Register now to get rid of these ads!

Candy Red?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sash, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Fasterthanu

Fasterthanu

I met a guy @ a show that said his candy red base was hot pink, I'm not sure about the validity of it though. (he had been doin a little sippin' that day) But the color was pretty outstanding. I wish I had sone pics.

2. strike a poser

strike a poser
    from Salinas,CA

Another suggestion, try copper as your base. It is in the temp. range of red and looks sooo deep when top coated. I use this when painting models and it looks killer in scale. As others had mentioned, make a color sample board but make it in a grid pattern. Paint rows of different base colors about 2" wide right to left. Then mask off from the bottom up leaving 2" exposed at the top. Paint 1st coat. Remove mask and lower 2 more inches, spray 2nd coat on 1st and 2nd exposed areas. Remove and repeat down the sample until you've covered the whole board with color.

When you paint, keep track of your coats so when you're finished you will have a real side by side comparison and give you a direction to head in for your car. One other thing, if you want a real good sample panel to compare light bending abilities of candies, paint your sample useing galvanized corragated roofing from the home center. Prep and prime as normal and then mask away. It's cheap and very effective in showing paint careteristicts in light.

3. BadLuck

BadLuck

my buddy paintd his car Brandywine and they used a gold base....but like said before, the base color will determine how dark and light the color gets...good luck...

4. Sash

Sash

Seriously? Thanks, thats sounds very interesting....did you use the HOK PBC 39 (Hot Pink Pearl)? Or something else.....Can you post pictures of it?