Register now to get rid of these ads!

Calling all Canadians

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by canadianzed, Jan 30, 2008.

1. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Walkerton......I am just on the other side of Hanover.

2. Hey Bowtie;
    yes, Charlie Havilands car..Last raced at the "Winternationals" in 1971..
    He brings it out to shows ,and nostalgia drags..
    last year it was running ,but may be now..

3. Thanks 1939Fiat and Jeff, i'm always interested in the racing scene from Southern Ontario,with my Dad being from Brantford. The guys from his old club,have been very generous with Swag and pics,etc. Myself being involved in racing here in BC,and in the US,as a crewman in T/A Hydros,T/A F/C,and T/F Harleys,i've met so many great people,and it's great to be acquainted with so many more,through the HAMB. Hopefully one of these days i'll sneak a picture of our Funny Car on here,i've got a really interesting one of it parked with one of Dale Earnhardt's cars (we also were GM Goodwrench sponsored).:D

4. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

So... no training on that coper? You must be pretty good at working on those things to just jump in with both feet.
    Good luck on the 649. ;)
    Joe

5. 31Oldschool

31Oldschool

Steve,

I forget what they charged me (that was back in the 80's) but the process wasn't such a big deal. I honestly don't know what kind of hassle it is now, but i'm sure that it isn't anything that can't be overcome. Heck, the current Nova Scotia Minister of Service and Municipal Relations is a member of a car club (early 60's Impala with some mods).

Keith

6. jfkheat

jfkheat

I'm not from Canada but I own a 68 Beaumont SD.
    James

7. canadianzed

canadianzed

So what is a Beaumont doing in South Carolina? I thought southern metal always worked its way north, not Canadian cars going south.

8. My roadster is from Montreal from what I`m told.I`m living in Goodwood Ontario and it is snowing and fricking cold.Glad my roadster is in California. Heated garage year-round with fellow Canadian John Denich.
    Bringing it home after the L.A. Roadster show this year. May be check out the cruise in Oshawa....Time-Bomb John

9. 51chief

51chief
    from gatineau

Gatineau ,qc i have a 1951 pontiac
    and we got a lot of snow
    !!! TABARNAK !!!

10. JEPPA

JEPPA

[​IMG]

11. thunderbay

thunderbay

I'm in Welland, ON right now going to school. Originally from Thunder Bay. I drive a 51 GMC pickup. Thought I would add that the Canadian GMCs came with Chevy engines prior to 53.

Attached Files:

12. Beecher

Beecher

Im in beamsville ON. Just across the lake from Toronto.

hey thunderbay, whats with all us young kids that joined in 04 but still only have a couple posts???

Im 24 by the way, finished school last year.

13. thunderbay

thunderbay

I've mostly just used the HAMB as a learning resource since I joined. I guess I felt that I've never had much to add. I've learned a lot here though.

14. deuceguy

deuceguy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Southern ON dudes, I grew up in Fort Erie, up until 97. Moved up to North Bay in '97.

15. TorchIndustries

TorchIndustries
    from BC, Canada

From Langley, BC, home of the Cruise-In car show. 2000+ cars last year!

16. Keswick Ontario north of Newmarket

17. koolkemp

koolkemp

LOL guess I should read before I post eh! Copier (photocopiers) ya me an 20 odd million other Canuks lookin for that winnin 649 ticket! Had an interview with a much bigger national outfit last Fri...should know more in the next 2 weeks more money, benefits ,and most inportantly decent tech support!!

Steve

18. koolkemp

koolkemp

I am sure they have more hoops to jump through now than ever before...are you gonna try an run fenderless? I have been told(?) Its a big no-no cops wont let ya get away with it around here? When do ya think you will be ready for the Maiden voyage?

Steve

19. 31Oldschool

31Oldschool

Steve,

I have accepted the fact that I have to run fenders. I picked up a set of trailer fenders from Princess Auto that made a real good foundation for my front fenders. The rear are already there. I hope to have her on the street and strip in '09. I tech at Greenfield Raceway in Queen's County so I might hit the track before the street.

Keith

20. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Well Steve... the joke is on me!
    I thought you meant copters! The flying kind. Talk about not reading properly! I'll use the excuse that I'm on painkillers. ;)

But after thinking about it, you have a crazier job than working on choppers. I've been in computers since the mid 80s. Some had suggested I get into copies but I was busy enough.
    You guys are always buried elbow deep in gears and toner and rushing around because, like choppers, it sure can be life-threatening when the copiers are down and the users are ugly about it.
    We had one user (or abuser) kick the crap out of one when it refused his demands.
    Good luck with the potential job change.

21. slopchop

slopchop

One more name for this list here...from Toronto though currently in Finland...will be back there soon I hope

22. fitzee

fitzee

Any of the east coast guys know who these guys are? Came across these rigs a few summers back at a show and always wonder who they were and if they are online. neat rides.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

I don't recognize them from my end of the world (Yarmouth), Fitzee.
    The plate looks like a New Brunswick after I zoomed in on it.
    I wonder how they manage to run without front fenders?

24. 52lomofo

52lomofo

charlottetown here also dont forget mercury trucks :)

25. 52lomofo

52lomofo

the 52 mercury truck is flatbroke's from around moncton i think the other from around the same area i think he got married at the atlantic nationals with it :)

26. fitzee

fitzee

Don`t think it is flatbroke,he is fron NC in the states.The guy who had it now has a 49- 50 ford car chopped flat black with flames,Think the truck was forsale and Yes you right on the second pic He got married at the nationals.That truck has flames now. Found these two truck at the Deburt show a few years back and have come across them in pictures friend have taken at the nationals.Seem these two guys do alot of driving in this rigs and get around.Here is the back of the F-100.This is what made it stood out in the crowd

[​IMG]

27. Insurance shouldn't be to much of an issue when you get it finished.. check out http://www.garysteevesinsurance.com/ they specialize in insurance for hot rods and classics...

ooh and yeah i'm in Hillsborough NB.. buried under the snow again!! Grrrrr

I'm looking for a 49 plymouth (prefer a business coupe) for my next project if anyone knows of any please let me know!!

28. 31Oldschool

31Oldschool

Sweeeeeeet! Thanks very much!

Keith

29. rustymetal

rustymetal

the truck with the flame throwers belongs to flatbroke 33 larry dutcher from moncton new brunswick and the model a truck is paul from the same place.

30. TRUCKENSTEIN

TRUCKENSTEIN

I know both Larry and paul well, on the Model A he starter with only a cowl and the rest of the body is hand made, Lots of hours in it but with great results