Register now to get rid of these ads!

my sons flamed casket, RIP JOSH

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratster, Mar 3, 2008.

1. ratster

ratster

with so many people dying lately made me want to share these pictures.

most of you know by now that my son josh died on Nov 19th 2007. I just wanted you guys to see his casket that the guys in our car club painted to match Joshua's 57 Ford Wagon.

Josh was a hot rodder. He worked in a few shop in his short life, like Genes Hotrod repair when he was 16-17, Hotrod Harry's when he was 17-18 and Lucky One Kustoms 18-21. Josh loved old cars and owned this 57 Ford ranch Wagon, his wagon a very special to him, it was a gift from his mother after she had passed away when he was 16 years old. We rebuilt that 57, he drove that car every where, yes, he was the COOL kid in school., when he wasn't driving his 57 to school he drove our 27 Essex Roadster..He also had a 30 model A coupe that we drug out of a field when he was 14, when he was 17 he chopped the top on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also i would like to thank the HAMB for all the prayer and donations. Josh had 2 babies under the age of two.

2. Sounds like he was an awesome kid,you did well raising him!

Its sad but cool seeing this thread.

-Shiny

3. GatorO'dell

GatorO'dell

Now thats keeping it real! I am sure he is smiling where ever he is.

4. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Ratster, my deepest condolences on your loss. Looks to me like Josh got a proper farewell, albeit much too soon.
    RIP

5. Squablow

Squablow

Looks like he was an ICP fan too, judging by the hatchet man. A fitting tribute.

6. ratster

ratster

yes, he liked ICP

7. TINGLER

TINGLER

Oh man.

I'm getting choked up all over again. When I pulled into your driveway that morning after you called me and saw Josh's car setting there I just about completley lost it right there.

I think about Josh everyday.

:(

8. ratster

ratster

i know what you mean, i had the guys take his car over to Lucky One so i didn't have to see it everyday.

9. racerjohnson

racerjohnson
    from Fargo, ND

Sorry for your loss, but flames on a casket? ICP? Thats messed up.

10. ratster

ratster

its what he wanted

11. Thanks for sharing those with us,he was obviously a really cool son. What a terrible loss.

12. sorry for your loss

13. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm very sorry about your loss. Losing your wife and your son that must be so very hard. I think the casket is way cool. Even in your grief you did something that your son would have loved. My thoughts are with you.
    Gasser Girl

14. stevilknievel

stevilknievel

Very sorry for your loss.

15. agreed, completely.

16. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

So sorry for your loss, what a great tribute by friends/clubmembers.

17. Gerg

Gerg

I hope when i go out people think to do things like this RIP juggalo and hot rodder!

18. ..... as it should be.

I saw the red roadster you showed me that he painted a while back. The kid sure could spray some paint.

Josh was a good one.

Hope you're doing OK. I'm ready for spring so we can all get back out.

JH

19. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I dont know what to say, you know.... it is pretty cool and all. Its how I'd want mine.
    I hope your okay, Ratster

20. yup, beautiful.
    thanks for sharing.

21. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Sorry for your loss.

22. Rich started this thread to express how supportive friends can be when faced with the unthinkable,,,

Josh was a good guy and his friends honored him in a fitting manner as a tribute to his hot rod involvement,,,he lived it and was passionate about it.

I wasn't there for the funeral,,,but I heard about the casket,,,,I'm sure Josh would have approved,,I know Rich did and still does.

Our club,,consisting mainly ol' farts painted a founding club member's casket Ford blue and it had a nicely painted V8 emblem on the lid along with a big Ford script ,,,It also had a Tri-City Rod & Custom sticker on it.

We are all different,,,I for one admire Rich for his strength,,,and his convictions,,,the man has lost more than most people could endure,,,yet he is the same guy he was the first time I met him.

So, racerjohnson, in the future remember what you were taught as a child,,If you don't have anything nice to say,,keep your mouth shut! HRP

23. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Man, sorry for your loss. It was a shock to Dad and I. Good deal on the casket. When my grandpa died a couple years back, Dad and I stiped his up. He was a welder/fabricator.

I hope we get to see you somewhere this summer.. If I have work to do at Alloways I'll drop a a line.

Our thoughts go out to you buddy.

Joshua Shaw

24. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

That is awesome....Hot Rod Heaven for Josh.

25. 38pickup

38pickup

Ratster, Thanks for posting this ... Although I did not know him he seemed like a great kid. R.I.P Josh

26. Ron

Ron

Sorry for your loss I can only imagine how hard it has been, thanks for sharing.

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I think it's extremely fitting. More people should do what pleases them in this world and not worry about what others think. I would love to have a purple metallic casket with some stripes on it. I really need to make my wishes known to the family.

Rich, thanks for sharing the photos. I had heard about it but had not seen it. Josh would be proud.

28. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

RIP Josh. Heaven sure has a lot of great hot rod builders up there.

29. james

james

I'm really sorry for your losses. I don't know how I'd handle lossing either of my daughters or my wife, much less both ina few years. The casket really shows how much you loved him. Too many people (like that one poster) only want to do what's "proper".......what you did is a real tribute. We all hope when we die someone putss that much thought and love into something for us. And obviously this isn't the first time----the fact that you and your son redid mom's car is a touching tribute.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you....

30. Von Franco

Von Franco

With much respect to you and your son Josh R.I.P.