Register now to get rid of these ads!

My new '57 Chev wagon...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T-Roy, Feb 24, 2008.

1. T-Roy

T-Roy

The previous owner said the 283 was not rebuildable, so they opted for building a 350. It's got a rebuilt TH350 trans with a 2100 stall converter. Eventually would like to put a 4 speed in it, but probably won't happen any time soon.

First and foremost is to repair the existing rust holes before they get any worse. The cowl at each corner of the windshield is rusted through. There's a small bit of rust along the rockers, pass floor and the drip rail. All in all a really solid car.

The front end has already been rebuilt, with new coil springs and a 1" sway bar. It's also got new KYB shocks at all four corners.

If I tint the windows at all, it'll be a really light tint. It'll definitely get dropped a few inches front and rear. Interior wise it's in ok shape, as in it'll do for now. But, it will eventually have tuck and roll interior and a new carpet kit.

Thanks for all the comments, good and bad. I dig the whites. I think it pulls the car together with that long white roof. It looked too plain with the black walls.

2. T-Roy

T-Roy

That's correct. This car is a 210 Handyman. The PO installed the BelAir sail panels. It's still got the 210 trim on the dash and no door handles. It must be that in order to get door handles, you had to get the Bel Air option...:rolleyes:
    Anyone know for sure?

I've also seen 150 trimmed cars with no interior door handles.

3. KCsledz

KCsledz

Unless you can find a unpitted center bar it would be easier to buy a repop. They are easy to come by with all of the tri-5 parts companies out there.

By the way nice looking wagon! Welcome to the club!

4. slo60

slo60

hey man... i saw this at your work today and was checking it out... sweet that its yours... looks like a fun new car...

keith

5. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Welcome the the Wagon Club!!!! :D