Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 Ford P/u Firewall Source

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BigRedDude, Feb 20, 2008.

1. BigRedDude

BigRedDude

Ok guys, I need a source for a 32 Ford Pick up firewall, I understand they were removeable so I thought that someone has to re-pop them, of course if you know where an original one is, that would work too, I'm trying to re-do a project that someone else butchered all to hell, and turn it into something. Currentlly it has a peice of Diamond Plate, I could remove that and just put in a smooth piece of sheet metal and it would look way better than the Plate, but I would prefer ans OEM or re-pop.

Thanks,

~BigRedDude

2. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

The '32 pickup and every other '32 used the same firewall and your right they were removable. An origonal from a passenger car or a reproduction will fill the bill. You've got lots of possibilities. The origonals are getting quite pricey like everything '32 but ocassionally Ebay will yield one that can be restored.

Frank

3. BigRedDude

BigRedDude

Ok, thanks for the info, wasn't sure if the firewalls for the cars would work, I'm going to check out Brookville.

Thanks,

~BigRedDude

4. hillbillyhell

hillbillyhell

33-34 truck firewalls are awfully sweet IMHO...more footbox room. They pop up on EBay every now and then, usually go for a few hundred.

5. alchemy

alchemy

HAMB member HRCS had some new repo blems for sale in the classifieds a week or so ago.

6. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

7. Check them out, they might still have some left.

32 Ford Firewall Blems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Price: 400
    This is a reproduction 32 Ford firewall, no holes, brand new but with slight scuff marks so being sold WAY below the usual price of $650. Have seen them selling for as much as $800. Let me know if you have any questions.

[email protected]

8. BigRedDude

BigRedDude

Man, every inch I can get will help, as I'm 6'5" 230 lbs. and you should see me trying to cram into this thing, my first thought was to repair all the b/s that was originally done by the previous owner, and sell it, just cause I couldn't fit comfortably in it, But If I could gain a few inches here and there, it will by no means be a "comfortable" ride, but for lil cruises it would work thanks for that tip, I'll look into both options now.

9. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I have used several HRCS firewalls and they work just like the stocker.

10. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

I have one extra PERFECT repro 32 firewall no holes or scuff marks that I paid $600 for but will sell for $500. It is an accurate repro, NOT the flat style like Brookille. OR I have a good original one for $950. [email protected]

11. I am about the same size as you and I fit fine in my 32 pickup,,,removing the original gas tank will net you a lotta room,,,,as far as the firewall,,,go with a 32 style. HRP