Funny Car meet at National on LI in 1968.
    My other uncle was Jerry Karl,also from LI who raced in the Indy 500 six times.Jerry started out as a rodder and street racer on LI in the 1950s. I helped out on his Indy team,so I`ve been around the sport quite a bit.

2. Deadhead

Deadhead
    from N,E,Texas

Those are some cool pics thanx..

3. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

i wish i could spend some time there . that is awsome :)

4. Looks like "Notebooms" is the owner... He's on here.

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

7. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

Yep, thats my flickr set. Took the photos at open house when Cab, Scotty Birdsall and I took a drive over. Saw Ryan and a number of other HAMB folks that day. Tardel's place is bad ass...

thanks.

-scott noteboom

8. some good stuff!

9. moefuzz

moefuzz

Great Pics, I appreciate the chance to look into the eye of hotrodding from many miles away..

Two Thumbs Up.