Register now to get rid of these ads!

57 gets a new smile

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brewsir, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Well duh, I didn't read very well. Shit I just noticed the Olds rims and that hood. Shit, that's a lot of work, it all flows rad too.

2. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

Looks killer man.

That wagon is looking better everytime I see it, I was wonderin' just the other day if you have been doing much to it.

Congrats on the new "shop" too.

3. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Brewsir--

Not to hijack, but.... You got any grill ideas for my 57 Pontiac? I was thinking about the 57 Buick as well, but I've got too many pieces:

[​IMG]

4. Gibson

Gibson
    from Butler, PA

thats bad ass, me likey, me want nomady

5. BOBBY FORD

BOBBY FORD

Looks great. Flows nicely Thanks for posting. BOBBY FORD

6. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Brewsir,

Years ago I had a 57 Nomad and I was going to use a Buick grill. Boy, did your pictures
    bring back memories. I guess you kan't keep them all...The wagon is looking kool, love
    the headlight treatment and the hood. The Buick grill looks like it should have been there
    from the factory a lot of guys will not notice it. All of your cuts have completely
    changed the look of the '57.

Keep us posted with the progress........

Happy Trails,

Mick

7. brewsir

brewsir

I went for the sneaky chop...2" was enough to change it up a little! I don't think there's any hood latch problems so far...it latches and unlatches and the release is just in front of the Buick grill......sooooo we'll see if it holds at 60 mph (more if I hook up the OD :) )
    Hay Jay...I'm thinking swap the entire grille and bumper from a early to mid 50's cadillac ...maybe even up to 58 or so....or maybe a 58 buick grille and bumper. Gotta be something fairly big!

8. Rusty Springs

Rusty Springs
    from SouthTexas

Don't change a thing, just rechrome all of it..........

9. Rusty Springs

Rusty Springs
    from SouthTexas

It that a 57 Chevy California bumper or did you weld the three piece together, the solid bumpers came only on cars that were assembled in California...

10. Fuk mi that is awesome!

11. CruZer

CruZer

What a great look. The combination of grille change and headlight treatment really changes that front end. I don't think I've ever seen that done before.

12. brewsir

brewsir

Its a California bumper...chrome costs cash and I'm already deep into this car...dropped spindles with power disc brakes,rebuilt the front suspension,new this that and everything and I'm still far from really having it done "right" Still have to replace almost all the glass too.....anybody want to buy a cool wagon??? (I have my eye on a 2 dr 57 that would look even better with all this stuff done to it!!!)

13. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

looks really nice... really nice... i like the vertical stripes more than horizontal... or chicken wire