Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you do besides work on your hot rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by desoto, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Man, you've got some real talent.

2. Have "Break the rules" quality time with my 5-year old daughter, hang out in the shop tinkering, or surfing the HAMB for inspiration or the web for parts. I am usually planning the next car or boat project or upgrade. In addition to the cars, I have a "hot rod boat" - a 740 hp, 21' jet boat.

quick video here from last november
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=H_bfLlxBu1g

Attached Files:

3. i surf alot and take care of my grandparents 13 acre property in nj

4. Cooking, hanging out with my dog(we are best friends), finishing the genealogy that my mom started before she passed away, working on my vintage Italian scooters and keeping my wife happy.

5. storm king

storm king

ride & race motorcycles, walking compendioum of warbird knowledge, slot race drag cars during the winter, fly and build airplanes (real ones, although a couple of my guys do unreal R/C ones).

6. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Work on bicycles (vintage Schwinn mainly), skateboard, fix stuff around the house, collect Americana and old toys, model cars. Also always been into art and photography, radio controlled cars, work in the yard, take care of a bunch of cats, go to live shows, eat food that's unhealthy and way too rich, etc., etc.

7. 56Sedan

56Sedan

Aside from my personal cars, I build them for a living.
    When I ain't workin I do some photography, collect Ford shit(old signs, touch-up cans etc..) sit around sometimes drinking whiskey and getting e-coli from oysters. Go to heavy metal concerts(which ain't much lately- no free time to travel), piss of the wife and occasionally take her out to dinner. Can't forget my quest to accumlate enough parts to build a Panhead Harley.
    Also help raise my 3 kids.

8. sho1off

sho1off
    from Buffalo MN

spend way to much time on the HAMB, waterski in the summer. working or helping my son on his car. Talking with the wife, and keeping her happy, play with my 76 century inboard boat. shovel snow, and freeze

9. I've had some involvment in all these things in this video... which was recorded on my cell phone!!!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K72dj2zUFVU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K72dj2zUFVU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

10. Don Lyon

Don Lyon

Little huntin' /fishin' when time / weather permit. Help with daughters family projects, (37 Chevy, 71 Camaro, 68 Firebird.) PC games, warbirds, helping my former boss / commander put together info on our Mig 17 / 21 days. Keep my neighbors tractors / pickups in service, have a few beers or some Canadian whiskey, not enough time in the day.I also like to cook.

11. I do alot of snow shoveling in the winter months:D

12. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

Thanks Man!

I've got about 200 originals and they are all for sale! :D

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I love to scrapbook, bake, cook and do "projects" around the house. I enjoy entertaining, having friends or family over for dinner or parties. In the spring and summer I love to garden and spend time in my yard. Love to travel and shoot photos......I'm single, over 30, non-smoker, no kids....oh wait....wrong forum....:D

14. I play in three bands, one rockabilly, one country rock, and one jazz/blues/country blues. Oh yeah, and I mow the lawns once a week :(

15. BigRedDude

BigRedDude

Im currently sending my resume over to the Mackster trying to get an apprentice job... Oh and what's this snow stuff some of you are speaking of?

16. TxRat

TxRat

I work for a large oil corporation and I'm a slave to the man. I also build model cars hang out with my wife and son. I get tattooed as often as I can (which hasn't been lately). I love to cook also....

17. mackster

mackster

apprentice positions are available. It doesn't pay much but you get to assist the ladies on the top half as I work in the bottom half so they get their oral exam at the same time, that way nothing is missed...:D
    together we can find the cure!

18. slacker91

slacker91
    from Emmaus, PA

i like to cook, paint, and read. i try to get tattooed as much as i can, but it only seems to happen twice a year. i spend the rest of my time keeping the girlfriend happy, and hanging out with friends. im always looking out for nice things for my apartment, and i enjoy driving.

19. Tony

Tony

Kinda funny this topic was brought up today..
    I had decided i needed another outlet, or 'hobby' myself. My WHOLE life revolves around car's...daily job and after hours, that's it so for me, car's are not a 'hobby' at all....without a doubt a lifestyle.
    I needed something to do that would remove me from that life..
    I've alway's been into music, played sax through out my school years....But had alway's wanted to learn to play the guitar..
    I figured with some music history behind me, why not.....plus music, (early blues and 50's rock being my main interest) is a MAJOR part of my day to day life.
    So, i now have a Fender Strat, amp etc and will be taking lesson's soon..
    I'm really diggin' it..but have along way to go to be able to play anything that dosn't sound like complete shit..
    It's actually good though, the learning itself is very rewarding.

Tony

20. Mattilac

Mattilac

21. BlackMagicKustoms

BlackMagicKustoms
    from Denton,TX

22. BigRedDude

BigRedDude

I don't need much money, I just want to do whatever it takes to help find the cure :D

23. inkundone

inkundone

i get tattooed (so far only about 150 hours done) and play video games with my wife. i gave up on shoveling my driveway. i just take a propane torch to it now.

24. I can believe the part about traveling and shooting photos but the over 30 part I'm having a hard time believing.:)

25. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

Repair and modify Vintage Mercedes Benz ,nothing after 1990.
    I get to drive ( 'read' thrash) some insane cars.
    Meet some interesting folk as result and enrich my life experience at the same time while getting paid for it.
    Retired ameture gynecologist.Been 'pro' twice and discovered that fugly little thang aint worth the money involved in chasing it. ;)

26. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

Favorite things to do:
    • Remodeling this 3,500 square foot house, currently working on Master bath and bedroon gutted and new subfloors are with dry wall up, so I am doing the mud now.
    • Help some drunks here and there
    • Collect swords and bayonets
    • Collect and fix clocks
    • HO trains but everything is in boxes now
    • Yard art out of my metal collection
    • I also like to pick my nose and eat it

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well aren't you a sweetheart! If you weren't married already........:D

28. DUSTY13

DUSTY13

drink...fuck...fight...work on motorcycles...repeat

29. autobilly

autobilly

Due to responsabilities (which arn't so bad) and work, I don't get much rest & recreation these days. However, when I was younger, I managed to play/listen to greazy music, wrench for fun, cruise, drink a lot of bourbon, attend social activities and read a lot. Now I love to HAMB it up with a beer, whenever I get the chance.

30. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Well........when not hobbie-ing with hot rods I can be found at an open air rifle range - trying to get proficient with my AK, Thompson, LAR & assorted hand tools....or I can be found in my garage welding aluminum for custom bikes.....oil tanks & seat pans - my specialty....
    and after that.....still playing hockey when my old bones will let me....
    All in between raising a 2 & 15 yr. old with my wife.

Other than that - nothing really.....

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x11/paco1008/Picture969.jpg
    http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x11/paco1008/SmokeOutseatforLTC.jpg
    http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x11/paco1008/Picture615.jpg
    http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x11/paco1008/oiltank9.jpg
    http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x11/paco1008/Picture1234.jpg

Paco