Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 chevy status

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mink, Feb 21, 2008.

1. mink

mink
    from CT

Thought i would share with you 'll the status of my budget build project. And try to keep this thread running. Its a 1932 chevy I bought my self as a graduation present. Bought the body for $800. It went through a fire. The body sat in my back yard wrapped up in tarp for a year. In the following summer i found a chassis found chassis. Its going to be traditional styled
    [​IMG]

Front grille found at swap for $5. Looks to me like the PO tried to chop the top.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  2. Looks good,always interested in another Chevy build.:D

Attached Files:

3. nice start , keep us posted on your progress ..

4. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

cool, a chevy.that should make for a nice hot rod.gonna keep the fenders on it?

5. Dirty2

Dirty2

Nice !! Keep it up .

6. BigRedDude

BigRedDude

Looking good, My 31 chevy is still in storage :(

7. Al Napier

Al Napier
    from Central CT

>>>I am from Middlefield, Ct (and looking for buddies/parts).>>>

Right in my back yard! I live on the Berlin/Cromwell/Middletown line, about a mile and a half from the big Aetna complex so we're probably less than 15 minutes apart.

No parts here, I'm into Nostalgia Funny Cars (my current project: http://napierrealty.com/images/fat_car_02-19_side.jpg ), but iffin' you need an occasional hand I'd be willing to help.

Al in CT

8. skottyknukkles

skottyknukkles

hey thats just like my baby! looking good

9. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Without wood in the bodies those pre 37 GM cars are real wobbly because the wood IS the structure, the sheet metal is window dressing.

10. mink

mink
    from CT

correct, thats while i will building an inner metal structure. skottyknukkles- hows that wood or was it replaced with metal. I could use some measurements from you down the road seeing that mine is the exact model of yours. That underslung chassis seems like alot of work. What are you going to do to the body??

11. looking good....

so what are the plans? full fendered? chopped? channeled?

seems like more and more 30's chevy owner are popping up...

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Cool beans. Nice to see another chevy in the works. I have always been a fan of those '32 hoods. You can see my own chevy on my signature.

13. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

keep up the good work scrounging parts help s a project along when times are tough ,

14. Hotrod1932

Hotrod1932
    from Oregon

Good to see another Chevy..I'm building a 32 also, but mines a 5 window. I'll have alot of left over parts if ya need any. Good luck and remember to have fun building it.

15. mink

mink
    from CT

Fixed my chassis properly- we'll its better.It stiffened the chassis up. Bought a corvair box, it will be interesting to see how i will be connecting the 38 column and shaft. through some single stage paint on some parts so it''ll hold up to the elimints. cutting the steel so i can box the chassis. going to tack it up. Hopefully i'll be able to get the engine in next

sorry i cant spell and got stubby thumbs. just dealing the cards i was dealt

Attached Files:

16. mink

mink
    from CT

Since my last post I removed all the body from the doors and smoothed the door out the old style with a hammer, dolly, torch and wet rag. I bought a minivan seat thats sitting in the basement . Also got a Free van seat in which i have shorten a foot or so.

Free engine was installed and camaro T-5 bought, drive shaft bought for $20. Its come to my attention that i may need to find a smaller engine.

Also got started on my steering.

[​IMG]

17. 35Chevy.com

35Chevy.com
    from New Jersey

Mink

Your built is looking good!

What are you using for an engine?

Is the Corvair box reversed?

Gary

18. mink

mink
    from CT

Gary

Thanks! I currently have a 250 ci straight 6 chevy bolted in, However there isnt much room for my feet . Hope I can fit the all three of the pedals in there.

The steering box is a reversed corvair

I also an investing in the ECI brake kit soon just a matter of finding the time and dimounting my front end and dring over there in my truck , lol

Are you running the ECI Kit

[​IMG]

19. 35Chevy.com

35Chevy.com
    from New Jersey

Yes I am running the ECI kit on the front, in the back I am using a bracket from Scarebird on my S10 rear
    [​IMG]
    Gary

20. mink

mink
    from CT

So disc all around?? What mastercylinder are you going to use, Corvette??

Using the old style tierods??

21. mink

mink
    from CT

Just got back from school . Stripped and painted the engine . Next to do is move the engine mounts up along the chasis to retrieve some leg rood inside

Attached Files:

22. mink

mink
    from CT

Went to ECI and picked up the disc brake kit. Waiting on some axle parts so kits just hanging around.

Attached Files:

23. 35Chevy.com

35Chevy.com
    from New Jersey

What transmission are you using?

Are those pedels going under the floor?

Gary

24. mink

mink
    from CT

Hey

The tranny im using is the Borg warner T-5 . After learning how expensive the pedal assembly that i want to use was i decided i'd was save the cash and build it my self. Im testing out the under the floor master cylinders. So far all is well just need to pick up a corvette master cylinder

25. 35Chevy.com

35Chevy.com
    from New Jersey

I am also going under the floor, going to try to use the origional pedal assembly. Im using a NV3500 5-speed from a V6 S10. The nv3500 was also used on chevy 1/2 ton trucks, Im hoping it will be stronger than the T5 from an s10. One thing Im not sure about is mounting my hydraulic master cylinder under the floor lower than the slave cylinder on the trans.

Gary

26. mink

mink
    from CT

Gary you may be able to mount a valve in between so that fluid doesn't flow backward just like how its done in brake system when the master cylinder is lower thasn the calipers .

27. Mink what is the radiator out of? I am building a 30 two door, and this is cool to see your progress coming along.

28. 35Chevy.com

35Chevy.com
    from New Jersey

thats what I was thinking, Ill have to do some research

Gary

29. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

I was just wondering the same thing. I've got a 30' Chevy Coupe and next weekend will have a 29' Chevy roadster project. You still have any of the OEM steering box parts? I need a couple parts for mine...;)

Cool project :D