Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen Car Alert!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SoCalCarCulture, Feb 21, 2008.

1. A friend of mine had his Nomad stolen today - any help is appreciated!

[​IMG]

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

These thefts are getting out of hand.....rotten bastards.

3. dbradley

dbradley

Says it was at a body shop........ Is it complete as shown?

4. Nailhead

Nailhead

Maybe Chip Foose stole it ??? Seriously though, I hope it turns up, looks like a nice car.

Todd

5. BigRedDude

BigRedDude

I hate a fucking theif but unfortunately very few stolen older cars get recovered, it's too easy to part them out, or even worse just get another set of paperwork and do some minor apperance modifications. Regardless I hope it turns up, Will keep an eye out here.

6. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

The car donated it's kidneys to him? wow!

7. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

We have to catch one of these bastards sometime. Hope we catch this one. Keeping my eyes peeled...

8. Dyce51

Dyce51
    from Ohio

I've got alot of friends all over the west coast...I'll post this on a couple of other forums I'm on...

Friggin theives can't leave anything alone...Hope they find it for your friend...

9. Maybe McGyver still had his key?? Seriously though, thieves should be castrated and them forcefed their sacks...Bttt

10. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Awhile back, a local garage was working on a restored 57' Belair convertable. The car was parked in the shop parking lot, which was located next to the garage. Problem was, there are no windows facing the parking lot and the gate is left open because it was too much trouble to open and close. Car was never recovered.

I would never take my car to a shop like that. He asked me what he should do. I told him to put an electric gate and windows on the side of the building. 2 years later, nothing has changed.

11. that sucks ! hope they find it ! had my 71 El Camino stolen almost a year, never found ! good luck finding , hope you do ! I say drag them loser's behind the car if you catch them ! s.o.b's

12. thats what I thought! amazing, I would have sentimental value with that car too.

on a serious note: die thieves

13. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

It seems like this is happening a lot, I am starting to think that my local town is right about putting up security camera's on every street it probably would have helped prevent the thieves from cleaning out my car of all my stereo equipment right in my own driveway.

14. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

living that close to a coast... you'd think it would already in a box thing on a boat across the ocean right now... it sucks, but thats what happens when welfare and food stamps dont go far enough, they have to take from people that earned their keep

15. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

id be watching ebay in the next few months if they part it out thats the first place they would go. or it could be on a container ship going to parts unknown. thats the only thing about driving a nice old car, the common thief will not touch it because you never see many like it and he couldnt get rid of it real fast (chop shop) like a new Lexus or Caddy. but when they do get stolen they are usually sent to a private collection somewhere else in the world.

16. 53burb

53burb

1st thing I would do if this ever happens to any of us (hope to god not) inform all the ports if you are near an ocean. All the border areas. Within, all eyes will be looking out. Maybe we should all have tracking chips put into our cars somehow? With technology, it can be done and is worth it. Something to think about. I have heard too many people getting their rides stolen. KNUX!

17. Catch 'em...then tie 'em to the car and drag 'em!

18. redrico1

redrico1

i bet a dollar to a donut that car is probably out of the country by now.

19. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

My Buddies 59 Pu Got Snagged About 15 Years Ago In La And The Cops Told Him To Forget About It Cause It Was Probably In Mexico Hauling Lawnmowers!!!!these Fucking Thieves Need To Be Caught!!!

20. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

this is posted all over myspace too....thats alot of eyes! Hope someone sees it!

21. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

i'lll keep an eye open in san diego and my junk yards

22. Horsepower67

Horsepower67

Man that sucks, I'll keep my eyes out.

Reminds me why I'm getting Lojack installed on everything...

23. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

nor-cal has its eyes open too.

24. recardo

recardo
    from Winslow

Inside job no doubt. Does the body shop owner live in a trailer?

25. recardo

recardo
    from Winslow

Won't help. The mob uses GPS jammers that they stick-on before they move it.

26. irishpol

irishpol
    from Texas

The rumor is that cars are stolen to order, taken south of the border then shipped to places like japan. I heard that one guy was amazed to see that there was a coupe very similer to the one he had stolen in a magazine feature about a car event in Tokyo. Every car I've built I press my finger prints into the paint in numerous places that don't show, that way even if they repaint I can still prove that it is the car I say it is!!