Register now to get rid of these ads!

Progress on T Model Ford Modified

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blackjack, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Monday and Tuesday I was mostly working on hot rod bits. Drilled the F1 back plates and made scoops for them. Going to add around 30 10mm holes around the circumference later

Cut and turned the Ford pickup bed light brackets.

Drilled the Thikstun aircleaner to death as a fix for the tiny openings underneath it. I'll put a K&N foam filter right inside it.

All done with the kind help and assistance of Ian Carey and Richard Oakes down there in Helston, Cornwall while the storms raged outside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. i like the scoops on the backing plates-nice job

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

yea that's great and all, but I want to see the Modified!! Come on why are you holding out on us??:D:D:D

4. I like the scoops. In my book simple and functional are the atributes of a real hot rod.

5. It's a 27 cowl with 25 doors a 1919 rear panel and custom made sail panels (to fit my leg length). 32 Dashboard. Drilled 34 front axle, unknown 80's Ford rear axle. Engine is a 347 Pontiac from a 57 GMC truck. It has a 3 speed. Seats are from a DC3. It has a custom made tank in the shape of a wing section sitting on the rear crossmember. The roll hoops go through the tank. The tank now has new drilled mounts (based on the old hot rodding principle of making everything three times until you are happy with it).

Progress has been slow the last year because I have bought and renovated 3 houses as part of the grand plan to get mortgage-free but I have just had a large workshop built and we are settled down for a while so I will start to get back into it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. A Boner

A Boner

Very nice.....keep up the good work!

7. Hotrodtoms

Hotrodtoms

sweeet! looks awesome

and not far away from me either! lol

8. Show us some more pics of that tank. Pretty Cool!