Register now to get rid of these ads!

jack and coke conversations(torq-thrust pics)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TRUCK_RAT, Mar 14, 2008.

1. TRUCK_RAT

TRUCK_RAT
    from tulsa

so 53sled and myself were havin a couple a jack and cokes at the house tonight when he suddenly revealed to me that he doesn't feel that i should use torq-thrusts on my 37 chevy pickup. according to him,"fenderless rods don't look right with torq-thrusts." so lets see some pics and lets convince him that torq-thrusts look just as good on anything as everything.

thanks hambers

2. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

he is right, you go fenderless it needs something older looking, chrome reverse, painted steelies or early wires, or if you are going to run mags, it has to be halibrand style (small windor or smoothy). they need to be skinny in front (no wider then 5")

To me americans are a mid to late 60's and later look, going fenderless on a ride is very early 60's and earlier look

but its yours so do what you like, I going to pour a crown and coke

3. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Thats right bitches! It just looks "off". May be my opinion, but certain wheels just don't have the right look. Jack & coke #3.

4. mattrod68

mattrod68

ditto... but if lyou have some small ones for the front, what about some chrome reverse for the rear to give it kind of a drag/gasser wheel tire combo?

matt

5. 067chevy

067chevy

My wife in a car I built last year and I love the look of the torq thrust[​IMG]

6. TRUCK_RAT

TRUCK_RAT
    from tulsa

7. southsider

southsider
    from Pella, IA

Are you kidding??? Torq-thrusts look good on anything and everything!

8. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

BUT, your truck will not look like a sedan. It will be shorter wheelbase and the wheels detract from the overall theme. you hooker. jack & coke #4.

9. I gotta agree. Torq thrusts don't look right on a fenderless ride. Solve the problem by putting fenders on your truck.

10. farm boy

farm boy
    from reedley

torque thrust, halibrands, chrome reverse, all cool.........but, if those 22, 24, inchers with rubberband tires start looking good to you..... Stop Drinking immediately.
    OLY

The cancer car lives
    Give to cancer research

11. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

12. Larry T

Larry T

I always thought this one was ok. Stolen from another thread on the HAMB. Actually I like Torque Thrusts on ALMOST anything.
    Larry T

[​IMG]

13. bigdreamsnobux

bigdreamsnobux

Do a search for Kiwi Kev's A Coupe, it's a classic with TT's.

14. 4HawkRod

4HawkRod
    BANNED

I only drinK JACK WITH ICE

15. ca180

ca180
    from Tulsa, OK

jack and coke is the drink of choice! Too bad i'm soo broke i can only afford evan williams.... HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAHAHAHAA

16. TRUCK_RAT

TRUCK_RAT
    from tulsa

jack and coke 6 or 8 53sled is making me another one
    all i'm saying is that 99% of cars will loook good with torque thrusts whasever variation of them. whether it be a new car or one that's fifty, sixty, orseverty yearss. old
    that's all i'm saying. they are a classical style that is not olsy timeless but beautiful .on nearly everythihg

17. Flat_Broke

Flat_Broke

this......thread could get messy

18. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

No round body car can look good with a spoked rim. It looks like you haven't tried to fit a style and bolted on some 70s wheels. Painted steelies with sombrero caps or spider caps look good. bullet lugs add to the flavor of an unfinished rod.

19. ocfab

ocfab

DON'T Do it with no fenders! But it could be the Gentleman Jack talking. I will re read this post tomorrow when sober and give you another opinion LOL :p

20. TRUCK_RAT

TRUCK_RAT
    from tulsa

well, we're out of jack and we have switched to jim beam althiough i'd like to point out that they are the same except price and the fact that him jim tastes like it has graphite in it.

either that or 53sled is trying to poison me?

well, if that's the case he's not invited over anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. TRUCK_RAT

TRUCK_RAT
    from tulsa

this threads getin outta hand and i likes it.

22. 067chevy

067chevy

I' going to use these on my 30 coupe[​IMG]

23. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

who gives a fuck,,,do what you want,,half the people here will stroke you and tell you how great you are the other half will tell you how much of a dumb fuck you are....

..so,like i said,,,DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO,,,who cares what others think....

24. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

The simple fact is, there is no end to this argument. And Cody is a tard.

25. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

TT's are pretty sweet, you get the right size and they look good on anything, except for my Cutlass they looked like shit, so I just got a set of American Outlaws (similar to centerlines just better quality) I wish I could afford jack, me and the boys are trying to knock out a couple bottles of Kessler...yuck, after your lit up on what ever else was in the cubbard it doesn't taste half bad though..or it just doesn't taste...

26. ca180

ca180
    from Tulsa, OK

and coke

I'm thinkin torque thrusts wouldn't look very good without some tucking. The fat tires I think is what throws it off. I say some steelies with baby moons would be tits.... but thats just the cheap ass evans talking.

27. dragsterboy

dragsterboy

I've got a set of Magnesium ones on my 28.They're old,scuzzy and growing hair,and that's the way they're stayin'.

Attached Files:

28. hotrodbrad

hotrodbrad

Those look SIIIICK!!!

29. restin&rustin

restin&rustin
    from illinois

i have a 38 project it has a set of old keystones on it to roll it around i think they look pretty slick.

30. Yes, but when you get tired of watching them grow hair,check out www.roadsters.com for Gibbs to "maintain" them. There is a guy that sells it locally too.PM me if you are interested.