Register now to get rid of these ads!

///////art Challenge#6: 02-08-08\\\\\\\

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jigger, Feb 8, 2008.

?

Who's the big winner???

Poll closed Feb 25, 2008.
  1. sgtlethargic

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  2. BoneHeadcustomZ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. fortypickup

9 vote(s)
    19.1%
  4. twochops

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 27T

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Fowler5

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  7. GaryC.

22 vote(s)
    46.8%
  8. Jigger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  9. ALLEYOOP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Gaters

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. 02-18-2008, 11:56 PM

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  12. Pablo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. baader

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Rem

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. nate

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  16. CQQLSPENCER

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Clark Kustoms

8 vote(s)
    17.0%
  18. lesabre59

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

Yes sir...can and will!

Jeez, thats a big task...we'll see!

2. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

OK Sarge...heres your station wagon!

Attached Files:

3. Right on, right on!

4. The Supply Sergeant
    Designed with: Wannabe Artist Software ;)

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Kurt

5. twochops

twochops

read first thread-------T.C

6. LabRat

LabRat

Jay great pic's , stick them in the art show ....

7. At the time of their introduction, setting next to a svelte, flowing and completely thought out "40 Ford and that ultra stylish Stude of the late '30s
    I'm sure most other brands looked ugly. We look at it with different eyes and vastly different perspectives and can appreciate it from more of an outsiders perspective. I have a pretty broad appreciation for designs world wide spanning the automobiles whole history and would still put this design well into the top 100. Then again, it was just a truck; meant to be used and abused, not primped and pampered. Rode hard and put away wet!

8. woops
    sorry guys
    i got rid of it (proves you shouldnt post after only reading title:eek:)

awesome drawings n stuff anyway

9. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Well this is the irst time i ever colored something in with markers (SHARPIES) I hope ya's like it. I decided this truck needed a face lift and a chop wouldn't hurt either. What the hell even some fenders that flowed might not look bad. anyway this is what I came up with.

Attached Files:

10. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

11. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Is there anyone else done yet?

12. Pablo

Pablo
    from Washington

I hope I am not too late. new to the forum and i noitced the Friday art show, tried to post there, but realized the time to post is limited. here is a Fink rendering of a 46 chevy truck.

Pablo

Attached Files:

13. Boys, I'm new to HAMB, Lifelong armchair rodder (til I got my F-100 a couple of years ago) and artist.That's why this thread grabbed me.
    Nice works here. If there's a vote, I'll vote.
    But I'll stick my butt out the window for you all to take a bite at....I 'm 72 yrs. old and that's too old to consider computer manipulations as artworks.
    Respectfully,
    Geezerman

14. baader

baader

How about this kind of work then?
    All computer generated. (even sketching is done on tablet)[​IMG]

15. Nice work, badder.

Geezer- I respect your seasoned opinion.
    Nevertheless, the computer is just a tool- that's it. If someone can't draw with a pencil- and doesn't understand color, line quality and perspective- one can't "draw" on a computer. (CAD is a bit different)
    The fact is, most "Artists" and illustrators, past and present- prefer to trace over existing images of automobiles- not ALL the time- but most. Drawing a car from scratch, accurately- represents alot of skill and effort.
    The modern camera has been in use just about the same exact amount of time that the automobile has, so you can use your imagination there.

Art has ALWAYS been technical. The addition of the computer actually changes little. Cave paintings- even artwork inside of the pyramids- any early artwork for that matter- all has a similar feel; flat, distorted- almost childlike.
    It wasn't just a "Style" that they happened to like.

It took CENTURIES -during the middle ages- for us to develop a collective body of knowledge that allows us to reproduce what we see with our eyes- on a flat piece of paper.
    That's whether it's printed from a computer or not.

Sorry for the book-

16. twochops

twochops

58Fridge100------------Thank you very well said.
    TwoChops

17. flyingpolock

flyingpolock
    from PHX

Gary C. .... man, you are my hero!!
    Everyone, great stuff! (fortypickup, you're really attacking this thing!) Lockwood, Pablo, everyone... glad to see such diversity!

I'll throw in a non-competing (exhibition-only?) entry (is actually a rendering for a project nearing completion) just to keep things rolling along, and besides, I just dig the panels!

[​IMG]

Chopped, sectioned, blown, reworked windows, etc...

Jigger, that piece of yours is, as always, incredible!

18. I'll grant y'all that the computer is just another tool as is a pencil.
    Badders original is great.
    Photoshopping/manipulating an existing image or images is mostly my complaint.
    There's some really good artists showing here . Wannabe photoshoppers should be embarrassed to chime in.
    There, I knew I'd get someone pi$$ed off if I keep trying.

19. baader

baader

I´m pretty offensive when I have to defense computer work being art.
    I work as a 3d modeler doing interior and arch visualization, people tend to get that mixed to engineering, but I consider myself more an artist.

Oh and thanks for the compliments to everyone,
    flyingpolocks drawing makes me feel like a five yr old in daddys poker night.

20. this really isn't the place for the debate.. it's been done before. there's good and bad in everything.. for good some photoshop see chopperolli, one of the best!

oh crap.. only 2 days left :eek: ?? I better get at it!

21. Pablo

Pablo
    from Washington

Hey i was wondering what computer programs are you guys using to render your art? I notice more then once guys reffering to Tablet? i tired Corel draw, it gave me fits and I went back to pen and pencil. i suspect it is because of my level of computer literacy. You guys are producing some great stuff on computer and I would like to try my hand at it.

Pablo

22. eye bone

eye bone

Hey, this is the best thing you have ever posted, since I've been on here! And that's saying allot cause you usually post good stuff! Great Job!!!

"Eye Bone"

23. baader

baader

I use Corel for logo design etc. that needs to be vector. Only with mouse though.

Got ArtRage with the tablet (Vacom Bamboo Fun) and I´ve been fiddling with it since christmas, it´s like painting with real brushes and pencils.

I use a6 size tablet and even it feels big cause I´m used to working with mouse. Tried some bigger ones and didn´t like those. Additional plus is that it´s the cheapest one :)

24. flyingpolock

flyingpolock
    from PHX

Hardly, man.... I'm feelin' yours, and lovin' it! Total character!!

Thanks, man... you made my day. Fun piece that has some great folks involved... the real truck is almost like some madman's cartoon come to life! I'm stoked to be part of it all!
    Thanks again for the praise!

I use Illustrator almost exclusively (right behind pen, paper and scanner), and am devoted to my Wacom tablet.... Painter keeps calling to me, though... lots of cool features in there.

25. Gigantor

Gigantor

Polock - that dashboard is SEXY as all HELL!

26. Gigantor

Gigantor

Actually - that might make a good future art contest : "Design or redesign a dashboard"
    Nate? Jigger? What do you think?