Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration >>>>friday Art Show 2/21/08<<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GaryC., Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinsonart

stinsonart

Dang, you guys are killin' me! Such phenomenal talent! Oh well, here's shirt design I just finished for the Shell station on Woodward Ave. in Royal Oak, MI.

It's on a huge lot and is the only place on Woodward that the cops can't run us out of 'cause the owner, Sam wants us there. It's way cool there from about mid-May thru the Dream Cruise in August!

Attached Files:

2. some prints i been workn on for spring[​IMG][​IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u272/jimhively/PICT0007_1.jpg[​IMG][​IMG]
    zombie, those engines look so real its scary

3. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Tingler... Love it... Representing the Midwest.

Zombie, GaryC, everyone... Great work.

I had a busy week. I had Three pieces to do last week, and SIX cars to do this week... they were all over the board, traditional to high tech billet shit. But it pays the bills.

I can't post them all yet, some are top secret:rolleyes: and one is a birthday present... Here are some of the "line drawings", and a few color comps.

These are for builders all over the country.

I'll post the rest next week.

Enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of you might recognize this.. This is the original sketch I did for the ads and poster. Then my old boss put his mug on it (Against our wishes) and ruined it.

[​IMG]

Joshua Shaw.

4. VOETOM

VOETOM
    from MO

I had to show you all the fine art work that Ryzart did for our robotics team. Look at the shirts we are all sportin' and note the logo on it and the robot bumpers if you can see them. Rich at Ryzart created this for us last summer and we love it.

Thanks to the connections we made on the HAMB, our high school team now has one of the coolest logos in the area. Thanks again Rich J from all the LSNHS Broncobots team.
    Tom

Attached Files:

5. Had some time off this week for a change.After a couple days of doing nothing I started prowling the shop looking for stuff to do.Found a bunch of old ceiling fan blades a friend of mine had given to me awhile back to decorate.Didn't realize I had so many of them(10 sets).

Started painting them yesterday and finished several sets.Still have some work in progress pieces.May put them up for sale later.

Attached Files:

6. A few more.

Attached Files:

7. misfit36

misfit36
    from new york

great stuff everyone. i like the ceiling fan idea. something i did for a chief in my department, came out ok.

[​IMG]

not mine, but thought you guys might dig it. got it at a toy show. its an iron on from 1967.

[​IMG]

8. thanks for the comments,,,,,zombie...its about A4 in size...the next one will be bigger for more detail

9. Clysdale

Clysdale
    from Vista, CA

I'm shy!!!! Thanks guys...tingler and company....just a mass of great stuff, zombie makes me want to break out my colored pencils and then remember why they are locked away!:D

10. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Good to see you here for the Friday show!
    - Joe

11. damnfingers

damnfingers

Wow guys/gals...I used to blow this section of the HAMB off and now realise I was missing the best part.

There is some kind of talent here...I am so impressed.

Thanks all for sharing it with us mere mortals who can't draw a straight line! :)

12. BoneHeadcustomZ

BoneHeadcustomZ

Great stuff, you guys knock me out!

[​IMG]

13. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

Attached Files:

14. Clysdale

Clysdale
    from Vista, CA

Thanks Joe!! Seems like all roads lead to here...

15. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

absolutely amazing stuff as always...
    Gary C- fawsome, ynottayblock -love the colors
    tootall- real sweet!!! Zombie- i am a true fan of your style. it's all so good!!
    here is mine for the week: my first attempt at painting a close up of chrome.
    Acrylic on canvass
    [​IMG]

16. pinstripingbykc

pinstripingbykc
    from Lombard,IL

great stuff everyone

17. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Nice work everyone!
    Here are a couple of paintings I did about 6 years ago. The first is a huge wall fresco called Merc-N-Progress, which I painted in the tasting room of a winery in Carmel. The winery no longer exists and I'm not exactly sure what happened to the artwork, but I plan to recreate it on canvas someday. The second is the first automobile-related oil painting I ever did. Unfortunately, it was destroyed in a fire. Oh, and sorry about the grainy pics.

[​IMG]
    90" X 200"

[​IMG]
    48" X 56"

18. whitewall - if your stuff is not popping up automatically when you post you need to click the direct link box in your photobucket list under the image then click the little mountain icon at the top of the post window

19. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Brent,
    sweet carb, looks great!

Clysdale ... welcome, your stuff rocks:)
    cheers,
    CAB

20. I love the carb painting...I took this at CHRR last October & thought of your painting...and thank you for the compliments

[​IMG]

21. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Well first, here's my 13yr old son's COOP and Bean Bandit inspired artwork called SpeedMonkey. It is 3'x4' painted on plywood. He's been hooked on COOP's work ever since Mad Fabricators volume #3. Scary isn't it? I also have some of Mitch's artwork to post inspired by chunky trailer park girls, late nights of hard drinking, and of course endless days of combing through junkyards, not necessarily in that order. It is hard to name all the great talent here in the Hamb but Gary the 2D is perfection, Graverobber your work makes me want to jump in the scene and join in the fun,ynottayblock gotta love it, Uberstang the scene is worth a 1,000 words and Zombie the engines side by side is sheer genius! Hope you got the Kustom shirt we sent you? Thanks, Joe A. www.powerandnoise.com

Attached Files:

22. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Yes, I would like one of those in black. Bagged and all.
    Brian

23. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/quote]
    Love the work Zombie!!!!
    For some reason I really like that last gold Caddy motor too.
    Some kick ass work
    Brian

24. Zombie, great stuff this week... Later, Michael

25. rollie

rollie

...another stellar showing by all , too many names to list ...I finished up a fink clock and a tiki this week . That tiki frame came from the thrift store......

Attached Files:

26. GaryC.

GaryC.

BoneDaddy... The monkey is very cool!...
    but the style on the other drawing is so damn unusual
    I can't stop looking at them. That's a great look!

Ynottayblock... Cool carb painting. Re-post when you finish it.
    Can't wait to see it.

Falconizer 62... I'm digging that chrome painting.

Zombie... The color and style on the T-Bird is killer.
    The motors... what can I say but beautiful!

Slide... A Big Thanks... and the KNS art and the Rock and Race art are great.
    BTW... I live about 15 minutes from Dragway 42.

SurfMonkey... Keep up the Prismacolor work. That looks really good.

Meteor... I'm loving the style!

Corngrower32... Those are nice 'n clean. I particularly like the Pick-up
    pushing the dragster.

FlyingPolock... As always... your stuff is tops!

Thanks to all for your kind words!!!

27. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Thanks guys,

I just found these surfin... by accident. I did them a long time ago. like, three or four years ago.

One car got built, ones almost done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Joshua Shaw

28. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  29. I don't want to leave anybody out so a general "WOW!" will have to do. Jeff Norwell please add to the awesomeness.

Clysdale You've waited too long. Good to have you join in.

Sorry,... My jaw's agape.... I'm in awe of the show so far. I wish I had more time to put into mine but I didn't so here it is as is....

(For the art challenge #6)

[​IMG]

30. damnfingers, may I just say you've got just about the funniest name/alias/handle on this message board. I crack up every time I see it. I can relate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.