Register now to get rid of these ads!

Big Olds Detailing Party

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Do you know of which you speak? Denise has a LOT of friends here, and Big Olds has a lot of friends too. When she needs help, we listen, and are more than happy to help.

If I could be there I would be, conspiracy of time and distance isn't going to allow it this time, but I will be there at least on Sat. for the Autorama.

2. Never2low

Never2low

Sounds cool. I'd like to help, and meet & greet before Cobo. I have a quart of POR and a couple cheap brushes, if that helps. I might be able to snag the small power washer from my shop, also. I'll check back later in the week to confirm.:rolleyes:

3. Wesley

Wesley

crawling under a car and scrubbing is one of the few things I am qualified to do, but alas, I do not have a green card that will allow me to cross the Mason-Dixon line anymore. LOL
    I would love to help you out Denise, but the commute is more than I can afford.

4. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I wish I could come to help but you know the drill, I have to go work at my Florida office :( ;)
    Never fear though, I will be there ASAP Wed night for the set up and final prep.
    I can't wait! Big Olds is going to look so hot! :D

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Denise..I cant commit..so no promises..but if i can make it I will be there. If I can talk my wife into attending and my daughter , i will bring my own team. Alot is going on right now, but if there is a window. we will jump thru it. will let you know.

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Got home last night at 2am, I was at work at 8am....I'm beat. COMPELTEY worth it though:D

Big Olds has never looked better, EVER.

Earl Schieb did a FANASTIC job of fixing all the boo-boos that have happened over the last 40,000 miles. He did a GREAT job on the windows, they roll up and down effortlessly, fit snug to the top and A pillar and sit in all the chrome window trim perfectly. I couldn't be happier with the job he's done.

He also painted the engine, in between the fins on the valvecovers and fin air cleaner top, the brake booster and reservior which both were covered in surface rust, and he painted the fenderwells. We both sanded and painted in the inside of the hood.

Mike also made a killer new hood prop....no more dirty white plastic PVC pipe.:D

We did drop spindles the last time I was down there so the stanced looks great. Mike did change out my front wheels as there was not enough clearance. Right now it will have to do but I really need 195's now....sometime in the spring I'll get with Coker.

Lots of other little things were done, too many to list.

I looked at Big Olds sitting there last night in the barn on Michigan soil and just stared, not believing he's finally "done" and looking so wonderful and wishing more then anything I could call Steve and share the GREAT news. If anyone deserves to be at Cobo next weekend standing next to Big Olds it is certainly Steve Hendrickson...without him starting Project Big Olds I would have never had the opportunity to finish him.

I'd like folks to just think about Steve for a minute or so when you view Big Olds next weekend and remember all that he has done for this hobby.

I would LOVE it if you could make it George. As far as bringing anything I think I've got it covered but if you can think of anything I'll reimbuse you for any products you bring that you think might come in handy.

I was thinking the same thing....kinda like full circle from the time he was started that spring day in 2004 at Franks place till now. I'm so happy you can make it again.

Yes, I got one from HulaZombie. He sent it directly to Earl Schieb who is still working on it and will bring it with him to Detroit on Thursday.

I heard you were back.....I'm surprised you weren't knocking on Scott's door LAST Saturday for the party.;):p:D

Thanks anyway bud for the offer but I needed it a month ago and got it covered. Aprreciate the offer though.

Love to have you join us. I've never used POR15 before, I've used Rust Bullet which I believe is similiar except for it's grey which would be a two step process because I would need to spray black over it afterwards. If you bring the POR I will gladly reimburse you for it.

Also, a local biker pal lurkers on the HAMB and called me yesterday and offered his power washer. He's going to drop it off here at the house incase he has to work on Saturday ad can't make it. BUT I'm not sure if I'm going to use one or not. The body is so detailed right now I don't want to make a mess of it. Big Odls has been at least 3 states away for the last 6 months and I have not had access to a hoist or the time actually to do the detailing in any other order then what I did.

Until the truck and trailer arrived on Thursday after work I still was not 100% sure I was even trailering him home, I could have ended up driving him if my good pal Ralphs56 didn't do me this HUGE favor by obtaining a truck and enclosed trialer for the weekend.

Your help, along with everyone elses will be greatly appreciated this weekend.

He does already! I can't wait for you to see him. He'll take your breath away.

We're going to miss you on Saturday. I KNOW you'd rather be up here helping then in Florida......don't get sunburned:p

7. Call me strange, but I felt like Steve was looking over my shoulder SEVERAL times while Big Olds was here :).
    Steve and this car struck a chord with me 15 years ago when it's constuction was being shared with anybody that picked up Rodder's Digest. HAMB(do-it-yourself) mentality before the HAMB existed:cool:

btw....Big Olds will NEVER be "finished"....(are they ever?) ;)

8. Since I can't be there for the work party, (yes, party), I hope you can post pics, Denice. I've watched the Big Olds saga for quite a while and am proud to see him be in the big time show building. He'll probably be the only car there with cool travel stories. I sure it would be worth many extra judging points to show all the places he has been.

