Register now to get rid of these ads!

O.K. Now does your car have a name?? and why?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by time-bomb john, Mar 14, 2008.

1. All the replies to the thread of Do you talk to your car were very funny.However what do call her and why.? I`m curious.Gotzrider sparked the interest on this one.Some of my cars were named
    Le Sled 49 Meteor a little french touch to a custom
    Raevon 56 Mercury Custom Buddy Holly in fluence and SRV
    Usenme 56 Mercury Custom also interprets as Usinme.My ex wifes car
    TimeBomb 36 roadster Custom Just because of the styling and the period
    Shoeze 50 Ford coupe shoebox shoeze kinda like a rockabilly song waiting to be written.
    Prit-tee 27 T-coupe 1st Hot-Rod at 19 years old and never stopped since
    A-Bomb 1930 Coupe just acquired 3 weeks ago.

HERE WE GO AGAIN. after.33 years........I`m infected... Time-Bomb John

2. My Hot Shot hauler is called Poco....short for little big truck.
    The Crosley Altered is called Swamp Thing. Was ran as Wild Thing back in the 60's. My shop is Swamp Fox Customs, So...Swamp Thing.
    My Sister had a car that was just a butt ugly, miserable pain in the A** that she called Deucey, short for Medusa.

3. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Jimmy Black .. is the name for my 1939 Black GMC P/U

4. Bill Schickling

Bill Schickling

My truck is called "Late for Supper" because I'm never on time once I start working on things in the garage.

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Big Olds...short for Project Big Olds, which Rodders Digest named him in the early 90's when they started the buildup in the mag.

6. carmarket

carmarket

My 9 year old daughter named my 30 coupe, the one eighteen, its the month and day she was born.

7. we call my truck -"pops truck" since my grandfather bought it new

8. We call my ol' mor-door "Blackie",,,, HRP

[​IMG]

9. Wife names them all "That", the first time she notices them.

"When did you get "That?"
    "How much did "That" cost?"
    "What are you going to do with "That?"

10. JDHolmes

JDHolmes
    from Spring TX

53 Pontiac "Herman", big, black, boxy, not too pretty like Herman Munster
    55 Pontiac Wagon "Ethel" because Ethel was a semi-popular name in the 50's and the car told me it was her name.

11. I put a name on my Plymouth because I wanted the "comp" vibe, what with the radiused wheelwells and such. "War Pony" because I like the hand print.:D[​IMG]

12. KernCountyKid

KernCountyKid
    from Arkansas

All the pictures from my build go in a folder called "The Family Grease". Thats what I call it now since I'm the third generation to own it.

13. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I don't call inanimate objects "her." I call my Nomad "the Nomad" and my '46 Ford pickup "the '46" as in "I'm gonna drive the Nomad to the car club meeting" or "I'm driving the '46 to the store."

14. pile O crap , because at the moment its a pile of crap!

15. My old black 65 ford truck has been in the family for many years,,,my dad bought the truck in late 66,,when I got the truck it had a hole in back edge the top of the cab for a mobile radio antenna that I patched and shot some red rattle can primer over the repair.

MY twin girls were playing in the bed of the truck with a neighbors girl while I was replacing a bumper on the rear of the truck,,,I finished up and said,,,come on it's time to go in,,,

My wife got home and was playing with the girls and ask them what the did today,,,we played with spot,,,,

She looked at me and said ,,did you get a dog?,,,nope,was my answer.

This went on for a few hours,,,communication on thier part at that time was not very good.

The next morning we went outside and they both pointed at the truck and saying spot,,,no, truck I said,,,spot,,,uhuh,,truck,,,needless to say this went on for a week or so untill one day I was washing the truck and saw the primer spot on the roof.

When the Mrs. got home with the kids I loaded them in bed of the truck and they both went to the primered area and said spot,,,the name stuck,,,my girls are now 30 years old,,the truck is in the barn awaiting it's rebirth and we all still call the truck "Spot".,, HRP

[​IMG] BTW,,the truck didn't have flames at that time,,,

16. flynstone

flynstone

my wife calls my 27 roadster chitty chitty bang bang ,,,cause thats how it sounds

17. Large Marge cause she's Big & Ugly.....joe

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I call my '54 Chevy "Sky-Pilot" after my father's favorite song. My '31 does not have a name, but it's only two weeks old to me now. I will probably just call it the "'31" though.

19. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I have no real "names" for any of my cars, other than what they are like 53 chevy, etc..
    My daughter calls the chevy hers...Chey's Chevy
    the 28 has been reduced to a pile of parts strewn all over the place while i work on the frame.
    my wife calls it..the "Charly Chapplan Car" hey mabey it will get called C3? NOT!

20. coopdevill65

coopdevill65
    from tac ,wa

mines called the dirty sanchez....because the engine i started out with was a mexican built chey 350. its even casted hecho en mexico on the block!

21. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

I call mine " #!!^&*!!!#%!! piece of #!!^%&*! "....unless someone is around.
    Then it might answer to "Daggelhumper?"

22. willys33

willys33
    from New Mexico

My 33 Willys sedan delivery is called "HISSY FIT" and painted on the side. Wife said I threw a few while building it. When I step on the loud pedal it does one too.

23. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

My '46 chevy coupe is named Elmer..dunno why, just fit. My '40 Ford fenderless pick up is named "The Abortion" thanks to some asshat on here that got his panties in a knot about it and called it an abortion. I laughed till i had tears in my eyes that someone could get THAT upset about someone elses choice of vehicle. Still makes me smile!!! :D:D the name is perfect though....

24. For some reason, my 6 year old son named my car, he calls it "our Hot Rod"

25. metalmike13

metalmike13
    from Glass City

my 54 olds rocket is named "Sweet Misery" because it was a major factor in getting me out of and unhappy marriage :)

26. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

"the black beast" on the dodge truck
    "grandie" on my daily
    "screeon" on my fiancee's daily
    "marshmellow" on the new 'bubblily' chebby truck

27. oldguy829

oldguy829

I don't name my cars, but my buddy calls my 41 "rasberry". He says because of the color, then smirks?

28. TRuss

TRuss

The whole family calls the damn old Dodge the, "Damn Old Dodge" because it's a damn old Dodge.

29. chop509

chop509

Now "THAT" sounds familiar!

"The Dirty '34" - Rusty (Dirty31) named it, and it fits.

30. Tuxedo

Tuxedo

Mine is Justine. Christine's younger... uglier sister.