Register now to get rid of these ads!

1961 falcon / Moon discs or not

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evilfalcon1961, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Evilfalcon1961

Evilfalcon1961
    from Ma

i was wondering your guys opinions on putting moon discs on my falcon or just to leave the rim, i def want to get rid of the red rings.. maybe even paint the discss black any ideas.... maybe some photoshot thanks alot

[​IMG]

2. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

LOWER the ass end mate !

Those Mooneyes are looking almost straight DOWN.

3. The Shocker

The Shocker

Ditch the shackles on the rearend and get some lowering blocks ,then try and figure out what wheels and tires it needs...

4. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Maybe if you drop that sucker and trim it in a bonneville fashion....

5. Dirty2

Dirty2

I like the shakles . You may raise the front just a little ' but not gasser style. There is enough of them .The eyes a just a little to large . As far as disc's , if they are screw on find some beauty rings and screw them to the beauty rings . I like where your going with this.

6. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

You can't just paint the rims? Painted hub caps would be a big mistake.
    An I agree drop that rear end down a mile or so.
    Nice little car you've got there.

7. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Oh...and ditch the window tint. ;)

8. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

I like the early falcons. the "hot-rodded" look suits it well but I think it's a bit poserish with the six in it. I like the six cylinders done as a cruiser/custom. that look you are going for needs to be backed up by the power of an 8 cylinder

9. flip the whitewalls, paint the rims black, keep the chrome lugs, and keep the ass end in the air. Dropping the ass end might let you join the crowd, but since it is your car, why not be your own crowd.

10. Evilfalcon1961

Evilfalcon1961
    from Ma

thanks guys .. im always looking for opinions ...i might just get rid of the red rings and maybe get some new tires.. if seen a few with moon discs.. i cant decide

11. Evilfalcon1961

Evilfalcon1961
    from Ma

i dont have photoshop so here my attempt on now white wall haha [​IMG]

12. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

blackwheels and black tyres are plenty

[​IMG]

13. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

Black steelies and black walls are the best..of course they get better with redlines.. but yea.

Do they make 4 lug spider caps? Chrome lugs and a chrome spider/bullet center is mighty tasty. Course lower the assend... and if you dont lower it, grab some skinny ass cheaters from Hurst!

14. Evilfalcon1961

Evilfalcon1961
    from Ma

i know !! i dont know if i could tuck them those wheel wells are tighttt

15. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

WHY?

not a stock diff????

16. I do mags up front and black steelies in back. I had a '60 Falcon that used to have 13" Cragar SS rims on it, looked cool.

17. ig'nant

ig'nant

I'd say no moons, and drop it. But I personally prefer a mild custom look to those old birds. I'd also get rid of some of that gimmicky star/dice/whatever else you have slapped on there.

18. Evilfalcon1961

Evilfalcon1961
    from Ma

yea it is but i never thought i could sqeeze some bigger tires in then then the ones i have now .. o well .. i guess im just scare to buy tires and they dont fit
    =(

19. slysball

slysball

Moons and blackwall tires. Lowered slightly. Ya gotta hide those 4 lugs.

20. thesupersized

thesupersized

alright...first you have to figure out what style you want the car (custom,stock, hot rod, gasser, super stock, etc)...in my opinion you cant attempt to make your car look fast (your cowl hood, hood pins, etc) if your going to keep your 4 lugs...

21. creepyjackalope

creepyjackalope

It sits like a cat in heat.

22. Mike

Mike

I like the raked stance, gives the car the hot rod or street racer look. I'd paint the wheels either white or black, turn the white walls around and leave the stance alone.

23. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

Keep the pinner whitwalls,paint the wheels black,with just a baby moon hubcap. I agree with the lowering of the rear. I like a level low best. White shiney paint,with some subtle pinstripes,would make it look like high school,1965....

24. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

Ain't nothin' wrong with 4 lugs. Heres a pic of my 62 with Moon Saturn discs, but you get the general idea of what it'll look like.

[​IMG]

25. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Depends on what you wanna do.
    Either way, I'd say keep the thin-stripe whitewalls you're rollin' right now. They're period-perfect--and they're radials.
    I think you're running 13s, so here's my prescription:
    Not sure what your local hubcap emporiums have to offer, but Ford actually made some really bitchen 13-inch full wheelcovers for Falcons and Comets in the early '60s. They're not too hard to find. I would use those--and slam it level all the way around. Cut coils up front; longer u-bolts and blocks out back. Get yer front re-aligned and you're done.
    Oh, and maybe your choice of metallic paint on the rims, for that little swatch of color you'll be left with, with full wheelcovers.
    Or, if you want to race it up, keep it on a rake and ... black out the rims and no hubcaps. That, or paint your rims gloss black and run baby moons and no beauty rings.
    Good luck with it. I had a '63 1/2 Sprint that was my daily driver for 12 years, and I love early Falcons.

26. There's something appealing about that mobile. You could go black wheels with redline tires. I like the narrow whitewalls, too. Or, just keep it fun and pick up hubcaps off the road, and/or buy 4 different plastic spinner hubcaps. Change them at will.

Does that have a 144, 170, or something else got swapped in? 2-speed automagic or 3-on-the-tree? I'm thinking work on making it a little more stout with what you got, or a 200/T5.

Thanks,
    Kurt

27. Here's my skyjacker mockup. I'll put a good shine on the Turbocoupe spares and put real tires on them. Extending the front sheetmetal a foot for that funnycar look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. The Shocker

The Shocker

Yeah , i past 4 other gasser Falcons on the way to work this morning and 2 of them were Ranchero Falcons.How many lowered ones do you see at shows versus straight axled ones ?

29. weez

weez

The symbols all over the car and black panels/bumper are giving it an "art car" look. I like the colonial white with black roof (Why not shiny black?) I think they look god as improved-upon stockers; Lowered, emblems shaved, 14's insdead of 13's, better hubcaps, etc. I don't think they should try to be hot rods, it seems like it's trying too hard. I want to build one as a sleeper that's just a clean bitchen car, with 302 hidden under the body colored hood. With chrome bumpers even. Just my opinion.

30. Powerband

Powerband

Damn!, Even that falcon looks great!. Who cares, paint the wheels pink if you want. I like em' with white wheels and OEM "bottlecaps": [​IMG] [​IMG] Never mind the 302, there ain't nuthin wrong with 4 Lug sixes: [​IMG] [​IMG] Powerband