Register now to get rid of these ads!

cars on state land?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Acey_Deucey, Feb 27, 2008.

1. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

What is the deal with old car bodies on state land? Can anybody just take them? I know where so many are! 2 38 ford pickup cabs with doors, 2 32 chevy fordors, a 36 ford tudor....the list goes on. so whats the deal?!?!

2. did you try asking the wildlife and fisheries? just ask if you could be a good citizen and clean up a small part of public land as your civic duty.. that or just go get the parts and run like hell..

3. elwood blues

elwood blues

hook a brother up I'm moving to boise on Saturday!

4. Horsepower67

Horsepower67

Simply stated, anything on state land, including long abandoned cars, belongs to the state. Whether they care if you take it or not is something different.

5. DAHEMIKOTA

DAHEMIKOTA
    from Tenn

It would seem proper to take the stuff if you are a tax paying citizen of that state. Your taxes have been paying to keep the stuff on public land. Just make sure it is not being retained for unpaid tax or criminal cases. Dan

6. chaddilac

chaddilac

I think I'd load em up... if someone catches you what are they gonna say, "put it back"??

7. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

would love to help out elwood but your like 600 miles south of me. im damn near the canadian border. about 20 miles away. and im about 10 miles away from montana. im way up in the middle of nowhere!

8. GREASEMONKEY72

GREASEMONKEY72

9. itsahemithing

itsahemithing

Save what you can.
    Sims metal are crushing everything they find on people`s farms in OZ.Farmers with paddocks can no longer keep car bodys on there own land, must be in shed or crushed

10. a bloke

a bloke

You certainly wouldn't catch me just going and taking them.
    I'd go at night, and make sure there was nobody around...

Seriously though, in 10 years, will you regret not getting them?

11. duke182

duke182

call up the forestry department, ask them what the rules are for removing junk from state land. then act accordly. absolute worst things that could happen: you have to pay scrap prices, they crush em, or they stay put and rust away.
    take a chance, make a phone call and ask somebody who might really know what the hell is the truth in idaho. goodluck!

12. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

thanks for the advice guys. soon as the snow melts, im gonna get all of them! to give you and idea, the snow is over the roof of the 36. so give it about a month, and i will have a bigger collection!

13. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

It sounds as though you are in an area where you may be aquainted with the local law anyway. If someone stops you while you are loading up,just say you are into 'enviro' things and are doing your bit to clean up the place. They might even give a few pointers where some more may be laying about. :)

14. a buddy was caught with a large load of used tires at construction site.
    the cops made him unload every tire he had and put them back on the ground .. he quickly did as he was told and did not get in trouble

they had a few there as a unloading cushion and now have10 times as many

so pictures of loading and unloading look the same .. its all a matter of timing

15. Some times it's better to ask for forgivness than permission.

16. mud bucket

mud bucket

I was lucky, I happen to live in the same town where the state wildlife and parks office is for Kansas. It took me a few visits and phone calls to get ahold of the right guys, but I told them what I wanted and where it was, even offered to pay for it. They told me I could just have it, and gave me their names with permission for anyone who asked me what I was doing. It was the longest trip for hauling out a car out on back because I couldn't drive on the ground, but well worth it. Thanks to good friends who helped, I got all of my garnish moldings plus for my 27 tudor. Never hurts to ask, and it feels a whole lot better.

17. That`s the policy I use with my wife. :)

18. My advice is just drive up like you own the fucking place and load the shit up ---- then haul ass.

19. 067chevy

067chevy

I don't think you would get in trouble if you were out there picking up trash. Alot of people look at old cars as being trash or junk and I think I would be the good person that would go out there and clean up there trash and junk as some people call it and then recycle it my way. Cleaning up the enviroment

20. ryno

ryno

if you do a search on this topic you will find all kinds of mixed responses. some threads are all gun ho for going in and getting that shit, some are calling you a theif and will go on for pages about how bad of a person you are.do what you feel is right.........

21. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

....or "go to jail. Do not pass go"

22. flynstone

flynstone

dont forget the rag covering a good part of your licence plate,,,,,,,,,,,,just in case

23. kustombypook

kustombypook

What if it was an old refrigerator or washer or just plain old junk. Would going out and cleaning it up be against the law? It's not like you are taking a whole, running car, just parts. In my opinion, go for it, you are just cleaning up the enviornment.

24. Larry T

Larry T

25. rstanberry

rstanberry
    from terrell tx

best to ask forgiveness than permission!

26. metalman

metalman

Knowing my luck I'd get caught and either get hit with a big fine or worse, arrested ( our state arrested Bobby Unser for just driving his snowmobile in an area of "public land" without permission). I'd try to find out which department controls the land (forest dept, public P&R, BLM ect) and try to get permission. We did it once, the forest dept let us take one as long as we agreed not to damage the area, no tree cutting, ect.

27. i work for the great state of Kansas.. sometimes stuff is sitting for a reason.. we have a lot of "junk" on our properties.. but there are guys that know exactly what is there and would know if it came up missing. They wouldn't be happy about it and they wouldn't just tell you to put it back.

I had some stuff liberated from my garage a couple weeks ago.. I really don't like the idea of taking something that isn't mine.. no matter who it belongs to.

28. Amazing that someone will ask if it's all right to go on someone else's land and take something that doesn't belong to them. Then they make a decision based on what people here say to do. Then we have to pay for the public defender.

29. Get some magnetic signs made up for your truck...Bureau of Property Clean up. Wear a hard hat and a vest and clean that shit up.....

30. 37FABRICATION

37FABRICATION

There are a few areas here in Texas close to Mexico that are littered with 20's/30's rejects. A few of us have also talked about making a run down there with some trailers. What to do, what to do...