Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nu Relics power windows

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chili Phil, Feb 16, 2008.

1. The wife want to give me power windows for my b'day. Any Alliance Vendors sell them??

2. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I put them in my 40 4-5 yrs ago, a true bolt in works great. a little pricey

3. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

nu relics is the simplest to put in because they are bolt in. out of all the ones i have seen, they are the best. also if you do buy their kit make sure you buy the wiring harness!! i talked to the daughter and she said the wiring gets a little tricky because of polarity changes when they are being used....i dont know about that stuff so i bought the harness and it was an easy afternoon of installation.

4. But no Alliance Vendors sell these? I'd like to keep the biz in the "Family" here.

5. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

i thought you already had power windows.
    just think how much fun all those hydraulic pumps and hoses and fittings are gonna be :D:rolleyes::p

6. George, that's more fun than one man can stand. I just want SOMETHING on this car that doesn't leak...

7. TerryE

TerryE

8. 58Lincoln

58Lincoln

Nu Relics makes high quality products.

Not only do they make the side power window units, they also make a power rear window set-up that I am putting in a 36 Ford coupe. These rear window units are NOT bolt in however.

9. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I put a set of Nu-Relics in a customer's '50 Buick Convert last year. Bolt-in and work great. Bought the harness, too. Bought direct from Nu-Relics, but they sure ain't inexpensive. However, I'll bet I saved over 8 hours of fitting up something that wasn't bolt-in (i.e. "universal). vic

10. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

forgot to mention, Streetscene mag did a tech article installing Nu relics windows in my 40 about 4-5 yrs ago

11. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

now why did i not think about that!?! ill steal the wifes window roller downer thingy tonite when she is asleep............