Register now to get rid of these ads!

Crazy slogans painted on the back of drag cars!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRod28AR, Feb 27, 2008.

1. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

My first 56' Chevrolet bracket car, a 150 sedan that was painted refridgerator white, was called DANDELION, like the Rolling Stones song. On the deck lid was a line from the song, "Dandelion will make you wise". So a friend letters on the back of his 69" Firebird 400, "Blow away Dandelion", another line from the same song.

2. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

I'm gonna have ta ask Jerry Gaskill if that guy drove that car sitting backwards.
    Look where the front of his helmet is pointing!

Back about 15 years ago I had a '40 Chevy pick-up with a Ford motor, trans, and rear in. On the tail gate I wrote.....
    "The Heartbeat of this Chevy comes from Dearborn'.

3. boss9

boss9

Back of my roundy-round Malibu in the early 80's...
    "Kickin' ASSphalt"

4. slikfrick

slikfrick

No slogan but when I was a kid there was an A990 Plymouth down the street that had a bunch of cartoons muraled on the sail panels and deck lid. The one I remember best was an elephant sitting on a rat. Another one was a bull shittin' a light bulb. Last I heard the car was in GA.

5. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

On the back of Howards "Twin Bears" car was lettered ,
    "some days you eat the bear,some days the bear eats you"
    A guy brought a 55 Chev. to the HHRR at Noble,it didn't have a slogan but all the way around the car were these little spots and when you looked closer they were stick boys and girls doing nasty stuff.LOL

6. Wowcars

Wowcars

Back in the '60s Dad used to run with Wes Rydell when Wes had his Fuel Injected Straight Six Chevy powered Anglia. On the nose he had painted "Sweet Smooth and Sassy Super Strong Suckin 6". Engineering that Wes did on that car was amazing.

7. plan9

plan9

15oz coupe... not a slogan though, photo is from a character that goes by Rotten Rodney :)

"There is a difference"
    [​IMG]

8. In the mid sixties a local legend named Foster Mays ran an altered wheelbase A990 Mopar called the The Wildcatter that had "Hot Car For A Cool Cat" lettered on the rear and cartoon pics of an oil derrick on the rear quarters.

9. My buddy's SuperGas 64 GTO ,on the trunklid..." This Vehicle Converts Cash Into Noise"
    'nuther bracket car has NC personalized license tag... "NOLFTURN" (no left turn)

10. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

My 57 G/MP from the 60's.
    [​IMG]

11. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

I had a couple.

"Follow Me"

And

"You Cummin' Or What"

12. SDR Mike

SDR Mike

There was a Corvette that ran at the old L.A.C.R. that on the back of it said " On a clear night you can hear a Ford Rust". Thought that was pretty good.

13. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

on the back of my old altered I had a big ole rat fucking a coors can. under it said your next...........

14. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

My buddy has a '68 Roadrunner thats an ex drag car put back on the street
    across the trunk says "The Opra aint over till the FATLADY sings"
    The hoodscoop is lettered "FATLADY"

15. I remember going to a car show with my parents when i was little, fell in love with a bad ass off white ford thunderbolt clone, on the back of the deck lid it said 'bye bye chevy'

16. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Old drag car built in '56 and raced in the 50's - mid-60's, then stored away until a couple of years ago.................

and the bullet holes were left where they were when he found the car in a field.

[​IMG]

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A member of the family that owned the dealership I worked for in Texas bought that Camaro or at least the 69 Convertable and that slogan was still on it when he raced it in the mid 70's.

18. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

my favorite one is on the side of the car.....Color Me Gone!! if i remember right it was a old Dodge funny car with a killer candy job on it.

19. Fiddy has one on his Willys that says "YES ITS FAST- NO YOU CAN'T DRIVE IT!"

20. brandon

brandon

that car is still running around..... lettered back to "mr. crude"..... brandon:D

21. beetlejuice55

beetlejuice55

the badman 55 chevy says "adios mother" on the trunk....not mofo

22. beetlejuice55

beetlejuice55

on the upper right corner of the windshield of my nitroused big block 71 chevelle it read "sewer gas 10.0"
    stickers on the valve covers said "boneless". these came from a butcher shop and were supposed to be put on meat packaging.

bumper sticker on my 68 big block nova "as a matter of fact, i do own the road"
    sticker on the fan shroud said "this is shit that proof runs".

painted on the rear diff of my small block chevy powered 73 jeep cj-5 "kiss snatcher". painted on the front diff was "vise-versa".

on the side of my friends 66 nova drag car it said "the mouse that roared". it had a hilborn injected big block chevy in it. the car was orange, and the lettering was done in gold leaf.
    on the trunk lid it said "cheezy chevy too".
    the shift knob was big rubber mouse, and it had mousetraps for plug wire looms.

23. A couple that I have seen(and even painted a couple).

On the rear axle center section of a severely raked T roadster:"If you can't stop.....SMILE as you go under!"(My friend's 27 T roadster,"ICED T")

On the ring gear protective cover of the AA/GD "North Wind" owned by Dick Roberts: "If you LOVE them....PROTECT them!"

One of the best I've ever seen was on the tank of a twin engined Triumph fuel bike owned by the infamous Dwayne Taylor.For those who don't know Dwayne,he was a very prolific cam grinder from around the Atlanta Georgia area in the 1950's and 60's.His specialty was building really hot Triumph drag bikes.Dwayne was also one of the few famous builders of African-American descent. He also apparently had a wry sense of humor as the name of the bike was the,"Deuce of Spades".

24. throttle

throttle
    from sfsd

Not a dragster, but my friend had "The Ugly One" on the back of his '60 ford truck and on the dash was "Whiskey Bent And Hell Bound".

25. Chevy Gasser

Chevy Gasser

The guys name who built "Mr. Chevy" was Van Heck. On the back of all his stock cars he had painted, "Goin' like Heck".
    As a tribute to Van, I put that on the rear bumper of his old gasser.

"You don't need front brakes, they only slow you down."

26. M2Pilot

M2Pilot
    from Eastern NC

I occasionally see a Vette at VIR (sorry,road course,not a drag strip) that has a painting of dollar bill with wings & the slogan "Turning Money Into Memories".

27. "That's all she wrote"
    "Send lawyers, guns and money" "You can't put a price tag on a good time." On a rat rod "all trash, no trailer."

28. Wowcars

Wowcars

29. In the early 1970,s i had 'kwityerbellyaykin' on the trunk lid of my 1962 EK Holden.

30. Rat Rod Roach

Rat Rod Roach
    from Aurora CO.

on the back of the Mokan Morris......
    When it's runnung, it's done.

I think it's a Garlts quote

Roach