Register now to get rid of these ads!

vintage vespa's, cushmans and other...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boones, Feb 3, 2008.

1. atomic age

atomic age

How about a 1960 CZ Cezeta Model 501 from what was once Czechoslovakia? 175cc's of 2 stroke cycloptic fun. It has dual exhaust (2 port single), Jikov carb, gas tank is in the front under the package tray. Four speed trans with heel toe shifter. It's kind of heavy, but has a cool ride because it is so low slung and uses rubber torsion blocks for suspension.

Always available for pin up shoots, as long as I can watch!!

10-22-05_1445.jpg

2. EmilyBelle

EmilyBelle

[​IMG]
    Here's my 78 Rally

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  3. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

I've got a big ol' pile of parts that used to be a pair of Harley-Davidson Topper scooters...I'm confident I can build one out of the parts I've got - pretty close on the second one...

4. Anybody know what this is for??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Hey

I'm doing a total rebuild of a 74 125cc Vespa Primavera in my flat in Paris... 5th floor resto job... ^^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tuck and Roll Carpets and Metal Flake seat ^^

[​IMG]

6. butch27

butch27

JoZ; Man your neighbors gotta love you.LOL

7. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I can not believe you are painting in your apartment. that must be a mess to clean up. but having been in France, I know there is not much spare room and you have to use what you have. Nice looking scooter.

8. VespaJay

VespaJay

Yes, that mounting bracket appears to be for Vespa widebody scooters, 1950-1957, the kind with the carburetor access door below the seat. You remove the centerstand and the bracket bolts up to the same holes. Can't remember if it'll work on a GS150 or not, but it might.

The same basic sidecar and frame were sold to fit Lambrettas, Cushmans, and even Harley Toppers. Only the mounting bracket on the far end of the frame tube needs to be changed to fit the different makes. Yours looks to be in great shape, you're really lucky! Most have rotten floors and are dented to hell. I have one and wouldn't part with it for the world, go find a Vespa to bolt it to and have fun!

Here's my rig bolted to '64 Vespa 150 with Czech PAV40 single wheel trailer:

[​IMG]

9. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

Not vintage but cheap fun and dependable:

Attached Files:

10. Rodshop

Rodshop

I had a '63 Cushman Super Eagle when I was growing up- my brother still owns it, although it hasn't run in a couple of decades. More fun than a kid otta be allowed to have!
    Rodshop

11. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Very non-Vespa :D

Attached Files:

12. Fidget

Fidget

I'll bite, what is it?

Is it a 3-wheeler made to give diginitaries tours of your vast collection? :p

13. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

It is a 1947 Motorette built in New York.

10 hp motor ....pretty quick

I sold it to the son of the man that designed it..... He'd never seen one.....
    Gosh I hope he was happy cause never heard from him again

No it was not for ''Touring the collection'' only to get around the lab

We have an old kiddy wood fired park train for ''tours'' but the city first didn't like the steam whistle and then complained about the smoke! Came out and condemed a couple of the wooden bridges after me and Mrs Bluto spent all the time putin' them together ..... So Cal weenies

I sold all the rolling stock and Loco to a really nice guy in Japan along with the track and we had to saw up the all the wooden stuff. Gave that to a buddy in the high desert to burn in his cabin. That hurt

I still have my gloves from runnin' that thing :)

14. 59 brook

59 brook

while i don't have one i have ridden them in the past .for a point of information if you are ever in south florida there is a dealer for them down here who has a really nice setup with scooter's and cars .he is in hollywood florida can't remember the name

15. Squablow

Squablow

Can anyone ID the year and displacement of this one I have? Runs really good, bought it from a landlord that collected it as rent. Someone told me it was a '64 125 but I really have no idea. Did these things have titles?

Attached Files:

16. Fidget

Fidget

Yes they all have titles. It looks like an early 60's, so it will either be an 125cc, or a 150cc. Take the fender off the engine side, the serial number should be stamped into the body above the fender, and the engine serial number should be stamped into the engine. The serial numbers won't match, they never do, chances are it's a 125cc and the serial numbers will begin with 'VNA'. Or you can just get the serial numbers and go here... http://www.scooterhelp.com/serial/ves.serial.numbers.html

17. Grilleguy

Grilleguy

[​IMG]

Here's my baby built a few years back.
    It started life as a '52 Springer Eagle. I added the telescopic forks, frenched the headlight into the fork shroud, cut the fork springs and moved the rear axle plate to lower it. I'm running Honda Trail 70 split rims with custom aluminum centers that I made on the lathe. The carb (Mikuni) wheels, seat and taillights are the only non Cushman parts on the bike.

My other ride is a '63 Cushman Super Silver Eagle currently undergoing a full resto.

Lots of cool info at www.hobbytech.com

18. Flop

Flop

lambretta i am building for a guy from around here he wants it to be a 3 seater just doin what he tells me soooo we shall see how it turnes out this is jus ta mock up its getting stretched 14 3/4inches
    side panels will be stretched and will the floor boards and the frame .
    [​IMG]

19. This has been done before, but the stretching of the bike is unneeded. The design is simpley done by positioning the 3rd seat like the passenger seat on a Lambretta LD. only thing that would need to be extended would be the rear floor boards. Also you would need to run a strong stiff shock or dual shocks in the rear part of the frame. plus cutting up those side panels that are getting rarer by the minute is horrible. just my 2 cents.

20. Flop

Flop

thanks for the tips welder i already questioned him and he is set on getting the whole thing extended. what does the LD look like?

i have about 5 sets of those side panels sitting here that he had laying around he said... im no scooter guy so im not sure of models etc ..

anything else im missing welder?

21. Tall Tom

Tall Tom
    from Austin MN

Saw this red Cushman at a Antique tractor show in Florida last month, I had one like it in 1960. Mine was the one speed and didn't have a sidecar. The other pictures are of a pair of scoots I got free, planning on putting a Briggs in them if I can't get them running.

Attached Files:

22. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Love scooters.
    I have built, worked on, and ridden a bunch of them, and have more scooter stories than I will admit.

It seems people are always getting them for their wives, or as a safe alternative to a motorcycle, which I don't understand. These things are death traps compared to motorcycles. They are so unbalanced. Better to learn to ride on a small motorcycle, then ride a scooter for a challenge and all out fun.

Loads of fun, but death traps. As long as you realize that, have fun. I will.

Just my 2 bits

Wil Sakowski
    www.sakowskimotors.com

23. Frank

Frank

Looking for scooter pics. I can't quite make out all the models though when I found these...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

When I see the word "Vespa" on the HAMB..... I really have to wonder what direction this place is headed...........:mad:

25. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

How about American made 48 Whizzer and 57 Cushman Eagle , does that meet your criteria. Sorry. I own no digital camera

26. The_DropOut

The_DropOut

Loggy, thats a great example of a MOD LI. I have not seen any scooter of any kind dressed up in true MOD style in my town. But I did manage to pop a few pix of a real beauty Lambretta while on holiday in Edinburgh.

Cheers ::beer::

Below are the photos I got of a total MOD Lambretta. I spotted this one like an Eagle and had the camera at the ready.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. The_DropOut

The_DropOut

JoZeF hahaha Thats too much! Your painting your scoot in your kitchen with hardwood floors!! Thats really funny. Nice looking scoot!!

28. butch27

butch27

I have a '51 Simplex made in New Orleans.Is that American enough?

29. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

I just scored this at an auction.It is a SS but the motor had been swapped out.Kind of like driving a Corvette with a 283.Still looks good.All original paint.[​IMG]