Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mopar 8 track player

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Drlector3, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Drlector3

Drlector3

So I wanted to put an 8 track player in my 65 fury just for the fun of it. I went to ebay and typed in Mopar 8 Track player.. $BIN 249.99[​IMG] no thanks. In fact I really couldn't find a decent one for less than $70.00 total. I did end up finding one tonight, it was a new in box Sparkomatic for 30 bucks total, so I thought what the hell. Which brings me to the reason for my post. While looking at the Chrysler 8 track player for 249, I decided that I would take the front of it and have a sticker made for the cassette door on my sparkomatic. So here is what I came up with, please tell me what you all think of the font and etc. I plan to do it in flat black just so it doesn't look so corny etc. Anyhow, here it is:

[​IMG]

2. pecker head

pecker head

COOL ! If you like it I love it ! The one on the right looks funny , but I have been smoking some weed !

3. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

Will they count off for spelling? Or did they speel like that in '65? j/k

I have an old school Mopar guy helping me rebuild a '64 318 from a Fury. do you want me to see if he has one he will part with?

Jay

4. Drlector3

Drlector3

Yea man, that sounds great! Thanks.

5. cool idea! if it was mine i would have a mopar "star" then simply 8-TRACK.

6. I think Sparkomatic was about the cheapest brand 8 track you could get anywhere. They sold them at Kragens for about $12.99. A step up from that was a $19.99 Motorola. My first "sound system" in 1975 was a demo model $19.99 Motorola 8 track and a pair of Craig speakers that they threw in for free. It had a whopping 2 watts per channel.

7. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

8. Squablow

Squablow

I know what the originals look like up close and I think your fonts are way off (in addition to being really pixelated)

I think you'd be better off to find the label off of a 60's era NOS parts box and glue it to your 8-track door. Then clearcoat it or maybe just cover it with a clean piece of packaging tape so it's shiny.

(Honestly, $249 for a factory original one doesn't seem that out of line to me. But I'm into musclecar-era stuff and I know what that shit can go for. I was thrilled to get the AM/FM 8-track setup for my GTO for a little over $200)

9. Drlector3

Drlector3

Thanks for all of the advice, I have chosen to redo it based on your answers. This time I used a Mopar Logo, changed the font; The closest I could find to the "Stereo-8 font" was just a basic block font. Also cleaned up the pixels a bit ( Will redo that also when I'm not on my small screened laptop) anyhow here's a new picture.

[​IMG]

This is actual size, 4" x 1" roughly. Anyhow, thanks again all.

10. Orange54

Orange54
    from Missouri

That's cool.

I got a brand new in the box Craig 8 track player missing the wiring harness for free from a co worker. It's going in my 68 plymouth satellite. My grandpa repaired the am radio for me. I figure circa 68 that was a sweet and common set up! Maybe back it up with an amp, rear deck speakers, and an aux input for mp3, ipod etc.

11. Eh hemm I just happen to know a guy with a few new in the box motorola and r.c.a. 8-tracks...under dash and in-dash.. are these worth anything??

12. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

I remember seeing 8 track tape strewn along the roads back in the day...there was a reason my friends a very real reason :D:D:D