Register now to get rid of these ads!

Eddie's 31 A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eddie's chop shop, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Got to drive the car again on Saturday. Been waiting for the rain to stop for a week. It is awesome!! Definitely need some baffels, it hurts the ears over 2500 rpm. Seems really solid goes nice and straight spinning or hooking up. I think the car may be a surprise on how good it hooks with some "real" slicks on it.

[​IMG]

2. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Been working on leather, finally got the seats done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

This thing is actually really a nice ride, seats are comfy and suspension rides nice. Rides better than my vette.

4. tjroadster

tjroadster

Dude, Saw the A at Autorama. SWEET!!! I'm still getting parts. Once I have time I'll start actually building. Might need some help if you're down for some more frame work.

5. Chopperman

Chopperman

6. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Anything I can do, just let me know. Hopefully if the weather is nice this weekend I'll get the car out get some heat in the tires and see what really happens!

7. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Your dad's car gonna be driving this summer?
    . We need to have an "A" run.

8. tjroadster

tjroadster

Let me know when you're going to do that. Might be fun to watch.

9. Chopperman

Chopperman

30 days out.

I'm in the ZONE..

10. Chopperman

Chopperman

This car is gonna be worth some $$$$

11. I love the car!! I know how much time you have spent on things that nobody will even see. You are one dedicated artist!!! I wonder how many people have copied and save some of the pictures here? I have a Whippet file that is loaded with pictures from this site and have it as a slide show when my computer goes into sleep mode. Then I get to see all the cars I think are cool, and yours my friend ranks way up there!!! Keep posting!!!

12. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Few of us are meeting up at Denny's in orangevale this sunday 8:30 for anyone interested

13. Itchijohnson

Itchijohnson
    BANNED
    from Colorado

I just got a chance to look over the whole thread, and you did a great job. I recently picked up my first 31 five window, and this post has defenitly motivated me to get busy on it. Would love to see a pic of that beast throwing out a good hazer.

14. Motorbreath

Motorbreath

Hello Eddie, my name is Eddie. I think you have done an awesome job. I'm hoping later down the line once I have some more $$ and a garage I can build something even near this level.

15. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

I've been wanting to get some video up and just haven't gotten around to it. Finally got the line lock hooked up though so I can lay down some serious smoke!! tomorrow I am starting on my catch can for the breather hose, gonna be a little different I'll post some pics.

16. AHotRod

AHotRod

I'm so glad to see that someone else loves to build 'Out-side-the-box' style HotRods.... Great job!

17. JimSibley

JimSibley

Man,
    I like this car. Not to big on the traditional side, but cool as hell in my book.

18. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Hey... haven't pulled up this thread in awhile. I have some updates just need to put the pics on computer.

Ran the car at the track for the first time a few weeks ago. Spun through the first two gears, banged the rev limiter, blew out the head gaskets in third..... Going again tomorrow, hoping for a little better result.

I'll have to get some real tires on here if I hope to reach the cars potential.

The leather roof is about half done, Every square inch will be tooled with hotrod related stuff, and just some shit I like.

Car is a blast, driving it as much as I can

19. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

20. striper

striper

Holy shit Batman!

Haven't seen this thread before and just read page 1. My 4 y/o boy is calling me to play 'Snakes and Ladders' so I skipped to the last post.

I'm definitely coming back to fill in the middle bit. That car came out awesome. Now I just need to read about how you did it.

Congratulations!

Pete

21. chuckIII

chuckIII

:D Thats a badass build! :eek:

22. Glen

Glen

I almost PM'd you last week to ask for an update. Any pics of the baffle construction, I need to make some for my headers.

23. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Love the rear frame, lookin good.

24. Rathbone

Rathbone

Looks like ass. Isn't there a ratrod forum somewhere you could post this on?

25. skwurl

skwurl

Ecclesiastes 1:9-14 NIV) What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

GOD said it. So you know its true!

26. skwurl

skwurl

What a thread. Just finished it. Car looks good. Makes me wanna go do som e things I've been planning for my A

27. tmacracin

tmacracin

I think it needs some paint?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  28. SteadyT

SteadyT

Bad ass ride. Very nice

29. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zC9Iz84a-aE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zC9Iz84a-aE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This video was my third pass in the car. My finger slipped off the line lock and my burnout was pathetic at best. The guy next to me launches pretty good and beats my 2 tenths. Damnit!!!

The car felt flat on this pass.... But it sounds awesome!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  30. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Thanks for the compliments,

Above is a video from last night at the drags. I made one pass a few weeks ago and it wasn't pretty. So after some new head gaskets I tried it out again last night.

I only made two passes as it started sounding alittle off after the first pass and felt flat and sounded worse on the second pass. The first pass was an 11.88 and 118. It spins through first and second at less than full throttle. I have the coker dragsters on it now. I am deciding whether I want to get some real tires for it. I am sure I will as I would like to see what the cars real potential is. With a few more passes under my belt as well as dialing the car I am confident I can shave off some more time with the cokers...