Have a bunch of fun, you guys. Work hard, there's a lot of energy in cookies. Use it wisely...

9. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

You've always been there for us, Denise. I wish I could be there for you, but in spirit anyway. please share pics of the party with us when she's done.

All those pics and stories you've posted around here, I'd get filthy dirty anytime on your car for you!

10. KATFISH

KATFISH

Durn it!

I'll be sorting my sock drawer that day......

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Can I PLEASE call him "finished" at least for the summer??:p My head and pocketbook need a break.:D

Fresh baked on Friday night waiting for Saturdays consumtion:D

Sounds kinky:D.....and you know I'll post photos of the "party";)

Exciting news....The PR person for Championship Auto Shows/Detroit Autorama is working OVERTIME for sure! I just finished my 4th interview in the last couple of days. The lastest reporter is with the Detroit Free Press. They are sending out a photographer to Saturdays gig. He LOVED the story of the car and how my friends are helping to get him ready. He said it will be in the Thursday March 6th edition. Woo hoo!

12. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

good luck my friend !

13. jerry

jerry

Congrats Denise!

I just wish that I was closer to help to detail your undercarriage.

hugs, jerry

14. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

You REALLY need to research who you're bashing on here FNG. Better yet, read this WHOLE thread and figure it out if you're capable. :rolleyes:

I'll send you a PM Denise...

15. Bookz

Bookz

Those who live by publicity have to remember it won't all be good.

16. you better post up some pictures!!!!!

17. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

bashing?
    I'd say Denise is perfectly capable of fighting her own battles,but redline rocket is asking a perfectly reasonable question...how about you answer it for him?

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

It wasn't a reasonable question, it was sarcastic question that I chose to ignore, just like I'll be ignoring you in the future. Many folks on this site, my friends, LIKE to come over, help out, and feel part of the build. They've been doing it for over five years now and actually ASKED if/when Big Olds was coming home and what they could do to help out.

Too bad a slight few on this site are so jealous all they can do is hate, while the majority are THRILLED that Big Olds has gone from junkyard to car show and they have been able to watch the complete progress first in Rodders Digest Magazine and over the last five years here on the HAMB.

Bummer you, Bookz and Redline don't have friends that would come over and help you on your car....well, I guess not Bookz cuz he doesn't even have a car....do you? Does Redline??

Big Olds looks AWESOME and no one can spoil my party!

Photo taken by FatLuckys
    [​IMG]

19. Denise....

I'm so happy for you and Big Olds. I'm also sorry I can't make it down to help, especially after all the favors you have done for me in the past few years. If I'm really lucky I will get down to see Big Olds under the lights of Cobo.

Good Luck!

Phil Kiteley and Family:)

20. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

I gotta tell you that car is amazing. I've seen it in person as have many here because Denise drives the shit out of it. If I lived closer than 2000 miles I'd be there... and, once I get my crap set up at the show our whole crew be honored to stop over at the big olds to offer a hand on any last minute details.

21. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Big Olds rules... and next week I'm gonna look underneath... sorry I can't make it for the detailing, but well lets just say I'm knee deep in getting mine ready... I'll be downstairs though... they won't let me play with the grownups yet...

22. SHAME ON YOU, YOU JEALOUS HATERS!!! :eek:::D

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

There's another one sticking his fucking nose in where it doesn't belong. Why do you, or the others, even open up my posts if you don't care for me......can't stand not know what's going on??

Z, Chaz, H-Bob, looking forward to seeing all you guys next weekend....and Zman....I can't wait to see you on your knees:D

24. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

Awww Gezze, Denise you picked the wrong weekend for me to join in on the detailing.
    My specialty is picking the stones out of the tire treads!
    (as well as makin' those white walls clean as the driven snow!!)

I was by your place just a couple of weeks ago!
    (well ... I was in an airplane flying over :D )

Hope everything gets done on time.
    And ... GOOD LUCK in the show!!

Luv ya lady!
    Digger

25. Bookz

Bookz

You are correct Denise at present my next car is a growing pile of components as it takes time to get everything together to build a truely traditional car using pre 48 components. When work starts in serious on it (soon) I am sure a couple of phone calls will get any help I need.

Why look at your threads?.....mainly I guess out of curiousity to see how far you can take your ego stroking publicity seeking. I guess at least you do share it around being a big noter on at least one street rodder board. As I commented those who seek publicity have to accept they can't control what kind they get. Must admit I do love the photo of you that is floating around the net.

26. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Dude, just shut the fuck up... you're making yourself look worse and worse... Denise has been nice enough to share her travels and her build with all of us... a ton of us appreciate it for what it is.. now you want to try and turn it into something else, crawl back in your hole....

27. Denise has helped this community for many years as did justSteve, the man who started BigOlds' public transformation so many years ago. BO has been followed by many of us for well over decade. Denise's excitement is shared by many more and far better hot rodders than you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.