Register now to get rid of these ads!

Calling all Canadians

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by canadianzed, Jan 30, 2008.

1. 31Oldschool

31Oldschool

Steve,

So far, that's the only problem i've had. I had to get a machanic's sign-off for the serial number and the DOT guy looked it over and passed it. One thing I can say is he said that while he didn't like it, he found no reason to fail it. There are more than a few in the same boat and doing OK with it.

Keith

2. There ought to be a day or two in August....snow might be gone by then, too. :)

3. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

48 ragtop? Real cool in winter. ;)
    How is the job going?
    House hunting yet?

4. TerryE

TerryE

I have always envied the HAMB'Rs that have met a race car driver/owner from days past. Yesterday was my turn. I met Jim Lindsay, the owner/driver of the "Pepper Mill". A 60 Falcon drag car. Jim is a great guy and a true gentleman. Forty years ago, I remember that little Falcon kicking butt at the St. Thomas drag strip. This thing was powered by a 300ci Ford six and turning mid 11's in the quarter. The Falcon won at Indy in 71 (you were right on the year.. Poncho 62). Since the little Falcon, Jim has built up a 6 cylinder Maverick drag car and a 6 cylinder powered Altered. The falcon is currently undergoing a full restoration. It looks like the Falcon has had some frame work done, a new floor has been installed and a full cage and fuel cell has been added. The car was originally red, but is now in white primer. The plan is to go back to original. I have attached pictures of all of the "Pepper Mills". I would like to have Jim join the HAMB and contribute. I would also like to post some more pictures and a history of the Falcon in its own thread. Thanks Jim, it was great to finally meet you. Here we go.

Attached Files:

5. TerryE

TerryE

The rest of the pictures.........Terry

Attached Files:

6. TerryE

TerryE

Sorry guys, I can't upload the Maverick and the other pictures of the Altered. The files seems to be too large. I will reshoot the pictures and try again. Terry

7. eeluddy

eeluddy

My uncle runs a vintage front engine rail dragster out of Florida powered by a 300 inline6 Ford. I think he said it's a 7 main bearing block?. It runs in the 9's

8. canadianzed

canadianzed

I am pretty sure I saw the altered (Pepper Mill) run at Sparta, love the sound those 6's make when they get wound up.

9. koolkemp

koolkemp

10. koolkemp

koolkemp

Been a fun week lol! Service work on copers that I have never seen before (different manufacturer) no training lol! Oh well its money eh!
    Wont be lookin for a house till the summer after we get some work time in at our jobs pay down the bills a bit and add a few bucks to the down payment money...unless we win the 649 hahaha!

Steve

11. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Great job Terry.......Glad to see Jim is doing well, as well as the Falcon....I was a big fan of that car. Hope to see more pics in the future.

12. weids

weids

Lacombe (just north of Red Deer)

13. sickboy

sickboy
    from canada

St-clet quebec just west of montreal,

anybody know a good machine shop near montreal????

14. 31Oldschool

31Oldschool

Steve,

Yup! I dragged the body and frame home with no identifying features. In order to get a vin, I had to jump through the hoops.

Keith

15. canadianzed

canadianzed

lets see your canadian plate collection,
    [​IMG]

16. shagg'n

shagg'n

Deep south here-London,Ontario

17. Hey Mike .....dig that crazy shot of you pulling the wheels on that "Shagg'n Wagon" of yours.

Attached Files:

18. TRUCKENSTEIN

TRUCKENSTEIN

I am in Moncton, New Brunswick, for anybody that doesn't know where that is it is just above Maine

19. tstclr

tstclr

Ingersoll, Ontario here. Just bought this thing:
    [​IMG]
    33000 miles , I'm third owner. Not sure what I'm going to do with it. I couldn't pass it up. Corvair Monza's are cool!
    Todd

20. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

And, I thought you were just a Pontiac guy.................:rolleyes:

21. captainflight

captainflight

Orginally from Toronto. Now in Tweed, Ont.. My son and I built a nice big shop on our farm and have 50 Ford 2 dr, 39 Ford 2 dr , 32 Ford pickup, 30 Ford 2 dr, 60 Dodge hardtop. I am looking for photos and info on the Toronto car scene in the 50-60's. I was raised the the east end and would love to find info on an early 30's red Plymouth coupe with an Olds engine from the area. Also the Hopkins brothers who were real gearheads. Does anyone remember the Commisioner St. street race drags? Nice to see so many other Canadians on the site.

22. Sick boy what kind of machine work are you looking for.look me up in the phone book give me a call. are you the one that has a 37 ford truck on rte 201?

23. Westcoastgasser

Westcoastgasser
    from Sin City

Originally from Vancouver. Now in Las Vegas Nevada.....

24. koolkemp

koolkemp

Oh ...how much do they charge ya for given ya a VIN? And I assume that you got it without the car bein all done? Do you know whats involved in gettin an ownership down here if you did have a VIN? I gotta learn all these new rules lol....had it down to a science back in Ont less than 50 bucks usually no inspections or anything as long as you had a Vin #.

Steve

25. sickboy

sickboy
    from canada

yup that's me, it's actually a 36, i mostly need a set of slugs fo the wishbones, a set of sleaves for my spring perches and a spacer for my spindals

26. Lucky_mtl

Lucky_mtl
    from Montreal

hi, i m from MONTREAL too. have 49 monarch 4 door (wich is not a 'tagged' mercury. firewall is completely different. i doubt fenders would interchange or anything else.)
    i am looking to move my shop so if anyone wants to share or have garage space for rent in montreal or near montreal let me know...
    i am a pinstriper and will be at the quebec city car show in april just before viva las vegas.

27. 28Abone

28Abone
    from Toronto

Hi there I'm from Toronto. Working on a model A coupe.
    28Abone. [​IMG]

28. grumper

grumper

I did that last weekend on my way to carnivale in quebec city. Hell of a good time, but it was a hell of a hungover ride home back to Walkerton.

grumper

29. Fast Elvis, can you tell me anything about this car? It's a Piston Pusher's car. Charlie Haviland.

Attached Files:

30. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

29bowtie/

I saw that car last year at a show.... very neet history and held some records in its day.
    An injected blown 392 in a go kart!!
    a real neet altered.