Register now to get rid of these ads!

how many massacusetts rodders are here??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ol'skool29, May 15, 2006.

1. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Zipper-Z
    Back in novmember the same week I titled mine ,a friend from another part of the State bought a 57 Caddy for $5 K or $6 K and was charged Sales tax on $9K .
    I'd like to go by their Blue book when I go to sell something. $22 K for a model A when you can buy nice examples all day for $11 K. I'll contact Joan M also. LOL

2. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

hell yeah, cant believe this thread is about 2 years old, and still going, how about you folks post pics of what you'll be cruising this year? i'll start off with my 2, the 55 will be mostly cruised, occasionally i'll take my pickup

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

for the record, the '55 was only on the trailer because the engine was stuck :D

3. Did you get your license yet?

4. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

Carpenters local 535 Norwood Mass. I jump fences:D. Also I never work with wood:D.

5. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

not yet, i'll have my license in may though, perfect, just in time for summer :cool:

6. Bad Rat Nailhead

Bad Rat Nailhead

Cape cod here life codder in yarmouth with a nailhead model a

7. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

thsi thread has GOT to be in the running for one of the longest ACTIVE threads. I can tbelive people are still adding stuff! VERY COOL.
    Hope to meet all of you someday

From Fellow MASSHOLE...

8. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

this started 5-15=06

9. Stickanddice

Stickanddice
    from Boston, MA

I was surprised to see a MA thread in here and as I started reading I realized just how old it was.

Well, new guy checking in. Went to school in Newton, MA, then CT, then Boston College. I worked in NYC/Miami Beach, San Francisco, retired and came back to Boston to be close to the in-laws (free nanny/babysitter :)). Now I'm raising my 2 little girls and having my third midlife crisis at 32 after selling all my cars when I left CA. Hopefully I'll be getting a mid to early 30s Buick and/or Cadillac to take care of that.

I live in the Back Bay right next to Boston Common so I have no garage to speak of and will probably have to shamelessly steal my in-laws' garage when the time comes.

I have 0 experience with rods/customs other than wanting one so badly it keeps me up at night. Would love to hear of any good shops in the area so I can hire someone for a pre-purchase inspection etc. and eventually do work that I won't be able to do.

Also, do you guys have get togethers of any kind? The car guys I knew back in the SF Bay Area used to go for drives and/or breakfast or brunch sometimes dinner.

10. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

I would say you should contact hiboyroadsterboy ask him to put you in contact with his farther.

11. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

hey, you were parked next to my truck at the rochester fair car show last year with the 4 door A sedan right? i was there with my dad in the primered truck posted above. never got a chance to talk to you, that sedan is very cool!

12. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

does anyone know when the cruise nights start back up this year? particularly the one at the star drive in in taunton, and the one at plumb corner in rochester, if anyone knows if there are any changes and when they start again. let me know, because i wanna try to make it to them with the 55

13. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Im only 11 miles from where you are in Woburn. Be happy to help in any way I can with looking at a car and doing the work. Got afew HAMBERS who can provide refernces too if you ever get a car to work on.Stop by my open house in April- see some rides and chat- at least if nothing else , youll get a chance to see some rides and free pizza. LOL

14. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

Yes please contact me,My dad could use some work.

15. zipper-z

zipper-z
    from MA

I will see you at both more than likely. I go to star drive in a lot. It is usually May - Sept.

16. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

17. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

18. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

19. The Maynard Area Auto Club have a great online list of shows and thier updated printed one will be out April 1st.

20. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

looking forward to it!

21. Stizzealth

Stizzealth

Anybody know how Lars Anderson feels about rods at their non hot rod shows?

22. Stickanddice

Stickanddice
    from Boston, MA

Chopshop, Highboyroadsterboy,

just a heads up, i sent you guys a pm. :)

23. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

Well I went to their ford show last year with my Hot Rod,and there were a few others there,so I dont think they mind for that show.

24. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

They are a bit more classic based AND there is a new person there running the shows this year (yes everyone -Ellyn left :( after 6 years!) so this year we may see a chance from previous years.
    I know Dana has spoken with Todd ( I think that was his name) and he seems very eager to have larger events, so maybe they are opening their eyes to everything now(Not that they didnt before, but a hot rod anything usually was a big out of place) Take a look at their most recent losting of events- there is a hot rod & gasser show this year- which Ive been told is a lot of fun( Havent been n past years because I was in Syracuse)PLanning to attend THIS year.

25. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Let me know if you didnt get my reply- have a great day!

26. Pete1930

Pete1930
    from Boston

I'm in Northboro, trying to get through this damn winter.

My cars are a 30 A coupe, and a 70 Etype, with a few Jeeps thrown in.

Currently need a passenger door and a trunk lid for the coupe. Rough condition is preferred. Hope to meet more of you guys at Lenny's open house.

Pete

Attached Files:

27. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

John I will get back toyou on the date of our nsra inspection. We have a meeting tonight, this time I will wright down the inspection date and the date of the handy kids camp rod run.

28. zipper-z

zipper-z
    from MA

Two killer cars there Pete. I am looking to find the right model a for a future project. I have a friend in the process now of restoring a 69 jag. He has two of them.

30. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay